Thread: Decent cigar shop in Bethesda, MD area?

Copenhagen, Denmark (originally from Bonnie Scotland)

Default Decent cigar shop in Bethesda, MD area?

Anyone suggest a place around here? Got a buddy nearby on business who could bring me a couple a boxes back to Denmark.

Also, as a Euro I have some knowledge of the ISOMs, but my knowledge outside there is pretty lacking. What should I ask him to bring me? I've been looking for Rocky Patel Sun Grown and Vintage 1990, as well as Gurkha Expedition. Anyone recommend something that's along these lines??

Any suggestions, much appreciated.

I've been enjoying the Punch Rare Corojoh recently.
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

3. Default

I just did a quick 'authorized retailer' on the cigarfamily / artuo fuente website (I figure if they're authorized to sell the rare 'opus x' cigar...they may possibly have some other good stuff as well):

Signature Cigars
    4919 Cordell Ave
    Bethesda, MD 20814
    (301) 652-5660
    E-mail: hgs1001@aol.com

Cheers, I'll suggest this one. Also found one called J.B. Sims - looks very nice.

Default Hmmmmmm

Well, my buddy returned from his travels in Bethesda and only had time to visit 1 shop between meetings.

He chose the closest to him, which turned out to be JB Sims. I had requested some RP Reos, the much talked about Carlos Torano Exodus and any Opus X he could get his hands on, but, unfortunately, the shop had none of these.

Anyway, my buddy knows even less than me about cigars (and I still have my L plates securely attached) so he asked the bloke at the store for some advice. The shop guy was apparently extremely helpful and friendly, and even invited my friend to join a few of his buddies at the shop for a cigar. Very nice, then he suggested what he called 10 premium cigars, and 10 low end cigars so that he wouldn't leave empty handed.

The result is 5 Ashton Churchills, 5 Ashton Puro Sol Churchills and 10 La Flor Dominica 2000 Series (No 1s I think).

The total cost was $141. Does this sound like a reasonable deal? Any comments on his choices?

Cheers,
    Scott.

Thread Information