Thread: New cat on the block

Cool New cat on the block

So I guess I'm the new "kid on the block". Simple question to start, do any of you order your stogies online? Why?

Blog Entries

I buy most of my cigars online. I find I can usually get a better deal and a better selection then my local shops that way. I own and opperate an online cigar shop so I am a bit biased.

Hey and Welcome!! I buy both online and at my local shop. Shoping online you can usualy get a killer deal if you do your research.
    Life is to short to b!tch...Get over it and move on.

Thumbs up

I normally buy one or two at one of the local shops and then order from JR's. No tax and shipping is less than 2 days. I find that JR's alternatives to name brands are well worth my money. Not being a wealthy man I have to make do, still I spend about 100 a month. Looking forward to exchanging with y'all.
    Rick

We've got a great B&M across the river in Kentucky that beats a good portion of the online sites so I do most of my shopping there. Occasionally I pick up something from CigarBid or JRCigars if the price is right.

I buy about 33% of my boxes from the local shops, spreading it between two. However, I buy a lot of my every day smokes online. I think it is important to support the local shops, as they provided the service and support I needed as a newbie. Plus, they bring a certain level of visibility to a hobby I love.

Blog Entries

We only have one true cigar shop in town. The guy who owns the place is great. He set up some couches were you can sit and hang out. I used to stop by after work once a week or so and smoke one with him. He hired a guy who used to work the places in the mall(s) which have closed and I just honestly dislike his attitude.

Most of the ABC/Jacks liquors have built really nice humidors and I generally consider them to be on my list of "shops" as well. The problem with these places is the price and selection. I just can’t get a good deal most of the time so I just look online.

I buy mine online from Cigar International. I am a member of the Cigar a Month Club, which delivers to my door a box of about 10-12 heaters, with mixed variety, great quality. Runs me about 24.99.

Additionally, I absolutely support the local cigar shop in town. I go and sit, light em' up, fill out my Cigar Dossier and talk brands....

Round here handrolled stogie shops are far apart. There are only 4 within 30 miles of me and none offer places to amoke on site. The humidors are small (8 x 10 or so). Choices are limited by what the owner likes. I like Baccrat well but only one shop in town carries them. Thinking about it I sure would enjoy having a place to go and enjoy fine smokes with outhers who indulge. I made the trip to one of JR's shops in NC and it was super. A very large selection and a leather chair smoking area, ole lady had to drag me outta there after an hour or so. Well worth the trip even an hour and a half east of Ashville.
    Rick

volshooter, that Statesville store is pretty sweet. It is a shame you have to walk through a flea market to get to the cigar area.

Thread Information