Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New York Yankees???

Blog Entries

Default New York Yankees???

Okay you Yankees fans who keep clogging up the Houston Astros thread, here's your chance to be heard.

As of today, the Yankees are three games BEHIND (yes, that's BEHIND) the Red Sox. Both teams have 20 games left to play.

Home/Road
    Yankees have 7 games left at home and THIRTEEN on the road. The Red Sox have 11 left at home and only 7 on the road.
    ADVANTAGE: Red Sox

Record at home
    Red Sox 48-22, Yankees 47-27

Record on the road

Red Sox 35-37, Yankees 33-35 (OMG a LOSING record on the road )

All of the Yankees remaining games are against AL East teams so lets look at the Red Sox and the Yankees versus AL East teams:

Record vs AL East
    Red Sox 29-29, Yankees 26-28 (Oooooops a LOSING record against the division )

The Red Sox have four games (at HOME) remaining against the Oakland A's who seem to have lost their will in their divisional race with the Angels and their Wild Card race with the Yankees and the CLEVELAND INDIANS.

Red Sox record vs AL West teams
    Red Sox 25-14

So if you can look at all these statistics and try and convince yourselves that the Yankees will win the AL East, uhhhhhhhhh...............

YA CAN'T WIN THE AL EAST

So, the only hope the Yankees have is that Cleveland will start losing from here on out so that they can get into the playoffs via the Wild Card. Unfortunately for the Yankees, the Indians are the HOTTEST team in baseball right now.

The Yankees PR people are already looking at golf course schedules for October 3rd!!

Last edited by CoventryCat86; 09-11-2005 at 10:27 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

I used to like to brag about how the Houston Astros have the BEST Major League record at home. They now have the 2nd best record at home. Can anyone guess which team now has the BEST record at home? (HINT: It's NOT the Yankees )

Boston Red Sox

TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Can anyone tell me who has the most World Series wins ??

OK..... Here's a hint.....

IT'S NOT THE BOSTON RED SOX

OK here is another hint: Click Here

A Rod sucks Jeter swallows thats all I'm gona say about that .

P.S. Good luck making it to the play offs this year .

Blog Entries

Yeah, yeah, yeah........

Yes Tommy, I highly doubt anyone will catch the Yankees in World Series wins in our lifetimes, no argument there, BUT that's "history" as they say and all that history has no effect on this year's situation.

Has ANY team ever been up three games to none in a Championship Series or a World Series then proceed to lose the next four games and lose the series 4-3?

It seem to me it happened only one time in the history of baseball.

Can anyone refresh my memory?

On opening day this year at Fenway Park, the Red Sox were playing the Yankees and when they were introducing the players, the Red Sox fans, being the sensitive and caring people that they are BOOOOOOED every single Yankees player with the exception of Mariano Rivera, they gave him a standing ovation
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

All I have to say is 1-0 with 7 IP by Johnson that were masterful, while Knuckleball Lou throws a complete game and still loses. BoSox are going waaaaaaaaaaay down.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

OK, all NY Yankee fans knew this was gonna happen...... Boston fans definitelty have bragging rights for this year. But come on guys....... you win one World Series in 86 years and all of a sudden you think you have the best team in baseball.

What you do have is a team that won last years World Series

Just remember.... like the '86 Mets...... IT AIN'Y OVER TILL IT'S OVER

Has ANY team ever been up three games to none in a Championship Series or a World Series then proceed to lose the next four games and lose the series 4-3?

It seem to me it happened only one time in the history of baseball.
    OK...... we felt bad for Boston fans...... decided to give ya one

On opening day this year at Fenway Park, the Red Sox were playing the Yankees and when they were introducing the players, the Red Sox fans, being the sensitive and caring people that they are BOOOOOOED every single Yankees player with the exception of Mariano Rivera, they gave him a standing ovation
    LMAO..... in New York, if we don't like you, we throw batteries at ya while your standing in the outfield

Blog Entries

Now hold on here, I'm a Houston Astros fan and I only started this thread so Superman could have a place to talk about his Yankees so he'd stop clogging up my thread I'm sort of indifferent on the whole Yankees/Red Sox thing, I just wanted to bust his stones
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

YANKEE TOOLS..
    Your million dollar pay roles wont get you to the post season.

