Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 350$ in a week and counting!

Default 350$ in a week and counting!

Well, I have only been into this for a little over a week and I have been spending like crazy! Just got home from the Cigar shop(4th trip in a week!) and returned with a Xicar cutter (Xi-104 in gold), 5 Natural Juicy Lucys, 2 Linos, and 1 Drew Estate Java. time for a nice smoke now!

bigpoppapuff Guest

just an opinion...and welcome,btw...but let us know when you buy a good smoke...you're not gonna find many acid/drew fans here...(though the la vieja habanas aren't too bad for the money)....

Yeah I was holding my tongue here not wanting to say anything but... ditch the ACID's. I've never even let a Drew Estate stick touch my lips, much less take up residence in my humidor.
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

toledo,ohio 1440 royalton toledo oh 43612

Quote Originally Posted by 8-5-8
    Yeah I was holding my tongue here not wanting to say anything but... ditch the ACID's. I've never even let a Drew Estate stick touch my lips, much less take up residence in my humidor.
    Well if you've never tried one how can you judge?Even though i thought they sucked too
    I drink a great deal.I sleep a little,and i smoke cigar after cigar.That is why i am in two-hundred percent form
    -Winston Churchill

Did you mean Don Linos or Zino's?
    I really enjoy the Zino Connoisseurs as a relatively inexpensive smoke (Just has "Zino" on the band, but the Z looks like an L). They stopped making these, so I bought a couple boxes.
    Last edited by Mazeman; 09-18-2005 at 06:59 PM.

bigpoppapuff Guest

if it is a don lino africa...and some acids....don't put them in your humidor together...in fact, don't put any acids in your humidor...ever!!!...

Quote Originally Posted by superman78
    Well if you've never tried one how can you judge?Even though i thought they sucked too
    I've smelled one, and trust me... that was quite enough. They stink like the art students that live all around me.
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by superman78
    I smoked two of the three parts of a Medusa. I think the third part had dried out by the time I got to it and it really blew chunks. Hats off to Drew Estates for excellent marketing and for finding a way to sell inferior tobacco. Flavored cigars are like flavored coffee. I prefer the taste of good coffee over the taste of poor coffee and flavored syrup.

And while I'm making an innocent newcomer feel welcome, I'll just add that on another BBS recently I saw someone bragging about acquiring nearly a thousand cigars in a single month. He said he had spent over two grand! That poor guy. I really feel sorry for him.

So anyway, hello OMEGA5. I hope we can point find a newbie sampler to point you at sometime soon.
    Supreme Leader Voltron
    bending over and reaching for the Crisco

"In matters of taste, there is no dispute"

That said, I never bought a Britney Spears CD, but I know they s*ck.
    "There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar. " -Prince Sined Yar Maharg

well, I've been buying based on what the cigar shop owner has recommended, and so far he has my tastes in order. Anything you guys can suggest would be helpful, something relatively mild, I'm working up to the bolder tastes...

edit: also just checked and what I got were Zino Classic Sumatras(the Z on the wrapper looks like an L to me) I found this cigar to be quite nice....
    Last edited by OMEGA5; 09-20-2005 at 01:15 AM.

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mazeman
    I never bought a Britney Spears CD, but I know they s*ck.

man newbie thats one of the most absolute truths ever spoken :)
    The older I get ,the better I was

bigpoppapuff Guest

i'd suggest starting with baccarat,alec bradley,special blends,occidental,helix.....
    .....forget macanudo...they're overpriced and you can get the same flavor by smoking an envelope....

then later,i'll suggest some others....

Quote Originally Posted by OMEGA5
    well, I've been buying based on what the cigar shop owner has recommended, and so far he has my tastes in order. Anything you guys can suggest would be helpful, something relatively mild, I'm working up to the bolder tastes...
    Nothing wrong with that, as I think Acid's and other flavored cigars are designed to catch the interest of the non-smoker, and turn them onto cigars. That being said, there are much better choices in the price range, and the flavor of a nicely blended and aged cigar wins out over a flavored stick any day.

And please don't put these into your humi, as they will taint any other smokes you put in there with their flavor. When the day comes and you see the light, you'll be kicking yourself in the ass because your good cigars will always have that aroma about them.

try an arturo fuente 8-5-8. i enjoy those alot.

as for the drew estate cigars, i haven't tried an acid but i have tried their Kahlua cigar and it wasn't good at all. nothing nasty about it, but it didn't have any flavor (kahlua or tabacco) and it had a sugar tip to it which distracted from the taste.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
    and I'm not sure about the former." -
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by mithril
    try an arturo fuente 8-5-8. i enjoy those alot.
    Doh! Forgot to mention the one that got me started...

i was a bit surprised you didn't mention it. i even went back to check your posts before i posted.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
    and I'm not sure about the former." -
    Albert Einstein

17. Default

Smoke what you like ... like what you smoke. Your taste is your taste.

That said ... you might wanna branch out a bit

And it's XiKAR not XiCar.

The flavored smokes aren't my thing, but whatever floats your boat. Enjoy!

18. Default

It sounds strange to hear a cigar guy say it, but you may want to slow down a bit...

(that still feels weird)

Since you're just starting out, your tastes are going to develop and you're going to find certain things you like and dislike and your tastes are going to evolve. You'll most likely find yourself with a humidor full of stuff you don't really want to smoke taking up space...

Tried an Arturo Fuente short story today, also bought some other Fuentes. And yes, I realize it's Xikar, but I have quick fingers and don't proof-read Sorry for any other misspellings I have had! Some of the names are complicated and have confusing spellings! but eventually I'll figure it out!

There, I edited this one! The worst part is I'm a great speller, usually!

Also, I'm sure as I become more educated, my tastes will change! And that's why the most I have bought of any one kind is 5! Don't worry my cigar dealer also told me not to put the acids in the humidor, so I'm ok on that one!

Thread Information