Thread: pocket humidor

Default pocket humidor

Well I figured I'd be needing a pocket humidor, so I ordered this one,
    http://www.littlehavanacigars.com/letube3.asp

Doesn't hold just one standard size and has a built in humidfication device, anybody ever use this one before?

bigpoppapuff Guest

Quote Originally Posted by QuietC

Doesn't hold just one standard size and has a built in humidfication device, anybody ever use this one before?

i sell 'em...to me,they're a waste of money...

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff
    i sell 'em...to me,they're a waste of money...
    Why?

bigpoppapuff Guest

a pocket case...yes...it'll protect your cigar(s)...but with a humidification device???...do you really think you need to humidify a cigar that you've taken out of a humidor??....c'mon....

5. Default

I picked up some cigar tubes at my local shop and they do me good. They're rigid plastic tubes with a good seal. I mostly use them to avoid damaging the cigars, but they've also been known to take short trips with me.

I have a Czonka which I find usefull for weekends away.
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by QuietC

Thanks for sharing QuietC, looks like a good deal, and I really like the fact there's free shipping too! There have been occassions where I wanted something small and sturdy (to avoid damage) to keep my smokes in....trips, visiting friends, etc. Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff
    a pocket case...yes...it'll protect your cigar(s)...but with a humidification device???...do you really think you need to humidify a cigar that you've taken out of a humidor??....c'mon....
    sure I may not need or even end up using the humidification device. But considering it's cheaper than alot of others I've seen and the others I've seen, most only fit certain sizes such as robustos or churchills. I think it'll come in handy for what I'm going to use it for though.

I have a double brushed aluminum just so I don't smash them in transit.
    Remember to breathe

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Porthos
    I have a double brushed aluminum just so I don't smash them in transit.
    Those look cool. I think I saw one that was stainless steel and the site had a monogram option for like $5 engraving.

I have two 5 count otter boxes and they are pretty good if you have a bag you are taking with you, but a case like the other ones in this thread would be nice to put in your sports jacket pocket for a night on the town or something. Just seems classier having a molded case that holds just a couple sticks.

I have a brown leather cedar lined craftsmen’s bench one that I use to take cigars with me to the race track or to play cards defiantly a good purchase. It has saved many a cigar from a premature death in my jacket pocket.
    N.O.L.A.

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by joshua
    I have two 5 count otter boxes and they are pretty good if you have a bag you are taking with you
    Hmm... One of dem might be good for the car...

I'd like to get a small one, like a tubo but studier that I could just put in the jean pocket.

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by caudio51
    I'd like to get a small one, like a tubo but studier that I could just put in the jean pocket.
    I got a freebie from Thompsons that might fit the bill. It's two Churchill-sized aluminum tubes and an imitation leather pouch they fit into. The pouch has a belt loop. You can see a picture here.

It looks pretty useful but I already have a leather three finger case and a five count otterbox so I'd be willing to trade.
    Supreme Leader Voltron
    bending over and reaching for the Crisco

http://www.uptownenterprises.com/cgi...ZN=&CODE=PHOLD This says 8 inch but no idea what ring gauge it would fit. Thats the kind of thing I am thinking of (Similar to the one that comes with the thompson bundle)

If you check around froogle.com there are single, double and tripple tubes like that as well as ones with single/double plus a flask (if you are into that kinda thing)

250 West !08th Street, NY, NY 10025 (if your so inclined to send me something)

I bought one of the Havana Pocket Humidors. I never leave home without it. It's a 3 finger with cedar separators, a humidification device, guage for RH (who know if it's accurate) and a single blade cutter that works great. It's also telescopes for large and small cigars.

Heres a link for what it looks like.

HERE

Well it came in the mail today. Looks sturdy enough, should work well. But as BPP said, the humidification device don't really seem like it'll do much. But it don't seem the cigars will lose much humidity if kept in the Pocket Humidor since it's pretty tight.

Thread Information