Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jose L Piedra...

Default Well Chris...

I'm 18 and a senior in high school. I live in Eugene, Oregon and am a huge Duck fan and fan of sports in general. Obviously I'm pretty new to cigars and prefer mild-medium stuff.

Filipino, born and raised. Now living in Sherwood Park Alberta, Canada

Good to know you, J. Stick around, keep posting, and ask your questions. Lots of BOTL here ready to help. And since you're new with cigars, try just about anything you can get your hands on. It's a good and fun way to learn.
    You are what you eat. That's why I'm a fat bastard.

3. Default

I have a cousin that calls himself JRAS..Jamie Rasmussen...

Anyway, what are your favorites for far?

Default So far...

My favorites are macanudo gold label, montecristo and cao gold. I kinda enjoy a good flavored cigar at the time and just ordered a box of Tatianas off of famous-smoke.com which comes with a bundle of minis for free.

Default thnks

Thanks Chris Boy, (jose lp comment)

i havent been around for a while. but thanks for coming to defence of my "opinion".
    \

I've enjoyed the brevas and cremas but the cazadors I've been holding for a few months now just aren't as good as the others. I've had bad burn problems with all of them and I keep them at 62%

Default interetsing

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan View Post
    I've enjoyed the brevas and cremas but the cazadors I've been holding for a few months now just aren't as good as the others. I've had bad burn problems with all of them and I keep them at 62%
    I thought that was just a problem I was encountering with the cazadors at a certain retailer in london. Has any one else had ths problem?
    \

I have had the Cazadores and Petit Cetros and while I enjoy them they are no more than a good budget smoke. I agree with CC regarding the strength of the cigar, they are fairly strong.

As for the burn problems, I guess that it has to do with medium filler and for info they are machine made and hand finished.
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

Blog Entries

LMAO!! My first post in this thread was the day I joined!! As you can see, Roham and I hit it off great in the beginning. All is well now.

kubano though just seem to only be here to promote his site which is okay.......I guess....
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kubano View Post
    Thanks Chris Boy, (jose lp comment)

i havent been around for a while. but thanks for coming to defence of my "opinion".
    Well in my opinon, the sky is pitch black at 1:00 pm in the afternoon.

As I mentioned before Jose L. Piedras are considered "medium to full" and on the "strong" side. You claimed they are mild and about as many people will agree with your assessment as will agree with me that they sky is pitch black at 1:00pm so yeah, you can be stubborn and dig your heels in, after all, it's YOUR right to do that....
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

This reminds me that I have a couple of JlP sitting in the humidor, and the time may have come to smoke one.
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

Default title

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    Well in my opinon, the sky is pitch black at 1:00 pm in the afternoon.

As I mentioned before Jose L. Piedras are considered "medium to full" and on the "strong" side. You claimed they are mild and about as many people will agree with your assessment as will agree with me that they sky is pitch black at 1:00pm so yeah, you can be stubborn and dig your heels in, after all, it's YOUR right to do that....
    Thank you CoventryCat. I cant let you get away without disagreeing with you, so i submit that the sky is red and it is 1.20pm in the morning
    \

nearly 5 years later, allow me to resurrect this thread.

anyone smoking Piedras lately?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chrisboy View Post
    nearly 5 years later, allow me to resurrect this thread.

anyone smoking Piedras lately?
    WOW, talk about a blast from the past. Where ya been for the past five years?

Welcome back.

I haven't smoked these in a while but they're still medium to full bodied no matter what that dumbass claimed six year ago.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

I still smoke em all the time. Mainly when I am at a bbq or just beach/pool time. That way I dont get upset if it gets wet or people are mooching cigars.

Good cuban flavor, one dimensional but a tasty little guy when ya got the hankering for a non NC.

They are cheap and plentiful. I am down to one bundle time to restock. I will admit the newer ones with the white bands are far tastier than the older ones with the brown bands.

Blog Entries

For the small price difference, I'll smoke Quintero's.

Funny though, I liked the brown bands better. The white bands that I have seem to have CT shade wrappers. They sure look nicer and smoke smoother than the rough dark sun-grown stalk-cut wrappers, but the strong flavor that I liked doesn't seem to be there anymore.

17. Default

I too love the Jose L Piedras they taste great and I like the rough feel of them.

They were the first Cuban that I tried.

If you have a good supplier then please send me the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad-Yeti View Post
    I too love the Jose L Piedras they taste great and I like the rough feel of them.

They were the first Cuban that I tried.

If you have a good supplier then please send me the link.
    X2. Hook that shit up!

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    WOW, talk about a blast from the past. Where ya been for the past five years?

Welcome back.

I haven't smoked these in a while but they're still medium to full bodied no matter what that dumbass claimed six year ago.
    good to read you too!

a bit on the low side with cigar smoking compared to 5 years ago, but i am now craving for some of these rough JLP's!

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    For the small price difference, I'll smoke Quintero's.
    Second that!!!

Thread Information