Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gas Prices

Angry Gas Prices

Well today gas prices in my area went to $3.299/gallon for Regular. Unfortunatly I have to fill the Monte Carlo with Premium at 3.499/gallon. Just wondering what everyone else is paying for gasoline.

They say price guaging(sp?) is illegal. I would like to know of one gas station that isn't doing it. Our local gas station gets a tanker truck every couple days. I want to know how they can justify a price change 3 times in one day! I went by in the morning and it was 2.799, then when I got home from work it was 2.999, the cars were lined up waiting to fill. I went home and was going to come back, it wasn't an hour later the price was 3.299. I know that a tanker truck did not come three times in one day. So how is that not price guaging?? When they get a new tanker in then it would be ok to raise the price if they paid a higher price, but, if they got a tanker in and decided to put it at 2.799, then how is it raised to 3.299 when they still have not paid a higher price for it. I don't blame gas stations for the high price of gasoline. They have to make a living too. They can't help the price of gas. What I do blame them for is when they pull shit like this. They just rip you off! Tell me that they are not price guaging! GAS STATIONS CAN KISS MY ASS!

Blog Entries

I filled up both my cars Tuesday night because I was afraid of something like this happening. I was driving around last night and it seemed like every other gas station was out of gas. Its going to get bad quick if they can't get fuel to us.

I had been planning to go to a Jack Johnson show in Atlanta this weekend. I dont think its going to happen unless we can get gas. The last thing I want to do is get stranded somewhere in backwoods georgia.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Gas prices are killing everyone! People aren't leaving home any more than necessary. I imagine the travel industry is falling apart. The bad thing is that this insanity will trickle down into all the other energy sectors too. Expect heating your home this year to dig into your savings account! At least motor oil won't go up. They always have more of it than they need.

Blog Entries

It's getting worse here. I just went to pick something up for lunch and gas stations which had gas this morning no longer do. This is going to get interesting real quick. I'm glad I can telecommute if I need to.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

It's panic for the run outs. That area doesn't refine that much oil.

6. Default

I'm trying to hold out until after the weekend to refil.

By Tuesday vacation travel would have died down and Katrina will be but a distant memory.

I still don't understand why petroleum is the only business that's allowed to blatantly price gouge...

Ask bush and his buddies, including his best friend the King of Saudi Arabia

Amen to that! With TWO (count 'em) oil men in the White House (Dick and George), what do we expect?

When I mentioned that to my Repulican buddy, he said, "That's a little short-sighted, isn't it?" Sure it is, bud--WAKE UP AND SMELL THE GAS FUMES!

Oil companies report record profits every quarter. Bush will never do anything about it. Take a look at what George and Dick report for income (if they'll release it, which I doubt) the year AFTER they leave Washington. Cheddar through the roof!

Moo
    "Chicks dig me cuz I rarely wear underwear, and when I do, it's usually something unusual"--Bill Murray, "Stripes"

I'm starting to think it's a good thing I didn't sell my beretta yet, I'm probably going to switch back to that car for better gas mileage. With the crown vic, each day I go to school there and back it takes up almost a quarter of a tank.

toledo,ohio 1440 royalton toledo oh 43612

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848
    I filled up both my cars Tuesday night because I was afraid of something like this happening. I was driving around last night and it seemed like every other gas station was out of gas. Its going to get bad quick if they can't get fuel to us.

I had been planning to go to a Jack Johnson show in Atlanta this weekend. I dont think its going to happen unless we can get gas. The last thing I want to do is get stranded somewhere in backwoods georgia.
    Que banjop music,you sure have a pretty mouth
    I drink a great deal.I sleep a little,and i smoke cigar after cigar.That is why i am in two-hundred percent form
    -Winston Churchill

Well in Houston it wasn't that bad, but I don't live there anymore and I don't have to fill up with gas anymore because I'm at college now. My friend from Houston told me the gas shot up 50 cents because of the hurricane. New Orleans was the major port for gas for Houston, I guess Galveston will become the next major gas port for the south again, until a hurricane hits it and then it will switch back to New Orleans.
    Smoking a cigar is very fun.

