Thread: Need: Inexpensive Windproof, Butane Lighter

1. Default Need: Inexpensive Windproof, Butane Lighter

I've been doing some searching online and can't seem to find an inexpensive lighter. Nothing turned up when searching on this forum.

I want a:

- Butane one.
    - Re-fillable if recommended.
    - Windproof

Everyone wants $30 or more, or is this the price I should expect to pay?

Where do you guys gets yours? It doesn't have to be online either, I live in California and could get one in a store, just unsure where.

Also, where is a good place to get re-fillable butane?

Thanks in advance guys. I apologize for the newbie ignorance.

toledo,ohio 1440 royalton toledo oh 43612

I have a colibri -12 on e-bay and a nibo,both work great,look around you can get some great deals
    I drink a great deal.I sleep a little,and i smoke cigar after cigar.That is why i am in two-hundred percent form
    -Winston Churchill

3. Default

Look around at local gas stations for a "Q-Lite", (I think that is how it is spelled). They are cheep (Less than $10), refilliable and super tough (Mine has survived about 100 fishing and hunting trips). They also look pretty good.
    "I Smoke in Moderation.... Just One Cigar at a Time." Mark Twain

Convenence stores or ebay, if you go with ebay search for "torch lighter" - should come up with endless possabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by godfather
    I've been doing some searching online and can't seem to find an inexpensive lighter. Nothing turned up when searching on this forum.

I want a:

- Butane one.
    - Re-fillable if recommended.
    - Windproof

Everyone wants $30 or more, or is this the price I should expect to pay?

Where do you guys gets yours? It doesn't have to be online either, I live in California and could get one in a store, just unsure where.

Also, where is a good place to get re-fillable butane?

Thanks in advance guys. I apologize for the newbie ignorance.
    Got a Tiger on ebay for $5 and a Nibo for abot $20...both are great, both have triple jets...do an ebay search on lighter +triple and you should see a wide variety...NIBO is good, ECIN is good, Tiger is good...as they are butane and have 3 jets they're pretty windproof...

6. Default

I got something called a Firebird (I've heard it's a Colibri, but it contains no other branding) for ten bucks at my local shop... I asked for a cheap lighter, that's what they hooked me up with. :)

If you're not smoking on the wind-swept tundra , simple wooden matches are just as good, and usually free. :)

toledo,ohio 1440 royalton toledo oh 43612

Quote Originally Posted by SuperChuck
    I got something called a Firebird (I've heard it's a Colibri, but it contains no other branding) for ten bucks at my local shop... I asked for a cheap lighter, that's what they hooked me up with. :)

If you're not smoking on the wind-swept tundra , simple wooden matches are just as good, and usually free. :)
    thatrs a line from colibri
    I drink a great deal.I sleep a little,and i smoke cigar after cigar.That is why i am in two-hundred percent form
    -Winston Churchill

I have a cple of these. at 11.oo you cant go wrong.

ECG BUTANE MINI TORCH

9. Cool Thanks Everyone!

I ended up finding a Firebird Lighter. Works pretty well and I can't wait to try it out tonight with my new smoke. Thanks everyone.

Here's a picture, hopefully this will stay working:

-- PIC --
    Last edited by godfather; 09-02-2005 at 04:21 PM.

Thread Information