Thread: JR alternatives

Default JR alternatives

how do these compare to the actual brands?

Blog Entries

They don't.

They all taste the same which isn't very good.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

man that was quick you can't get service that quick at a doctors office and they just tell you it's a viral infection and that you should just go home and rest. then of course they steal all your damn money.

CC you really need paid for this advice. I'm an asshole and won't do it myself but maybe, just maybe, someone will see my post and give you some money. here's hoping and thanks for the advice man.

Taste and preference is individual. I happen to enjoy a Rey del rey once in awhile. Sunday after church my brother comes over and after a lunch of donuts and ham and rolls we head to the patio or hottub and burn Jr's. They are also good while trying to avoid mosquitos. Nothing I would ever send to the fine BOTL's here. But a cheap pleasure for sure. Best with ice cold beer. Not really intended for scotch. 9x60 so its a big smoke.
    Remember to breathe

Quote Originally Posted by prophetic_joe
    how do these compare to the actual brands?
    I've heard the JR Ultimate is the way to go....I have a few resting in my humi...will let you know when I try one...and as for paying CC, don't say stuff like that or it'll go to his head, and he's difficult enouogh as it is...

bigpoppapuff Guest

an average cigar...at best.....there are so many cigars that are better.........pass...

For the price some are good if you have an oral fixation and just want something to smoke.

8. Default

I'll respectfully disagree with some of your earlier respondents: I'm a big fan of the JR Alternates.

For the price (less than a buck a stick if you buy the bundle), they're unbeatable. Very well constructed, very consistent, smooth smokes.

Are they as good as the real thing? Of course not. For me, they're my yard work cigars. But they do come pretty close with some of their blends. The Cuban alternative Partagas Lusitania and Cohiba Siglo IV (both approx. 7 X 48) were extremely good. I wasn't as impressed with their Cuban Punch alternatives, but they were still pretty good.

Unbeatable for the price. Great for mowing the lawn.

And when you run across some cigar snobs who lift their noses at the plain bands, do yourself a favor: buy a box of the real thing (whatever it is), remove the bands, mix them up with the alternates, and challenge the snobs to pick the real thing. They can even keep their eyes open.

I've fooled more than a few self-described "Aficianados" that way. At least with some of the blends.

Somebody gave me one of these once. I tried it - after about five puffs I stubbed it out, and rinsed my mouth out with bitter, bitter coffee just to get the taste out. It was god-awfully bad, tasted like I stuck my foot in my mouth.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Thread Information