Thread: Cigar Poker

Default Cigar Poker

Hello everyone looking to get some info on those cigar pokers out there that help improve the draw of your cigar. First of all how do you use them and how well do they actually work? also any ideas in making you own poker that would work just as well as the ones you buy? My concern is pushing the needle through the cigar and punching through the wrapper before you reach the foot of the cigar. All your input is appreciated thanks!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tfire136
    Hello everyone looking to get some info on those cigar pokers out there that help improve the draw of your cigar. First of all how do you use them and how well do they actually work? also any ideas in making you own poker that would work just as well as the ones you buy? My concern is pushing the needle through the cigar and punching through the wrapper before you reach the foot of the cigar. All your input is appreciated thanks!
    I use an ice pick through the clipped end of the cigar if the draw is too tight or becomes too tight. If you're careful, you won't ruin the cigar. I've only had to "poke" very few cigars in my day.

I did have a box of SC El Morros that were plugged so badly that I used a 3 1/2" drywall screw I had to "screw" into the cigar and pull out A LOT of leaf and the damn things still drew awfully hard. These were the only Havanas I ever smoked where they were beyond poking.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by tfire136
    I have a draw poker...the few times I've had to use it, it worked great...opens the cigar right up...it's a trough that you lay the cigar in, and the poker is basically a BBQ skewer that feeds through guide holes, and there's another piece that helps you hold the cigar steady...multiple guide holes so you can choose the right one for the size of cigar, however, if you have a steady hand you could probably just use a thin BBQ skewer...

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    I use an ice pick through the clipped end of the cigar if the draw is too tight or becomes too tight. If you're careful, you won't ruin the cigar. I've only had to "poke" very few cigars in my day.
    Now why is it not hard to conjure up a vision of CC with an ice pick in his hand?

Really...just kidding...honest...

Btw, CC, thanks to you and Joshua for the advice on the humidifier bead rectangles...probably gonna go that way...getting to be lottsa cigars in my humi's that I have to care for...

Buy a cheap pipe tool, a three-in-one. One of the three is long metal poker. I've used it on cigars, sometimes it works, sometimes not.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuromancer
    Now why is it not hard to conjure up a vision of CC with an ice pick in his hand?

Really...just kidding...honest...

Btw, CC, thanks to you and Joshua for the advice on the humidifier bead rectangles...probably gonna go that way...getting to be lottsa cigars in my humi's that I have to care for...

Thread Information