Thread: Cohiba Extra Vigoroso - Newbe Question

1. Default Cohiba Extra Vigoroso - Questions

I've been lurking here for a few months and finally decided to join up…great board with a lot of good information and advice. I’ve been smoking cigars for almost a year now…I’m usually a weekend smoker, 1 or 2 a week. I’ve tried many brands to see where my tastes lie…they include:

Montesino
    Sancho Ponza
    Montecristo
    H. Upmann
    Baccarat Havana The Game Nº1
    Macanudo Cafe Hyde Park
    Romeo y Julieta 1875 Bully
    Padron #2000
    CAO Black
    5 Vegas Series ‘A’ Artisan
    Leon Jimenes
    Rocky patel Vintage 1992
    Gurkha Master Select
    Cohiba Extra Vigoroso

By far, the Cohiba Extra Vigoroso Toro has been the best. The RyJ and 5 Vegas are a distant second and 3rd. Some, like the Leon Jimenes, were horrible…really bad taste.

I just a couple of questions: Been having a hard time finding a box of Cohiba XV, most dealers are out of stock and the ones that have them in stock are overpriced. Any suggestions? Also wanted to know what other cigars have a similar taste/strength to the Cohiba XV.

Thanks
    Last edited by montemon; 09-25-2005 at 11:00 AM.

Ok, first off, welcome to the board. Now that that's out of the way I have something to say. Recently we have had an influx of dumbasses come through these parts and to avoid you going down the same road as them I would like to point out a few things:

1. Respect ALL the members here all the time!

2. If you do something wrong or just plain stupid, expect to be called on it and take your criticisms like a man.

3. USE the search tool!!! Odds are the question you have has been answered if not many times at least once.

4. Relax and be thick-skinned. Remember that the population here is 99.9% male and guys as you know can be brash without ill-intentions. So take everything with a grain of salt before you throw yourself into a flame war with an established member.

5. If there's something controversial going on and you don't know the WHOLE story, stay out of it!

6. Participate often and contribute to the board.

Now that I've gotten that off my chest, here's my answer to your question. Search online for good vendors who carry the XVs. Other cigars I would suggest to you are:

RP Vintage 1990
    Padron Anniversary
    Gran Habano Corojo
    Torano Exodus (Silver or Gold)
    Joyo De Nicaragua Antano

Hope you find some of these to your liking.

Raisins: + 12 1/2
    Termites: 5.56

Quote Originally Posted by grand cru no 2
    Ok, first off, welcome to the board. Now that that's out of the way I have something to say. Recently we have had an influx of dumbasses come through these parts and to avoid you going down the same road as them I would like to point out a few things:

1. Respect ALL the members here all the time!

2. If you do something wrong or just plain stupid, expect to be called on it and take your criticisms like a man.

3. USE the search tool!!! Odds are the question you have has been answered if not many times at least once.

4. Relax and be thick-skinned. Remember that the population here is 99.9% male and guys as you know can be brash without ill-intentions. So take everything with a grain of salt before you throw yourself into a flame war with an established member.

5. If there's something controversial going on and you don't know the WHOLE story, stay out of it!

6. Participate often and contribute to the board.
    Hex - can we please pin this post as a newbie welcome post??? This hits the nail RIGHT on the head!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese
    Hex - can we please pin this post as a newbie welcome post??? This hits the nail RIGHT on the head!!!
    Good idea
    Don't worry about the mule, just load the wagon.

Blog Entries

GCN2, you da man!!

Thread Information