Thread: New York Yankees???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Default New York Yankees???

Okay you Yankees fans who keep clogging up the Houston Astros thread, here's your chance to be heard.

As of today, the Yankees are three games BEHIND (yes, that's BEHIND) the Red Sox. Both teams have 20 games left to play.

Home/Road
    Yankees have 7 games left at home and THIRTEEN on the road. The Red Sox have 11 left at home and only 7 on the road.
    ADVANTAGE: Red Sox

Record at home
    Red Sox 48-22, Yankees 47-27

Record on the road

Red Sox 35-37, Yankees 33-35 (OMG a LOSING record on the road )

All of the Yankees remaining games are against AL East teams so lets look at the Red Sox and the Yankees versus AL East teams:

Record vs AL East
    Red Sox 29-29, Yankees 26-28 (Oooooops a LOSING record against the division )

The Red Sox have four games (at HOME) remaining against the Oakland A's who seem to have lost their will in their divisional race with the Angels and their Wild Card race with the Yankees and the CLEVELAND INDIANS.

Red Sox record vs AL West teams
    Red Sox 25-14

So if you can look at all these statistics and try and convince yourselves that the Yankees will win the AL East, uhhhhhhhhh...............

YA CAN'T WIN THE AL EAST

So, the only hope the Yankees have is that Cleveland will start losing from here on out so that they can get into the playoffs via the Wild Card. Unfortunately for the Yankees, the Indians are the HOTTEST team in baseball right now.

The Yankees PR people are already looking at golf course schedules for October 3rd!!

Last edited by CoventryCat86; 09-11-2005 at 10:27 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

I used to like to brag about how the Houston Astros have the BEST Major League record at home. They now have the 2nd best record at home. Can anyone guess which team now has the BEST record at home? (HINT: It's NOT the Yankees )

Boston Red Sox

TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Can anyone tell me who has the most World Series wins ??

OK..... Here's a hint.....

IT'S NOT THE BOSTON RED SOX

OK here is another hint: Click Here

A Rod sucks Jeter swallows thats all I'm gona say about that .

P.S. Good luck making it to the play offs this year .

Blog Entries

Yeah, yeah, yeah........

Yes Tommy, I highly doubt anyone will catch the Yankees in World Series wins in our lifetimes, no argument there, BUT that's "history" as they say and all that history has no effect on this year's situation.

Has ANY team ever been up three games to none in a Championship Series or a World Series then proceed to lose the next four games and lose the series 4-3?

It seem to me it happened only one time in the history of baseball.

Can anyone refresh my memory?

On opening day this year at Fenway Park, the Red Sox were playing the Yankees and when they were introducing the players, the Red Sox fans, being the sensitive and caring people that they are BOOOOOOED every single Yankees player with the exception of Mariano Rivera, they gave him a standing ovation
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

All I have to say is 1-0 with 7 IP by Johnson that were masterful, while Knuckleball Lou throws a complete game and still loses. BoSox are going waaaaaaaaaaay down.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Thread Information