Gas here in Houston is like $2.65-$2.76 today depending on where you fill up.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

toledo,ohio 1440 royalton toledo oh 43612

I'm really rethinking my engine rebuild on my mustang ,gets about ten miles per gallon now,thank god for company gas cards and vehicles
    I drink a great deal.I sleep a little,and i smoke cigar after cigar.That is why i am in two-hundred percent form
    -Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Jonsey5484
    Well today gas prices in my area went to $3.299/gallon for Regular. Unfortunatly I have to fill the Monte Carlo with Premium at 3.499/gallon. Just wondering what everyone else is paying for gasoline.

They say price guaging(sp?) is illegal. I would like to know of one gas station that isn't doing it. Our local gas station gets a tanker truck every couple days. I want to know how they can justify a price change 3 times in one day! I went by in the morning and it was 2.799, then when I got home from work it was 2.999, the cars were lined up waiting to fill. I went home and was going to come back, it wasn't an hour later the price was 3.299. I know that a tanker truck did not come three times in one day. So how is that not price guaging?? When they get a new tanker in then it would be ok to raise the price if they paid a higher price, but, if they got a tanker in and decided to put it at 2.799, then how is it raised to 3.299 when they still have not paid a higher price for it. I don't blame gas stations for the high price of gasoline. They have to make a living too. They can't help the price of gas. What I do blame them for is when they pull shit like this. They just rip you off! Tell me that they are not price guaging! GAS STATIONS CAN KISS MY ASS!

It could be from another store up the road. Say your store gets gas at 10am and pays a price that allows them to charge $2.79 a gallon. A couple hours later, the store up the road gets their gas but has to pay a price that forces them to charge 2.99 per gallon. Well the first store is going to up their price too in order to make more money.

BTW, here it is $3.19

i really doubt the gas prices will go down. before the year is out we will be paying the same as europe does. and it will most likely stay there.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
    and I'm not sure about the former." -
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by PuffTheMagicDragon
    It could be from another store up the road. Say your store gets gas at 10am and pays a price that allows them to charge $2.79 a gallon. A couple hours later, the store up the road gets their gas but has to pay a price that forces them to charge 2.99 per gallon. Well the first store is going to up their price too in order to make more money.

BTW, here it is $3.19
    That is called price guaging and it is illegal. Also, I just think think that this whole thing is a bunch a BS. They will run the price up over $4 a gallon and then when it does go back down to 2.79, people will be lining up thinking they are getting some kind of great deal. Same thing that they have been doing for years.

It's pretty sad when gas is more than half of the minimum hourly wage.

Blog Entries

I had just over a half a tank so I figured I would fill up again tonight. I drove 8 miles and past ~15 gas stations before I found one with gasoline tonight. I waited for 20 minutes and bought regular unleaded for 3.29 a gallon.

Quote Originally Posted by QuietC
    It's pretty sad when gas is more than half of the minimum hourly wage.
    I was thinking about that while I was driving back from the gas station across town tonight.

The minimum wage went up in Florida to 6.15 so we are a little better off then most places but do the math. Lets say you work an 8 hour shift at minimum wage and have to fill up a 15 gallon tank in your car.

$3.29 * 15 = $49.35
    $6.15 * 8 = $49.02

ouch.

No stations around here are running out, but prices jumped up to 114.4 cents per litre on thursday. If my math is correct that works out to $3.75 a gallon in US dollars.

I'm so glad I drive a 4-banger.

A five minute walk from Cigars International.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonsey5484
    They will run the price up over $4 a gallon and then when it does go back down to 2.79, people will be lining up thinking they are getting some kind of great deal. Same thing that they have been doing for years.
    $2.79 already sounds like a good deal.

Thread Information