Thread: Anejo Release?

Default Anejo Release?

Been looking around for some Sharks, and everywhere I look they are either way over msrp or out of stock. Also says they are only released around the holidays. About what time of year are they shipped? Thanksgiving? Xmas? New Years? I'd really love to get ahold of some of these, if I can get them for less than $33/singles or $570/box, that is.

Not looking for sources, just dates. I'm perfectly willing to do my own hunting for the best deal.
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by 8-5-8
    Been looking around for some Sharks, and everywhere I look they are either way over msrp or out of stock. Also says they are only released around the holidays. About what time of year are they shipped? Thanksgiving? Xmas? New Years? I'd really love to get ahold of some of these, if I can get them for less than $33/singles or $570/box, that is.

Not looking for sources, just dates. I'm perfectly willing to do my own hunting for the best deal.
    Those that have, won't part with. Sorry charlie. Check around early November, and your highest retailer.

Just what I needed to know... Thanks KB!
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

FATHERS DAY AND AROUND XMAS TIME!.

The sharks are not that goo IMHO.. There are better Anejo's I am partial to the 46's.

Blog Entries

They can be found every now and then. The "release" date doesn't mean too much sometimes you get lucky and retailers will have them. I bought a box of 48s about a month ago at MSRP and split a box of 77s for MSRP a couple of weeks ago. Don't pay ridiculous prices for these, they ARE NOT worth $30+ each.

I think the 77s are one of the best.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Anyone fancy a box split, if so I'm in (pending price, obviously)?
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

The Fuente family does some weird stuff with all of their higher end stuff... Other than being able to order the "Curly Heads" (the lowest end Fuente cigars), retailers do not place an order - they get what they're shipped (Anejo's, Opus', special maduro's and other strange stuff). And there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it, other than they seem to like to hit the "high" times of cigar purchases (Father's day, X-mas, etc.).

A FOG once told me - "Patience, grasshopper"... That seems to work for me...

Oh, and BTW - for all of you guys out there - the biggest Anejo whore I know is AlexGTP... You gotta see that bastid drool when someone's got an Anejo in front of him... He's like a puppy with a Milk Bone!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese

Oh, and BTW - for all of you guys out there - the biggest Anejo whore I know is AlexGTP... You gotta see that bastid drool when someone's got an Anejo in front of him... He's like a puppy with a Milk Bone!!!

someone say Anejo??

9. Default

The Fuente rep was in my buds shop last month. He said he could expect three to four boxes of Anejos as well as Hemi Maddies and Opus around Thanksgiving. After all that he passed out La Unica 500s.

Thanks for all the info guys... much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese
    The Fuente family does some weird stuff with all of their higher end stuff... Other than being able to order the "Curly Heads" (the lowest end Fuente cigars), retailers do not place an order - they get what they're shipped (Anejo's, Opus', special maduro's and other strange stuff). And there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it, other than they seem to like to hit the "high" times of cigar purchases (Father's day, X-mas, etc.).
    You know, a few years back when I was just getting into cigars, the owner of the shop I still frequent the most was telling me that they didn't order 8-5-8's and such, they just arrived every now and then. Struck me as a bit odd, but makes more sense nowadays that I've discovered beauties like the Opus X's and Anejo's. I think the paper insert in the box of 8-5-8 maddies I just got this week sums it up: "We will never rush the hands of time"

Thread Information