Thread: B/S: Ashton VSG Illusion

1. Default B/S: Ashton VSG Illusion

I'd like to do a four way box split on a box of Ashton VSG Illusion.

6 sticks, delivered priority mail with DC# for $70.

PM me if interested.
    Supreme Leader Voltron
    bending over and reaching for the Crisco

2. Default

You can get em cheaper. http://www.seriouscigars.com/

They are in stock. If you can get em there I'm in. Would be about $55 shipped

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge
    You can get em cheaper. http://www.seriouscigars.com/

They are in stock. If you can get em there I'm in. Would be about $55 shipped
    Serious are out of stock. If theyhad them in stock, it wouldn't save you any money to have me buy them: I'd have to pay TX sales tax and then pay to ship them to you. You could get them directly from Serious for the same price. I realized this when I looked at doing a box split on A/F Best Sellers over on c/p.

I thought I was doing well to find a place that has them in stock and at a price that, while not as good as Serious, was way better than a lot of other places. It seems that nobody agrees with me. That's fine. I think I'm giving upon the whole box split thing. This is the second one I've tried that has gone nowhere.
    Supreme Leader Voltron

4. Default

OK. Newbie blunder. When I saw that Serious Cigars were out of stock, and the only VSGs I could find in stock on the net were up in the $15-$20 range, I got the idea that VSGs were rare. So when I then found a source with a box in stock at a price that didn't seem like highway robbery, I thought other people might be interested.

So today I went into my local cigar shop (what's a "B&M" by the way?) and he had a butt load of VSGs all around $9-$12. If you're interested give McCoy's Fine Cigars a call. The website's showing them out of stock of the VSGs but he's got open boxes of various VSG vitolas on the shelves and I'm sure he'd be happy to do some business.

And don't worry about me. I bought all the ones I need for now.

Not that you were worried about me were you you bastid!
    Supreme Leader Voltron

Blog Entries

Don't worry CG, this site doesn't have as high of a "traffic rate" as others. For instance, I think I've only done one or two trades here with my Maduro sampler but at least six or seven on CigarPass.

I wouldn't have minded splitting something with you at all but I really don't like Ashton VSGs so I passed. I'm actually not one who participates in many box splits because I usually just buy the whole box for myself

I think it's great that you offered up some cigars that you found that are usually kind of heard to get. I thank you for doing it, that's what this place is all about
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

6. Default

At any rate CG you did a good thing bro. Where I live the B/M guys are good people and not like some of the outrageous gougers I have seen on the net. @ of my local shops know me on a first name basis and there are rewards in supporting locals who have reasonable prices(Hemingway madoros,Anejos,ect ect ect )
    The older I get ,the better I was

bigpoppapuff Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7
    At any rate CG you did a good thing bro. Where I live the B/M guys are good people and not like some of the outrageous gougers I have seen on the net. @ of my local shops know me on a first name basis and there are rewards in supporting locals who have reasonable prices(Hemingway madoros,Anejos,ect ect ect )

tell the owner of mccoy's that his pal sid,from buffalo,says hello.....he was on a trip to honduras with me and others...it was one of the caribe trips.

b/m,btw is brick and mortar....as in,a real cigar store...

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff
    tell the owner of mccoy's that his pal sid,from buffalo,says hello.....he was on a trip to honduras with me and others...it was one of the caribe trips.

b/m,btw is brick and mortar....as in,a real cigar store...
    I'll tell him when I see him. He seems like a good guy, very knowledgeable. I love the way he'll spend five minutes telling me all about such and such a cigar and then recommend one just as good that's $5 cheaper. He doesn't mind spending time chatting even though I never buy more than a couple of singles. He always has a cigar in his mouth when I see him although I'm not sure it's always lit.
    Supreme Leader Voltron

Thread Information