Thread: Candela Wrappers

1. Default Candela Wrappers

I have never smoked a candela cigar. Are they strong or mild? Just curious. When I was a kid I remember seeing Grenadiers but never smoked them. I was thinking about trying a Arturo Fuente Candela . Anyone ever smoke one of these?

SFG75 Guest

Candelas are the mildest of the mild. They are flue cured in barns and the tobacco experiences a case of "arrested development" as a result. I have a few on hand just for the sake of it. I've only smoked a few, but absolutely hated them. I've had the Iguana and Don Tomas candelas. Of the two, the Tomas was the better one. I can't speak as an authoritative source regarding the Fuente version, though it would be interesting to hear a review on them. My advice?, buy an EMS or natural instead!.

i think they're grose

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SFG75
    Candelas are the mildest of the mild. They are flue cured in barns and the tobacco experiences a case of "arrested development" as a result. I have a few on hand just for the sake of it. I've only smoked a few, but absolutely hated them. I've had the Iguana and Don Tomas candelas. Of the two, the Tomas was the better one. I can't speak as an authoritative source regarding the Fuente version, though it would be interesting to hear a review on them. My advice?, buy an EMS or natural instead!.
    Once again you show your ignorance. They are not the "mildest of the mild" for the most part, many ofthem are "mild" but the strength is more a function of the tobacco used in the binder and the filler.

LGC candelas are medium bodied and there are hundreds of cigars out there that are much milder than those. Your limited experience with these cigars is just that, limited and you'd do us all a favor by not trying to pass of your ignorance and limited knowledge as fact.

SFG75 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Drake
    i think they're grose

That they are!. The funny thing? I remember reading in a catalog(I think CI's) that they stumbled upon some candela wrappers that were "lost" in the back of storage for a number of years. I'm not certain why they would mention that since after they are flue cured, you can let them sit for an eternity and they won't "age" and gather full-bodied characteristics no matter what you do. It's rather deceptive of them to state as such, but hey!, every industry has their car salesman like stretching of the truth.

Thread Information