Thread: 5 Vegas Gold

Default 5 Vegas Gold

This cigar and I had a bad start. There was a stem up by the cap that caused a great deal of damage when I cut the cigar. No great loss though, this cigar was extremely boring. I'm probably not the best person to critique an ultra-mild like this. I generally don't like them much.

After I fixed the damage as best I could, I lit up. The cigar has good construction and a good draw and burn. The flavor is completely ho-hum! It reminds me of Occidental Reserve cigars. If it was any milder, it would be a cigarette. Then again, there wasn't anything bad about the cigar. It just wasn't my kind of smoke. If you're into ultra-milds, this might be for you. Otherwise, go for something with a little more flavor.

2. Default

Agreed. I bought a fiver. Smoked one. Gave the rest to my son (don't know who he passed the next three on to, too mild for him as well).
    I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.
    --John Wayne from The Shootist

I had some of these, I did not think they were too bad, I never had a cutting problem though. The biggest problem that I ran into with it was taking the band off. I like to smoke my cigars until it is licking my finger tips. Every band that I take off seems to be partially glued to the wrapper and puts a small tear in it. Once it gets hot enough the whole cigar splits in half. Other than this, I generaly don't mind them once in a while.

12326 Airline hwy Baton Rouge La 70817 Attn -SEAL-

i give them to the girls that want to try a stick. had a box and passed a few on as i like a more dimensional stick than these. I have been told they age well and taste better after a stay. The draw to me was a bit too easy. Not bad with something really light. I had one after we had some sushi and it didnt overwhelm the nice aftertaste from dinner. I had no construction problems from them. Im going to let 4 or 5 sit in the bottom of my box for a while and see if they get any better. 1st two smoked OTB

P.S. i always find the bands are easily removed once the cigar is lit and underway, the glue softens up i think
    Give me one ill smoke it.

Thread Information