Thread: Padron 1964 Maduro Pyramid

Default Padron 1964 Maduro Pyramid

Pre-Light Aroma: Exquisite, definite hints of cocoa.

Draw: Mine was tight, my friend's was fine, had to use the largest punch size, which I prefer not to do.

Construction: Great burn, self-correcting, over 1.5" of ash for first ash.

Flavors: cocoa, coffee, bitterness, cedar, creaminess, a little guinness flavor

Overall, I'd say this was a great cigar, did it blow me away for the price, not at all, I've smoked just as great 5-8 dollar cigars. I cannot wait to try some Paddy 1926 Maddies, I only have the naturals sittin' in my humi.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

What type of cedar?

well, it was a woody taste that leaned toward cedar, I'd assume it was leaning toward a spanish cedar since that is what is was stored in at the shop.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Intesting fact- spanish cedar isnt accually in the cedar family of wood.

Thread Information