My prediction

AL:
    Whitesox - division
    Boston-division
    Angels? Oakland? - division

wildcard-Indians? Oakland? Angels?

Have fun losing the wild card to the Cleveland Indians. Losing your slot in the playoffs to a team that sucks so much that the only way that they can win is to have a crappy comedy made about them staring Tom Berenger . Oh and 2000 wasn't exactly recent. You guys still have the have the world’s biggest choke in history to be proud of. That’s braggable right .

Let us just remember why all MASSHOLES are MASSHOLES and why all Red Sox fans, whether they are from Massachusetts or not, are MASSHOLES too (by the way, I can see people from New England liking the Patriots, after all, they're the NE Patriots, but the BoSox are the BoSox, not the NESox, people from states without teams, sorry, but cheer for college teams, leave pro-sports to the Big Boys):

One day, a president, owner, and GM got together and decided to release something to the press. In this press release they named a certain team the "Evil Empire" because they bought their championships with Free Agents and lots of money.

Now, let's advance the clock to October 2004 and analyze the latest World Series winners:

Home-grown talent (i.e. player they actually drafted): 1
    Team Payroll: $128,007,500

Now, which team to ever win the world series had the least amount of home-grown talent and the highest payroll ever for a world series team? That's right, you guessed, the Boston Red Sox.

The reason Massholes are Massholes is because they are the most hypocritical and ignorant fans in baseball (is this the Red Sox fault, no, at least until ownership started spewing BS like this from their mouths, and then players started to buy into it).

The true evil empire in baseball is the Red Sox (by their own definition of an evil empire). The problem I have with the fans is that you don't know what it is like to lose.

Years since Cubs last won a World Series: 97.

That's right, 97 years!!! Not only have the Cubs had more futility, but the Cubs have also been owned by a company who doesn't care to even put up a good team. Heck, here's another tidbit, the last time the Cubs even went to the World Series was 1945.

But this isn't a point of whose got a crappier team throughout the ages, it is a point of who gets blamed for their futility? Red Sox fans, because they are Massholes blame the Yankees. They say, it's not our fault our team sucks, it's somebody else's. Cubs fans on the other hand know that pointing fingers is only really avoiding the real conclusion, your team sucks. For Cubs fans do not blame the Astros or St. Louis, they blame their own team, their ownership.

So, maybe if the Massholes never would have pointed fingers at somebody else, maybe if the Massholes didn't sit there and call someone else an evil empire, when they themselves were far more guilty by their own standards, I might not hate the Red Sox. Unfortunately, this is not what has happened, instead the BoSox are a bunch of hypocrites and cry babies who whine and whine till they get what they want in the very way they didn't want anybody else to get it because they thought it unfair. In all honesty, what's the difference between the BoSox and a baby throwing a tantrum, I can't see any.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

First off you Yankees fans remain classy by throwing batteries at players and using the word Masshole eight times and bragging about it.

If you did your research you would know that the Red Sox AA team the Sea Dogs is in Portland Maine and the AAA affiliate the Pawtucket Red Sox are in Pawtucket Rhode Island and if you add up all of the state populations in New England they are all still less then New York City.

Last time I checked we still were spending less then Mr. Steinbrenner. 2004 Yankees payroll of $184.2 million and the Red Sox payroll of $127.3 million a $56.9 million dollar difference.

We don’t know what its like to lose? Are you on drugs? We lost for 86 years. We sure as hell weren’t winning in 1986.

Then there is this ridiculous rant about the Cubs. Honestly who cares about the Cubs in a Red Sox vs. Yankees thread? No one. Your own argument negates itself. The Cubs management doesn’t care about the team and the fans blame the management. That only makes sense to blame the management. Who else would you blame? Oh yea a goat.

We had the curse of the Bambino. We didn’t blame the Yankees we blamed the Red Sox management for financing a stupid play with the proceeds from the sale of Ruth.

Last time I checked the people that I saw crying were Jeter and A Rod when they lost the AL East in the biggest CHOKE in sports history.

Finally Jeter sucks A Rod. Yankees suck. Maybe you can slap your way into the playoffs this year?

Rocky, like I said, go cheer for UofM or UofVT. More to the point though, clearly your ability to read was lost when it came down to the facts.

