Thread: Smoked the Band???

Default Smoked the Band???

Here is the story:

Generally I am reading or talking with friends when I smoke. Today I was taking a "break" from work and went outside to read part of a case file. Thoroughly involved in my file I do not realize that I am smoking down the small cigar. When I look I notice I have just started smoking the band!!!

Anyone ever done this before?

p.s. - the smoke had a papery flavor and undertones of printer's ink.
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

Yes, I have done this before by mistake, but not the whole thing, just part of it.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

I usually take the band off before I begin smoking it, becuase I found that when I usually remember is when the cigar is burned almost down to it and then I sucks to try and get it off. So, I just remove before I smoke it.

Quote Originally Posted by jaewing
    Here is the story:

Generally I am reading or talking with friends when I smoke. Today I was taking a "break" from work and went outside to read part of a case file. Thoroughly involved in my file I do not realize that I am smoking down the small cigar. When I look I notice I have just started smoking the band!!!

Anyone ever done this before?

p.s. - the smoke had a papery flavor and undertones of printer's ink.

Raisins: + 12 1/2
    Termites: 5.56

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jonsey5484
    I usually take the band off before I begin smoking it, becuase I found that when I usually remember is when the cigar is burned almost down to it and then I sucks to try and get it off. So, I just remove before I smoke it.
    Funny, I usually wait until the cigar is burned almost down to it... I find the warming of the cigar loosens the glue on the band, making it almost fall off...

Somebody should create a smokeable band with a special flavor and market a cigar like that. You could always take the band off if you don't like it!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperChuck
    Funny, I usually wait until the cigar is burned almost down to it... I find the warming of the cigar loosens the glue on the band, making it almost fall off...
    Agreed! Plus some cigars have oily wrappers.

But when I'm smoking a DCM, I leave the band on, to be flashy

Quote Originally Posted by Kayakinboy
    But when I'm smoking a DCM, I leave the band on, to be flashy
    hehe... I always leave my bands on when smoking to induce cigar-envy.
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonsey5484

I usually have a really hard time getting the band off without damaging the wrapper. So I let it burn down till the heat of the cigar loosens the glue on the band, then it comes off easily.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

I have a friend that mooches cigars off me... never takes the band off- just uses it as a stopping point and on occasion I have seen him smoke one.. but I didnt feel like mentioning it to him.. more amusing to watch.

Most of my bands slide right off without un wraping them, but most of the singles I smoke have been sitting in the cigar shops humidor for about three years or so before I buy them- may have something to do with it.

hasn't happened yet. i usually take the band off right before i smoke them anyways.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
    and I'm not sure about the former." -
    Albert Einstein

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mithril
    hasn't happened yet. i usually take the band off right before i smoke them anyways.
    ditto.

Watch it Jason!
    You may end up in a lawsuit over this.
    There should be a beeper or something when you get to the end of a smoke
    Don't worry about the mule, just load the wagon.

14. Default

I usually am reviewing cases when I smoke. If I am engrossed I might whittle down the Cigar quite a bit and not realize it, but I have never burned the band......... Good story though.
    "I Smoke in Moderation.... Just One Cigar at a Time." Mark Twain

Thread Information