Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jose L Piedra...

Default Jose L Piedra...

I go to a local cigar store in london, and it seems that i am the only person who buys this particular brand. I always know what the count will be when i get in the store.

I do prefer Romeo's, but this is my everyday cigar.

Am i the only person who smokes this?
    \

cant say ive smoked the joses...are they any good?

I was thinking about purchasing a box of Romeo y Julieta Petit Coronas...are they good smokes? how are these taste/body/aroma wise?

The Jose Piedras are popular amongst the locals in cuba and are hand made. It isn't as famous as the cohiba or monte's internationally. The Joses have a mild to medium body with strong flavours. I would reccomend them to anyone.

As for the romeos, i would suggest you draw them very slow to allow the full flavour to come out. It's dark and powerful with a few spicy undertones.

Enjoy.
    \

Looks like I need to pick up a few Jose's......I will let you know how I like them!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kubano
    The Jose Piedras are popular amongst the locals in cuba and are hand made. It isn't as famous as the cohiba or monte's internationally. The Joses have a mild to medium body with strong flavours. I would reccomend them to anyone.

As for the romeos, i would suggest you draw them very slow to allow the full flavour to come out. It's dark and powerful with a few spicy undertones.

Enjoy.
    These are short filler cigars as opposed to the long filler, "tolamente a mano" hand made more expensive Cuban cigars. They are considered medium to full body so I don't know where you're getting your "mild to medium" comment from

Filipino, born and raised. Now living in Sherwood Park Alberta, Canada

they are the cheapest Cuban cigars i know. good for everyday smokes, and for beginners trying out Cuban leaf, this would be a good introduction.
    You are what you eat. That's why I'm a fat bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    These are short filler cigars as opposed to the long filler, "tolamente a mano" hand made more expensive Cuban cigars. They are considered medium to full body so I don't know where you're getting your "mild to medium" comment from

Wow, watch out guys! Coventry is here to correct all grammar AND cigar opinions now. In fact, why don't we just let Coventry reply to all the posts.... Save him from having to correct us all.....

*really annoyed with CoventryCat and his bad attitude!*

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Roham
    Wow, watch out guys! Coventry is here to correct all grammar AND cigar opinions now. In fact, why don't we just let Coventry reply to all the posts.... Save him from having to correct us all.....

*really annoyed with CoventryCat and his bad attitude!*
    Awwwww, don't be such a baby Roham, you're the one with the "bad attitude". If someone posts wrong information it should be corrected.

The taste of a cigar is subjective. What is "mild to medium" to one may be something totally different to another. The polite and mature thing to say could of been something like, "I find", or "I have heard that they are medium to full body". I'd be surprised if you are even old enough to be smoking cigars Even year to year the taste of a cigar varies on the roller and the weather etc....

Wink

hey, chill u guys. don't want to add to the 'heat' or take sides but i just want to say this:

1. there is no 'wrong information' regarding one's opinion on how a cigar tastes like. it is a very subjective matter, like Roham had said. what's strong for you may be mild for me and thats okay. as long as we both enjoy it, its cool.

2. if you've personally smoked a J. L. Piedra you would know that they are indeed on the milder side. most experienced palates would tell you this. now im not bragging but ive smoked enough sticks to agree with this judgment. now if you're a beginner smoker then this mild cigar might be too strong for you for the meantime. but i wont insist that you go and say that this is a mild cigar even if you do find it strong. mine would be just a suggestion, just to guide you on what to generally expect from that smoke, from my perspective and no one else's.

3. smoke what you like, whatever, wherever, whenever, however. it is your cigar and your experience.

4. we're all BOTL. keep burning those damn stogies!

peace!

Chris
    Last edited by chrisboy; 04-21-2005 at 12:25 AM.

Default question for chris

what do you do in manila?

eat, smoke cigars, sleep. the story of my life.

lots actually. why do you ask?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chrisboy
    hey, chill u guys. don't want to add to the 'heat' or take sides but i just want to say this:

1. there is no 'wrong information' regarding one's opinion on how a cigar tastes like. it is a very subjective matter, like Roham had said. what's strong for you may be mild for me and thats okay. as long as we both enjoy it, its cool.

2. if you've personally smoked a J. L. Piedra you would know that they are indeed on the milder side. most experienced palates would tell you this. now im not bragging but ive smoked enough sticks to agree with this judgment. now if you're a beginner smoker then this mild cigar might be too strong for you for the meantime. but i wont insist that you go and say that this is a mild cigar even if you do find it strong. mine would be just a suggestion, just to guide you on what to generally expect from that smoke, from my perspective and no one else's.

3. smoke what you like, whatever, wherever, whenever, however. it is your cigar and your experience.

4. we're all BOTL. keep burning those damn stogies!

peace!

Chris
    I've personally smoked quite a few Jose Piedras and find them strong. Many reference books such as MRN and "Cultivating a traditon of perfection" by Habanos SA rate Jose Piedras as "strong" cigars. Almost everyone I've ever conversed with agrees with this assessment of Jose Piedras.

I did not say anyone was posting "wrong information" in this thread regarding their opinions on taste so you are misinterpreting my post. I was responding to Roham who is only posting his smart assed comments in an attempt to cause trouble ("smart assed" was his description of his posts in another thread, not mine).

Again, the general consensus is that Jose Piedra are "strong" cigars even if a few of you find them mild.

that is fine by me.

Blog Entries

chrisboy must have a stomach of steel , I guess I'm just too wimpy or something

Default I Ask because

I don't come accross to many people from manila and I was wondering whether you're there due to your career or what?

Question

JRas,

i am pure Filipino by blood. Lived here all my life. I am a software developer, and when i've had enough for the day, i dive into the world of cigars. Cubans are my favorite, and now im starting to branch into non-Cubans as well.

How about you? your profile doesn't say much...

Chris

Talking

chrisboy must have a stomach of steel , I guess I'm just too wimpy or something
    LMAO at CCat. nah, life's just too short to be wasted on arguments. i'd rather smoke a J.L. Piedra

we're all BOTL.

"cause trouble" eh? lmao

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Roham
    "cause trouble" eh? lmao
    At least you recognize your own shortcomings

Thread Information