The Yankees were called the "evil empire" by the Red Sox (ownership, fans, players, etc...). The reason they were called the evil empire is because they "bought" their world series championships. But, the FACTS remain that the Red Sox have the highest salary ever for a World Series winner and had the least amount of drafted talent on their roster (1, Trot Nixon). So, I therefore lay out, quite clearly why the Red Sox fans are Massholes, because they are hypocritical. Then, in all fairness, I lay out a comparison of how the Red Sox (ownership, fans, players, etc...) could have reacted to the fact that they historically have a losing team, they could do what the Cubs do (ownership, fans, players, etc...), they only blame themselves, not St. Louis, not the Astros, not the Evil Empire. The reason they can't win is because their own inept ownership. Boston fans weren't always Massholes, no, before the whole "Evil Empire" hypocrisy I could relate to Boston fans, knew that they, like us Cubs fans blamed inept ownership and management. Unfortunately, they took a turn for the worse when they started pointing fingers elsewhere, while secretly doing what they accused the "Evil Empire" of doing, buying championships. Even if the Yankees were to win the World Series this year, they'd still have more home grown talent on their roster than the Red Sox could if they won this year (Jeter, Posada, Rivera, Cano, Wiliams). That's 5 players they actually brought up through the minors and have only played for the Yankees.

So, the point is, Red Sox fans are Massholes because they are hypocrites, they weren't always this way, but they have been for the past 3 years. Now, are you specifically a Masshole, maybe not, maybe you never bought into the whole "Evil Empire" bullshit, but by the way you brought up salary as an argument, it sure sounds like you've given into the hypocrisy.

16. Default

And here I thought Massholes were Massholes because of the way they drove....

(which I would later learn was inherited from the English; driving in London is like Frog & Toad's Wild Ride without the guardrails)

Well as you know we could go on about this forever but it’s just going to keep going around in circles. I enjoyed getting my digs in as I'm sure you did. I'm still going to hate the Yankees and I'm sure you will hate the Sox. But you got to love this rivalry.

PS What was the name of that locally rolled NY cigar that I think I remember you mentioning a while back on some other thread?
    N.O.L.A.

La Casa Grande, hand rolled for the Mafia family now for many years. Check them out at La Casa Grande I really enjoy the maduros, as have other members.

We could go on forever, it is a great rivalry, or at least it has finally become a good one now that Boston has a decent team.

BTW, shouldn't you be a more ardent defender of the incredible hockey team you guys have at the University of Maine?

UMaine hockey is excellent I just have never followed them that closely but I guess now that I'm not going to be in New Orleans until next semester I will probably follow them a lot more because Bates sports blows.
    N.O.L.A.

toledo,ohio 1440 royalton toledo oh 43612

Quote Originally Posted by rpcky16
    First off you Yankees fans remain classy by throwing batteries at players and using the word Masshole eight times and bragging about it.

If you did your research you would know that the Red Sox AA team the Sea Dogs is in Portland Maine and the AAA affiliate the Pawtucket Red Sox are in Pawtucket Rhode Island and if you add up all of the state populations in New England they are all still less then New York City.

Last time I checked we still were spending less then Mr. Steinbrenner. 2004 Yankees payroll of $184.2 million and the Red Sox payroll of $127.3 million a $56.9 million dollar difference.

We don’t know what its like to lose? Are you on drugs? We lost for 86 years. We sure as hell weren’t winning in 1986.

Then there is this ridiculous rant about the Cubs. Honestly who cares about the Cubs in a Red Sox vs. Yankees thread? No one. Your own argument negates itself. The Cubs management doesn’t care about the team and the fans blame the management. That only makes sense to blame the management. Who else would you blame? Oh yea a goat.

We had the curse of the Bambino. We didn’t blame the Yankees we blamed the Red Sox management for financing a stupid play with the proceeds from the sale of Ruth.

Last time I checked the people that I saw crying were Jeter and A Rod when they lost the AL East in the biggest CHOKE in sports history.

Finally Jeter sucks A Rod. Yankees suck. Maybe you can slap your way into the playoffs this year?
    You sound like a pretty informed fan .Could you explain to me how the yankees choked to lose the al east ?
    I drink a great deal.I sleep a little,and i smoke cigar after cigar.That is why i am in two-hundred percent form
    -Winston Churchill

Thread Information