Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 350$ in a week and counting!

Like yelling eh?

huh? Are you referring to my use of ! That's excitement! THIS WOULD BE YELLING! Can't help the use of the ! right now, this is an exciting new hobby for me so I get excited quite easily.
    Last edited by OMEGA5; 09-20-2005 at 02:03 AM.

I can hook you up with some morphine if you want to calm down a little...

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilentChamber
    I can hook you up with some morphine if you want to calm down a little...
    Is that an open offer?

Casa Torano

A little more peppery La Perla Black Pearl
    Remember to breathe

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by OMEGA5
    Also, I'm sure as I become more educated, my tastes will change! And that's why the most I have bought of any one kind is 5! Don't worry my cigar dealer also told me not to put the acids in the humidor, so I'm ok on that one!
    Fivers are a great way to go. I usually need to smoke a cigar at least two or three times before I can tell whether I like it or not. A fiver lets you try two or three and have a few spares to offer your friends for a second opinion.

This guy recommends you smoke at least a box, but keep in mind that (1) he's talking about excellent cigars, (2) his business is to sell you those excellent cigars.

Another capital element : we are totally convinced that you will not be able to discover a "Vitola " (for example the Bolivar Belicosos Finos) if you taste only one cigar. You must smoke at least one box. The taste of a cigar varies with many elements: circumstances, mood, wine, cognac, etc. Two cigars (same size and same brand) are similar but not identical. Like "Grands Crus", cigars may vary from year to year. Each one of us is different, cigars too…

My worst newbie mistake was to buy a box of dog rockets because they looked like a great deal and then, because I was ashamed to give them to friends and yet I couldn't bring myself to throw them away, I had to smoke them myself.
    Supreme Leader Voltron
    bending over and reaching for the Crisco

I agree that a pack of five is great, smoke 2 or 3 to see if you like them, if you do the remainder goes in the humi to join the collection and brighten up a future rainy day. If you don't then there are always moochers around somewhere.
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by OMEGA5
    huh? Are you referring to my use of ! That's excitement! THIS WOULD BE YELLING! Can't help the use of the ! right now, this is an exciting new hobby for me so I get excited quite easily.

I'm almost in the SAME boat as you are right now. I just got my humidor setup on Sunday and boy was that a great feeling when it was finally done! Exciting hobby indeed when you're just getting started

9. Default

It becomes less exciting when you tabulate how much money you're (quite literally) burning...

Default La Fontana

Hello --

If you want mild with a sweet finish, but not something you'll get laughed at for smoking, try a La Fontana. They are a good starter cigar for new comers, and a good way to work your way up to bolder smokes.

Nat Shermans are sweet as well, but not as smooth as the La Fontana.

Good luck!!!! You want a REAL cigar, go for the Arturo Fuenta Double Grand Reserve. A great way to kill time. Plus they come with their own spill to light them with.

Scott

As a smoker for 3 years now, I never pass up the oppurtunity to pick up an amazing box of smokes, even if I have enough in my humi. You just cant pass up certain boxes you know one day will be in CA under the "Connoisseur's Corner". Such as:

-Punch Punch (Cuban)
    -Rocky Patel 1990 Vintage Robusto
    -Montecristo #5 (cuban)
    -Arturo Fuente 858

The list goes on......just dont buy in one shot !!! You'll be on the streets with nothing but you humi !

Quote Originally Posted by centurycigar
    As a smoker for 3 years now, I never pass up the oppurtunity to pick up an amazing box of smokes, even if I have enough in my humi. You just cant pass up certain boxes you know one day will be in CA under the "Connoisseur's Corner". Such as:

-Punch Punch (Cuban)
    -Rocky Patel 1990 Vintage Robusto
    -Montecristo #5 (cuban)
    -Arturo Fuente 858

The list goes on......just dont buy in one shot !!! You'll be on the streets with nothing but you humi !
    Can't say that I am with you on the Monte # 5 (or the # 3 or the # 4). Very plain smokes in my opinion. Pity cause the # 2 is excellent.
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

I bought a box in Cuba a year ago and there pretty good, milder for a cuban I must admit.

Quote Originally Posted by stjohnroe
    Can't say that I am with you on the Monte # 5 (or the # 3 or the # 4). Very plain smokes in my opinion. Pity cause the # 2 is excellent.
    i wasn't all that impressed with the 4 and 5 i had either. i really enjoyed the petite tubo i had. still need to try a #2

15. Default

I might catch some hell for this but one of the smokes that got me started was the Romeo y Julieta torpedo.....It seemed like I couldn't get enough of them, but I haven't had one for three years now.

You can't go wrong with a Fuente 858 though.....still a favorite of mine to this day. You could also try a Partagas Series S, or any of the mild Punchs (dons flamesuit) because they're usually consistent and not too pricey.
    Last edited by 55Kingpin; 10-04-2005 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Quoted the wrong guy
    The heat around the corner....

Quote Originally Posted by Drake
    i wasn't all that impressed with the 4 and 5 i had either. i really enjoyed the petite tubo i had. still need to try a #2
    I agree, I have had a few different types of the Montecristo and I did not care for them either. It was too bad too, because I was really looking forward to them, but, they just didn't do it for me.

A five minute walk from Cigars International.

I second Kingpin's opinion, Romeo y Julietas are great smokes, (Although I have not had the torpedos, I prefer robustos.) I am particularly a fan of the maduros, although there seem to be mixed opinions on those.

Anyone had the pleasure of smoking a Padrón 1964 Anniversary Series Torpedo???
    I can't find this smoke anywhere. Is it a limited edition???
    "Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar."
    -- Mark Twain

Thread Information