Thread: MP3 Players

Default MP3 Players

my girlfriend bought me a dell pocket dj for Christmas. (5gb) and my factory stereo in my car has an auxiliary input. i couldn't imagine life without this thing. i have a little over 1,000 songs on it which is almost full. i'd recommend one to any music lover!

Blog Entries

I've been jumping at the bit to get an mp3 player. I've been leaning towards a 20 gig iPod. I currently have ~20 gigs of music, so it would fit nicely with my collection.

i wish she would've bought me a 20g.

i wouldnt know what to do with 20 gigs of music, 256mb is plenty for me, then again i dont listen to it that often. But with the 20 gig ones, are you able to put lets say a whole cd on it, and then put it into a separate folder? that way it would be easier to access the songs you want. or do you have to search through every song to find what you want

Stupid question: How do you get the music onto the ipod? Does it hotsync or do you use usb cables or how?

Blog Entries

I *think* you have to use iTunes which syncs the ipod with your MP3 source. I'll ask one of my buddies who has one when get gets in to work.

I just recently purchased the new Samsung Yepp MP3 flash player for my wife and I. It is GREAT! Much smaller in size than an ipod, which is what I wanted, plus, I didn't feel the need for anything in the gigabyte range. I bought the 512 MB Model for just over $100 and it have yet to fill it up. It has a small readout screen that shows what's playing, has full skipping controls just like a cd player, has an FM reciever, built in mic for external recording, you can record from the mic, from the radio, or direct from any external audio source such as a cd player.

Adding music just requires plugging it in to a USB port. The unit shows up as a Removable Drive, and you just drag and drop stuff onto it, or you can use windows media player and transfer playlists or files directly thru that interface. very simple to use. Also you can store any kind of files on it to transfer to another computer.

In my opinion a great buy for anyone riding the fence. Great features, great sound, and a great price, small enough to wear around your neck...it is small.

They also go all the way up to a gig for a little under a $150.

the unit runs on a single AA battery. I have been using mine for two weeks on the included battery and it still shows a full charge on the meter.

These are pretty new and I'm not sure if they have them up on the Bestbuy website yet, they didn't when I bought mine.

Samsung also has another one with a small color screen that can display jpegs....runs about $150 for 512 MB

I'm a big fan of these....can you tell?
    Last edited by labmonkey; 02-17-2005 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by QuietC
    i wouldnt know what to do with 20 gigs of music, 256mb is plenty for me, then again i dont listen to it that often. But with the 20 gig ones, are you able to put lets say a whole cd on it, and then put it into a separate folder? that way it would be easier to access the songs you want. or do you have to search through every song to find what you want
    on mine you can search by artist, album, or title. and you can chose to play all by artist, or play album and whatnot

Blog Entries

I always see an MP3 player as an alternative to carrying around a 200 cd case logic of all my music. For traveling especially.

I would hate to be on the road and wanting to listen to something, but that something is on my hard drive at home and not on my little mp3 player.

Blog Entries

http://www.chait.net/index.php?p=575
    I saw this come through on one of the tech blogs I read. Its a 20 gig player, USB 2.0, FM Tuner, and its only $239.

They are starting to get in my price range!

A house, in a town, in a state, in a country.

Quote Originally Posted by cockyhoskins
    Stupid question: How do you get the music onto the ipod? Does it hotsync or do you use usb cables or how?
    I have the 20 GB Apple iPod U2 Special Edition. You have to use iTunes to put your music on it and it doesn't automatically sync. You drag the music you want to the iPod device in iTunes (you'd see it if you had one). They are very nice machines and their sound quality rocks. I hate the Dell DJ I had one and I bought the iPod and its much better. Of course, there's nothing better than kicking back in your chair with a nice cigar and your favorite song. I am a real music and technology junky (I'm not a nerd), and especially on Macs. If you have any question about any Apple product just ask me I'm here to help!

Thread Information