Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yahoo Publisher Ads

Blog Entries

Default Yahoo Publisher Ads

I just got a notice that Cigarsmokers.com has been accepted in the Yahoo Publisher Network. I will be working on getting the ad's placed on the site, so expect things to look funky while I play around with it.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

??? More info Hex? Please ...
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

Blog Entries

Some of you probably saw the layout changes as I was trying to find the best place for the ads. I think place where it's at now is the best place for it. What do you guys think?

I'm trying to raise some cash to get a dedicated server for us and considering we are getting close to 500,000 page views a month content matched advertising this probably the best revenue generator for us.

Its going to take a day or two (according to Yahoo) for the content matched ads to start appearing. So please be patient with the irrelevant content.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

4. Default

This is just like the ads in Gmail I see. If it makes you some $ for the site then thats cool by me

K7
    The older I get ,the better I was

Half a million page views a month? Impressive
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

Its annoying, but bearable. I'v been a part of a few forums that are free with ads, but also have a membership option for around $20/year that gets rid of the ads. Just some food for thought.

7. Default

Big assed sig pics in peoples posts aren a PIA too but barely tolerable LOL
    The older I get ,the better I was

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7
    ROTFL

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7
    Classic!

`
    `

Disclaimer: All views made on The Hugh Jorgan Show ® are the opinion of Hugh Jorgan Productions, Inc. ® and do not reflect the views of our sponsors.

Guessing that was aimed at me?

Personally I hardly notice the ads, but yeah, they'll look better once they have cigar related ads.

Blog Entries

I toned it down just a bit. I now just have one ad next to your username on the main page and forum pages as well as a banner after the first post on every thread page.

I didn’t like how the ads on the right changed the site layout enough to be a distraction.

What about putting it at the end of the last post insted of the bottom of the first post?

Blog Entries

You think they will me more noticeable there? While I don't want them to get in the way of things, I also want them to be in a place where people are going to see them for obvious reasons (which I apparently not allowed to discuss because of the TOA).

The Ad Page must not actively encourage users to click on Ad Units

This may be borderline for you to answer then, but do you get paid for us buying off the sites, or just on clickthroughs? I buy little online, and am not easily influenced by these types of ads, but have no problem clickin a few links a day to help the site out.

Well, when you click on a topic it automatically goes to the last post so it would put the ads in plain view when the page loads. I just dont really like an ad in the middle of the page, but I also understand you have to fund the site.

If he cant answer it I can, I'm familiar with the system.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilentChamber
    If he cant answer it I can, I'm familiar with the system.
    Good deal.

Oh, and don't let people get on you about your sig pics, I like 'em.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by thepyrofish
    This may be borderline for you to answer then, but do you get paid for us buying off the sites, or just on clickthroughs? I buy little online, and am not easily influenced by these types of ads, but have no problem clickin a few links a day to help the site out.

Publishers (in this case Cigarsmokers.com) do not get commission on any purchases made.

Yahoo Search Marketing is a pay-per-click system used by advertisers to pay for clicks made on keywords (it was formally Overture). Go to www.yahoo.com or www.msn.com type in a keyword "cigars" for instance. You will notice sponsored links on the top and the right of the regular results.

Yahoo Publisher Network takes these same link ads and allows content based sites (link this) to display the ads and get paid per click based on what the advertiser paid for it (it's a % of the actual price paid).

All I needed to hear.

LOL, my post said test under it and I was confused. Still playing around I see?

Thread Information