Thread: Here We Go Again . . . this week: Rita

TheyCallMeManiX Guest

Default Here We Go Again . . . this week: Rita

Supposed to hit us as a cat 1 maybe develop into a 2 while over the keys. i heard it wasnt gonna be as bad as katrina but that we(as a community) will assess just how she develops over night in the morning.

should be right on us on tuesday morning. hopefully we get sent home tomorrow(early) from work :D :D

let it be known, anything happens to me . . send all my cigars to the guys in iraq. lol

Good luck Manix, hopefully the damage won't be anything close to Katrina. Florida has risen again and again though, hurricane after hurricane, so no doubt all you ole' fogies down there will do it again. Stay safe and keep your smokes and family dry.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

TheyCallMeManiX Guest

i will be in the closet with the humidor and a dryer vent hose extension hehe:):):)

Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeManiX
    i will be in the closet with the humidor and a dryer vent hose extension hehe:):):)
    Rush out and get a few dry packs. That way if you fill them with air pillows and water pillows for proper humidification, you can lash them together and float until safe.
    Good Luck
    Dan
    Remember to breathe

TheyCallMeManiX Guest

lol thanks . . . i live on the second floor so i should be good. . .isnt it sad that instead of hurricane supplies,i'm gonna go stock up on cigars thanks to my water heater?!? hehe no, its not actually . . . lol

ok OK ill get some water and canned shtuff

TheyCallMeManiX Guest

we were just put under a hurricane warning as the projected path has shifted north heading right towards dade county it seems

*sigh* . . . oh boy

Good luck, hope you don't have any trouble after or during it hits your area.

I saw a projected path putting it right off the Texas coast by Friday evening. Great. When the fuck is hurricane season going to end this year anyway?
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

8. Default

My wife just called to tell me they might evacuate Galveston Island as early as Friday.

H-e-e-e-e-r-e we go!
    Last edited by Corona Gigante; 09-19-2005 at 03:04 PM.
    Supreme Leader Voltron
    bending over and reaching for the Crisco

TheyCallMeManiX Guest

yeah sorry about throwin that your way there corona . . . cat 4. . . please leave . . . just go dude .. . please

TheyCallMeManiX Guest

almost forgot . . . we all faired excellently relative to katrina. no major damage, minimal power outages(unfortunately none of which were at work) storm shifted south and went south of key west so all we got were tropical storm winds and some hurricane force gusts but no damage except to trees

Yea I wish that I could find out how my stuff/house is doing in New Orleans. Glad to hear that you didn’t receive much damage. I hope Galveston doesn't get too messed up.
    N.O.L.A.

12. Default

yeah sorry about throwin that your way there corona . . . cat 4. . . please leave . . . just go dude .. . please
    My wife heard it might be category 5 before it makes landfall early Saturday (which is also my b'day!)

The evacuation order for Galveston changes from voluntary to madatory this evening.

We're waiting til tomorrow or early Friday to decide whether to spend the weekend with friends in Austin. Meanwhile, this afternoon and tomorrow morning, we're attending talks by the Dalai Lama. Quite the busy couple of days.

P.S. Isn't it neat the way the map I posted above is updating itself?
    Supreme Leader Voltron

Quote Originally Posted by Corona Gigante
    My wife heard it might be category 5 before it makes landfall early Saturday (which is also my b'day!)

The evacuation order for Galveston changes from voluntary to madatory this evening.

We're waiting til tomorrow or early Friday to decide whether to spend the weekend with friends in Austin. Meanwhile, this afternoon and tomorrow morning, we're attending talks by the Dalai Lama. Quite the busy couple of days.

P.S. Isn't it neat the way the map I posted above is updating itself?
    Good luck, CG...hope you and yours come through okay...you're one of the good ones...

Well I live in Fort Bend county so too far inland to have to worry about storm surge. But will probably deal with 10+" of rain and winds up to 150 mph. Still, I'm going to bunker down and live through it. I still have hope it will lose strength on it's journey over the Gulf. Even if it doesn't, I don't see the point in running.

toledo,ohio 1440 royalton toledo oh 43612

almost forgot . . . we all faired excellently relative to katrina. no major damage, minimal power outages(unfortunately none of which were at work) storm shifted south and went south of key west so all we got were tropical storm winds and some hurricane force gusts but no damage except to trees
    Might be time to find a new job when you start hoping for disasters to avoid going
    I drink a great deal.I sleep a little,and i smoke cigar after cigar.That is why i am in two-hundred percent form
    -Winston Churchill

TheyCallMeManiX Guest

Quote Originally Posted by superman78
    Might be time to find a new job when you start hoping for disasters to avoid going
    TRUST ME, i am burnt out . . . i hate this job more than a fat kid hates aspartame!

im just stuck like chuck right now cause i dont have a degree (still working on it after dropping out and coming back after a few years) so im doomed to 11 dollar an hour P.O.S. jobs.

HAH that bastard is trending east, it is probably going to hit Beaumont by now, and leave us in tropical storm zone instead of the hurricane zone. So instead of 150 mph winds, we're facing max 75-90 mph winds! Yah baby, keep trending east mfer!!!!

18. Default

The storm is down from a cat 5 to a cat 3 and seems to be turning North towards the TX/LA border so it looks like we're going to get off pretty lightly compared to what a lot of people were expecting.

The wind outside is gusting but there's no rain yet. Landfall will be somewhere between midnight and 3am. I hope everyone's keeping their heads down.
    Supreme Leader Voltron

19. Default

We got off really lightly. Some strong winds last night, not much rain, and no real damage. Most businesses were closed today but the hamburger joint on the corner was open for business and they had lines out of the door.

Our power went out briefly, it might go out again; that would be a pain. The weather right now is hot and humid and I don't want to think about life without a/c or refrigeration... otherwise, no issues here. Like I said, we got off lightly! I wonder how folks around Port Arthur and Japer are doing.
    Supreme Leader Voltron

Thread Information