Thread: CAO Info.....

1. Thumbs up CAO Info.....

A local Cigar Shop has a sale on Non-Cuban cigars, nicluding a very good collection of CAO Cigars. (Probably about 20 different types.) Can anyone recommend a good CAO cigar? I am thinking about buying a box of them if I can find one type I like. (The price is really good for here in Canada) I have enjoyed a few CAO's, but I was wondering if anyone had any strong recomendations. Thanks.....
    "I Smoke in Moderation.... Just One Cigar at a Time." Mark Twain

Default Sure IE

In CAO my favorites would be their standard Gold line. In particular the Torpedo. Mild to medium body, creamy/nutty and a smooth, slightly spicy finish. If you'd care for something stronger, the Italia line is nice. Very sweet Italian grown wrapper (or was it the binder?). There is a robusto size that is particularly nice. The Brazillia line is nice too. Strong for a CAO, sweet and spicy.

The Anniversario line is nice if you like a really mild Cameroon.

I never cared for the CAO maduro stuff but you may like it. I'm not big on Maduro.

CAO has come out with many new cigars over the past couple of years that I have yet to try.

You can't go wrong with CAO as far as construction and burn. Some CAO is rolled by Torano. The Gold line for example.

Taste of course is subjective!

The golds are pretty mild...

Up a notch are the black labels (not that easy to find)

The Italia's I would say were next

MX2's fall right about in the middle...

IMO - The Anniversary's are next in the power scale, followed closely by the Criollo's

The Brazilia's I believe are the strongest... To me, they taste a little bit "sour" - but I've come to really enjoy them.

My favs out of the line are probably the Italia's, the Anniversary's and the Criollo's... i have some 7 yr old black labels that are just incredible (a very nice creamy, nutty flavor to them - not overpowering, just really pleasant)

The nice thing about CAO's is I don't believe I've smoked a bad one. To me they're one of the more solid, uniform lines out there. CA rates most of their line 90+

I'd recommend the Brazillia, Gol!

I had a 6 or 7 year old CAO black and it had a real nice nutty/vanilla flavor to it. Other than that I am a CAO newb, been meaning to pick up one of the Brazilias or Italias one of these days.

Blog Entries

I'd recommend not buying any CAOs.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    I'd recommend not buying any CAOs.

Really? Any particular reason?

I like the brazillia line, and I just ordered some blacks, havent tried them yet though.

CAO's are my favorites, I wouldnt get the Italia or the Cameroon, I still have many CAOs in my humi that I have yet to try. One of my favorites however is the Extreme, its one of the more expensive cigars they make but I think its well worth the money, good luck and let us know what you chose.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Island Epicurean
    Really? Any particular reason?
    They're overpriced.
    They're overhyped.
    They don't taste good.

I used to sort of like the MX2 line but as my tastes have evolved, I no longer enjoy them. Every other CAO I've smoked never left a lasting impression on me.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    They're overpriced.
    They're overhyped.
    They don't taste good.

I used to sort of like the MX2 line but as my tastes have evolved, I no longer enjoy them. Every other CAO I've smoked never left a lasting impression on me.

I am going back there tomorrow and while I will probably try some for myself, they also have quite a few Fonseca Cigars on sale. Any recomendations there?

I have tried many offerings from CAO multiple times / different sizes ( Brazilia, Italia, Maddies, Gold, Black ). They have never impressed.

Like what you smoke and smoke what you like. blah blah blah

`
    `

Disclaimer: All views made on The Hugh Jorgan Show ® are the opinion of Hugh Jorgan Productions, Inc. ® and do not reflect the views of our sponsors.

13. Default

I actually like all of the CAO's, with the possible exception of the Italia.

The Brazilia line is one of the prettiest looking cigars around -- that dark black wrapper and bright green band draw attention! Strong, sometimes almost harsh, but good.

The Anniversaries are excellent.

But as someone noted above, I don't think there's much doubt that the CAO Gold are the best, particularly if you like a milder, smoother smoke.

14. Default

Hey All;

Thanks for the advice. I actually settled on a box of CAO Gold. I am pretty pleased with my purchase. Once again, thanks for the info!

toledo,ohio 1440 royalton toledo oh 43612

Quote Originally Posted by JakeKnight
    I actually like all of the CAO's, with the possible exception of the Italia.

The Brazilia line is one of the prettiest looking cigars around -- that dark black wrapper and bright green band draw attention! Strong, sometimes almost harsh, but good.

The Anniversaries are excellent.

But as someone noted above, I don't think there's much doubt that the CAO Gold are the best, particularly if you like a milder, smoother smoke.
    i like the way a cigar smokes ,not the way it looks
    I drink a great deal.I sleep a little,and i smoke cigar after cigar.That is why i am in two-hundred percent form
    -Winston Churchill

Aw come on, it doesn't mean some of them aren't real purdy. But the ugliest cigar in the world would be my favourite if it taste/smoked the best.

Thread Information