Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New York Yankees???

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bkcloud114
    True..... very true...... You never saw anybody doing any of that stuff at the NUMEROUS ticker tape parades that the NY Yankees received for their NUMEROUS World Series victories.

Ya see, the problem with the Boston fans at the parade was that they had no idea what to do at a "Victory" parade since it was soooooo long since the last one.

CAN YA FEEL THE LOVE ????????

LET'S GO YANKEES !!!!!!!!
    LMAO, yeah, yeah, yeah 26 vs ONE

Now, I'm going to pull a superman and talk about the Astros here We've never BEEN IN a World Series let alone won one. Hell the FIRST TIME we EVER WON a playoff series and advanced to the next round was 2004. I don't think there's team that's been around as long as the Astros who've NEVER won a World Series. The second Washington Senators (now the Texas Rangers) may be ahead of us in this "place" in baseball history. The first Washington Senators are now the Minnesota Twins. Hold on, yep, the Astros started in 1962 as the Houston Colt 45's so bascially BOTH Texas baseball teams hold the dubious distinction of not accomplishing $hit
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Texas just can't get it up when it comes to baseball, and ever since the triplets of Dallas got old, they haven't been able to get it up for football either. At least you got Parcells though now, he's gonna push that team towards SB contender in another 2-3 years.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

I thought that we covered the attacking of the players part all ready. This is kind of hypocritical coming from a couple of battery throwers.

PS I know I know I watched the game tonight too.
    N.O.L.A.

NY fans throw batteries at guys like John Rocker, not our own players. During celebrations, massholes have attacked the very team they're celebrating.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Well Pedro was leaving the team because he is a big cry baby and couldn't stand being second to Schilling.
    N.O.L.A.

Boy was that a mistake, second to Schilling, how are they respectively doing this year? I hate Pedro as much as the next guy, but give me a break, Boston fans loved him while he was there, so I don't think that argument works too well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigMacFU
    Boy was that a mistake, second to Schilling, how are they respectively doing this year? I hate Pedro as much as the next guy, but give me a break, Boston fans loved him while he was there, so I don't think that argument works too well.
    Schilling's team is in first, Pedro's team is in last.
    How is each one doing individually?, Who cares, this is a TEAM effort and I'm not quite sure Pedro ever grasped that concept.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

How 'bout those Cleveland Indians?

and, HOW 'BOUT 'dem RED SOX !!!
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

toledo,ohio 1440 royalton toledo oh 43612

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    How 'bout those Cleveland Indians?

and, HOW 'BOUT 'dem RED SOX !!!
    1 1/2 games ,the more you talk the closer we get.Keep up the good work
    I drink a great deal.I sleep a little,and i smoke cigar after cigar.That is why i am in two-hundred percent form
    -Winston Churchill

Cat where you at.Haven't seen any posts from you .OH maybe it because were in first place baaaahahahahah.Just kidding buddy ,be fun to see if we can hang on.Yankees have been palying good baseball,and Randy hasn't looked like hes 50 in september
    I drink a great deal.I sleep a little,and i smoke cigar after cigar.That is why i am in two-hundred percent form
    -Winston Churchill

Blog Entries

I've been busy and haven't posted much anywhere and again, I really don't give a crap about the Yankees, I only started this thread so you'd stop jacking my Astros thread

Yep, the Yankees are playing good baseball and no offense but you guys are lucky the Orioles SUCK as bad as they do kinda like when Houston was playing Pittsburgh, we won 3 out of four but IMO should have won them ALL which really isn't much of an accomplishment because Pittsburgh sucks WORSE than Baltimore.

Ten games left, three with Toronto, FOUR MORE with Baltimore and the Yankees finish the season with the Red Sox in Fenway. I honestly didn't think the Yankees would sweep all four to Baltimore so there's a pretty darn good chance the Yankees will sweep them next week in Baltimore also.

What's pretty cool about this is that Boston has to play the SAME TEAMS, Baltimore & Toronto in their last ten games but the Red Sox only get them three more times and the Yankees four more times

The Red Sox last seven games are AT Fenway Park and the Yankees only have three home games left. I'll still stick by my original assessment that the advantage is still with the Red Sox but the Yankees gotta be happy about the fact that they get FOUR MORE with the $hitty Orioles
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

i was just messing with you,they under achieved for so ong ,nice to see they earn there pay
    -Winston Churchill

Blog Entries

They're right back at it, scoring FOUR in the bottom of the first against the Blue Jays
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Advantage definitely isn't to the Red Sox because the Yankees won their last series against the Red Sox, their pitching held back the Orioles line-up, which despite the lack of Palmeiro is still scoring runs at a decent pace, and they have a good record against Toronto. The Jankees (how the Bronxites pronounce it with their native tounge) are hitting on all cylinders, check out their record over the last 10, compare that to Boston's. It feels good to be in NYC baby!!!!

As for threadjacking, how bout them Cubs about to spoil the Astros whole season, yeah, the Cubs ain't gonna make it to the playoffs, but neither are the Astros

Red sox have a losing record against all thre remaining opponents
    -Winston Churchill

Blog Entries

HMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......................

Edgar Renteria !!!!

All tied up, Yankees lose and the Red Sox win
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Thread Information