Thread: Where Can I Find Spanish Cedar??

Question Where Can I Find Spanish Cedar??

I am in the process of building a humidor and need spanish cedar to line it with. I went to Home Depot, but, they had no idea what they were talking about. They were trying to sell me cedar 2X4's! So i figured someone here has built a humidor before and have been confronted with the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonsey5484
    I am in the process of building a humidor and need spanish cedar to line it with. I went to Home Depot, but, they had no idea what they were talking about. They were trying to sell me cedar 2X4's! So i figured someone here has built a humidor before and have been confronted with the same problem.

Best bet is go to a local wood working shop, some place that sells high-end cabinetry tools and ask around. They probably won't have the wood but can direct you to a local lumberyard that carries exotic woods. Then they can order it for you.

Also you can order it here:
    http://www.bristolvalley.com/catalog...showprevnext=1

3. Default cedar for humidor

Quote Originally Posted by TN_CIGAR_MAN
    Thanks, the humidor I am building is going to be a little beg for what he is selling, but, I emailed him and asked him if he had different sizes that he could get. Thanks.

www.bargainhumidors.com sells spanish cedar for coolidors. But, I guess if you're building your own you'll need a little bit more (although they do cut to spec).

How're the lakes doing, getting some good duck hunting or water skiing in?

Best,
    Mac
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

i found some 1/4" spanish cedar sheets here
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
    and I'm not sure about the former." -
    Albert Einstein

Most real lumber yards can get it, but it is expensive. I dont think having the spanish cedar is no long as important as it used be. Humidifier technology is alot better and no long is there a need for the humidor to store moisture in the wood. All of mine have a urathane coating to keep the wood from absorbing any moisture and to keep the aroma of the wood out of the cigars.

8. Default

[QUOTE=Jonsey5484] Where can I find Spanish Cedar? [QUOTE]

Spain?

I heard back from the guy on ebay. He said that he can cut to spec and it runs $3.50/sq. foot.

Thread Information