Thread: Purchased Cigars TOO Early

1. Unhappy Purchased Cigars TOO Early

I ordered a sampler of cigars (20 tubos) from JR on the 9th and got them today.

My problem is that my humidor was supposed to arrive YESTERDAY, but UPS is the biggest POS and FORGOT to put the package on the truck! It's supposed to get here today.

Further (and my newbiness will show), I didn't realize I need a few days to 'season' the humidor.

So my question is, what should I do to keep my babies fresh and from drying out?

If it makes any difference, where I live right now is 66 degrees and it says the humidity is 71%.

Thanks for any helpful feedback or assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by godfather
    I ordered a sampler of cigars (20 tubos) from JR on the 9th and got them today.

My problem is that my humidor was supposed to arrive YESTERDAY, but UPS is the biggest POS and FORGOT to put the package on the truck! It's supposed to get here today.

Further (and my newbiness will show), I didn't realize I need a few days to 'season' the humidor.

So my question is, what should I do to keep my babies fresh and from drying out?

If it makes any difference, where I live right now is 66 degrees and it says the humidity is 71%.

Thanks for any helpful feedback or assistance.
    As long as it stays that temp. and humidity inside your house, your cigars should be fine for a couple of days. If you are really worried about dampen a sponge and place the cigars and the sponge inside of a tuppaware container or some other type of container that seals. They should be fine for a while in there.

3. Default

If you have some big freezer bags, those work fine, too.

Hell, if you're in new england just leave them out, it's like 90% humidity today (that's sweat dripping, not crying)

4. Default CubanCrafters.com Rocks!

Hey guys,

Thanks for the replies.

I just want to say that cubancrafters.com rocks! I told them how UPS screwed up on shipping my humidor order and without any questions asked, they're crediting ALL OF MY SHIPPING CHARGES back to my card.

How great is that? What an awesome company to do business with!

5. Default

Hey,

I wouldn't worry that much..... You are practically living in the perfect humidor.....
    "I Smoke in Moderation.... Just One Cigar at a Time." Mark Twain

since they qare tubos.
    just set em and forget em!!

Quote Originally Posted by alexgtp
    since they qare tubos.
    just set em and forget em!!
    Yeah as long as you don't open them up, they should be fine for a couple weeks even (especially with your local conditions)

Cuban crafters is a good company, I signed up for them as a sponsor on my website. I will be reviewing their cigars in the future too.

Thread Information