Thread: Rare Cigars?

Default Rare Cigars?

Hello and thanks for all of the responses to my last post! I have a new question. I have been purchasing and simply setting away some higher end cigars. I purchased a couple rare corojos by punch, but im woundering what are some "collector" cigars that I can buy and put away. The only problem with many of these cigars is that I dont want a box, just simply a couple to put in the humidor and age. by the way i picked up one of those joyo de nicaragua 1970's and it was the closest thing to getting high legally I think is out there lol. Mouth went numb was all light headed but loving life I went ahead and bought a box thanks again for the suggestions!

2. Default

You may want to check the "top 3" topic

Here are some I can think of:
    Opus X
    Ashton VSG
    Fuente Anejo

Ill look for those also mine as well tie another question into this thread. I have no room to store all of my acid cigars (yes I like to mix things up even though they are that dreaded brand lol) and I know you need to store them by themselves. I am going to go buy another cooler to put them in but do I have to line it in cedar or can i simply fill it up with the boxes and add humidification beads?

Cedar not required.

Usually after I put down an Acid cigar I flush.
    Remember to breathe

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Porthos
    Usually after I put down an Acid cigar I flush.
    Maby your smoking them wrong.

Default Fuente Anejos.........

Oh this is just too funny..........Funete Anejos........

CBid.........$150+ for five #77 Sharks.........stupidity.......yeah....I would have paid $100 or so but not $150.

I'm sorry....but I'm amazed, pissed, bewitched, bothered and bewildered (as I begin singing) that it could be so difficult to get a Dominican cigar that carries from what I understand an MSRP of $10 a cigar.

$150......I can't......for less money I could go and buy a box of Fuente Cuban Belicosos. Twenty-four of em' for $134.00 or a handfull of DC Maximus.

I realize that the Anejo line is "rare" (only because AF makes it so) and that they supposedly taste incredible and that everyone and his brother wants them. But $150 for five? It's a sickness.

This is why I bid with caution on CBid. I know what the MSRP is for the cigars I like, so if I see they are heading towards MSRP, I stop bidding and just buy them from my B&M. If it's something new I want to try, I check them out on several Internet cigar retailers before I bid to make sure I'm not screwing myself.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Default Right Cigar No Baka.......

I do the same. I usually compare CBid to Cigar International since they are the same company.

But the Fuente Anejo line is so "rare" that people will pay ridiculous prices for them even though the MSRP may be very low.

Very frustrating. All I want to do is begin to get together some special smokes for the holidays. I'll still be able to. I'll pick up some DC Max's, some nice Gurkhas, maybe some Graycliffs , some Fuente Hemingways and others.

One person in particular (you know who you are you devil!) has already helped my holiday stash out immensely. I could just hug him!

10. Default

well im just looking for 1 maybe 2 of these really nice cigars to simply stick in the humidor until the holidays come around. I see alot of you guys own cigar stores do you have a website anywhere I can buy 1 or maybe 2 of these specialties? I really dont know where to go purchase since I dont want to buy a whole box. I would be willing to trade something if needed.
    Last edited by tfire136; 09-27-2005 at 05:44 PM.

I recommend you judge a good cigar by it's smoke, and not it's price tag. There are plenty of great smokes out there for $5 and less. Also, don't save an "unknown" for that special occasion. On a special occasion, you want a tried and true favorite, and maybe one for a freind too. I hate to think of getting a really expensive stick, saving it for a special occasion, then being disappointed.

12. Default

i know but its more of a collectors item to me. just like collecting baseball cards or something.

Default Point well taken Kenyth....

and no one has raved on about the price of cigars as I have. IMO the best cigar for the money is a Fuente Double Chateau Sungrown that sells for five to six bucks a cigar.

But there are special times when you want a special cigar. In my circle there are a few cigar smokers and they all know what brands are top shelf and what to expect from them.

My best buddy and I are Gurkha fans so I want to show up in Tampa this Christmas with some very special Gurkhas to get a good grin on his face. I have been in several Tampa area shops and oddly, none of them handle Gurkha! We're also Fuente fans. Neither of us has ever had an Anejo Shark (and at the rate they're going I doubt we ever will) but I can still get a few Opus and some DC Max's to fill that void.

My quest continues......... off to CBid!

Quote Originally Posted by MMAB

Oh this is just too funny..........Funete Anejos........

CBid.........$150+ for five #77 Sharks.........stupidity.......yeah....I would have paid $100 or so but not $150.

I'm sorry....but I'm amazed, pissed, bewitched, bothered and bewildered (as I begin singing) that it could be so difficult to get a Dominican cigar that carries from what I understand an MSRP of $10 a cigar.

$150......I can't......for less money I could go and buy a box of Fuente Cuban Belicosos. Twenty-four of em' for $134.00 or a handfull of DC Maximus.

I realize that the Anejo line is "rare" (only because AF makes it so) and that they supposedly taste incredible and that everyone and his brother wants them. But $150 for five? It's a sickness.

I have 4 #77 for sale for $100.oo

Default Appreciate the thought and offer, but....

no thanks.

Nothing personal of course.

Quote Originally Posted by MMAB
    no thanks.

Nothing personal of course.

Thread Information