Thread: Padron 1926 #9 maduro

Blog Entries

Default Padron 1926 #9 maduro

I usually like to have a box of these in one of the coolerdors and I smoked one earlier today.

Construction and apperance:
    This is beautiful looking cigar with a nice dark, oily maduro wrapper. It's a very nice looking cigar as well.
    Pre-light draw:
    A nice, firm Havana-like draw which is the way I like my cigars.
    Burn and draw:
    The cigar burned nearly perfectly, no stems, no uneven burns, a very high quality cigar. The draw was consistent throughout. Not too much smoke but the aroma of these cigars is wonderful.
    Taste:
    The taste of the Padron 1926 line is one of my favorite. The 1964s are a very good cigar as well but I'll take a 1926 over a 1964 any day of the week. I find the 1926s slightly smoother than the 64s with slightly more "body."

Overall this is a fantastic cigar. The #9 is considered a "robusto" size measuring 5 1/4 x 56 so it's a big FAT robusto. When I have a little more time, I'll grab a #1 which is 6 1/2 x 52 or if I don't have as much time, I reach for a #6 which measures 4 3/4 x 50. The MSRP of the #9's is usually around $18.00/stick (my box of 24 was $439.00). A "snobby" cigar but well worth the money for a nice treat.

On the cA scale, I give this cigar a:

TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Great review there!! I also prefer 1926 to 1964 but can only afford the former occasionally, and the latter once in a while.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Great review! I just found a box for the MSRP that you quoted and will be buying it as a result of this review! Thanks CC!

Other then the 40th Anniversary 1926's these are the most expensive Padron offers, right?
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Quote Originally Posted by Roham
    Great review! I just found a box for the MSRP that you quoted and will be buying it as a result of this review! Thanks CC!

Other then the 40th Anniversary 1926's these are the most expensive Padron offers, right?
    Did you find it somewhere in Canada???
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

No, a texas retailer
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Quote Originally Posted by Roham
    The 1926 No. 1 is slightly more expensive at MSRP of $20. Great review. 64's & 26's are one of my favorite smokes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cigargirl
    The 1926 No. 1 is slightly more expensive at MSRP of $20. Great review. 64's & 26's are one of my favorite smokes.
    Exactly. The #1s are the largest vitola and are the most expensive with the exception of the 40th Anniversary. Then the #9s, followed by the #2s with the #6s being the least expensive ($12.00 MSRP).
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Nice review CC. I have a similar reaction to the 64 and 26 as you noted, but prefer the 64 because of the "fuller body". Hell, they are both great cigars.

The 64 is also cheaper for me, I just picked up a box of 1964 torp maduros for $229 delivered.
    In spite of all evidence to the contrary, the entire universe is composed of only two basic substances: Magic and bullshit.

Thread Information