Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Duplicate Accounts

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    Where are you getting your quote "We'll sort this out quietly in pm" from? I never said that. If you have an issue with what HEX'S rules, conditions and policies are, then I would suggest that you take them up with him.
    It is taken from the quote you posted of his. In it he states that the situation can be sorted out in PM so that we can avoid all of the drama. While that was all fine and good when the rule was originally posted it has now been a rule for long enough that anybody with multiple accounts should have already sorted this out. If not they need to hop on it quickly. People who may have created multiple accounts or continued to use multiple accounts after the rules was put into place need to be dealt with out in the open so the community can see who they are. Considering the fact that you used the quote from Hex, I can rationally come to the conclusion that you feel the same way and while I agree with you as far as old accounts that are no longer used are concerned I wholeheartedly disagree when it comes to new accounts or accounts still being used.
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

I admit it, I'm also known as ... Amanda

gimme some sugar

john51277 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan View Post

gimme some sugar
    Nice, just Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan View Post

gimme some sugar
    So you're located in Iowa then? Dude we should herf sometime.
    Hoban Washburn

crap, you got me.

6. Default

Status Check...Where do we stand on this?

john51277 Guest

Ken, I have been wondering the same thing!

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post
    Status Check...Where do we stand on this?

ditto

I highly doubt this will go anywhere. I would like to be proven wrong here, but the odds are against it.

Blog Entries

Sorry for the delay guys. Its been a hectic couple of weeks between my day job and caminoviejo. I can only do so much in one day and still have time to kick back and smoke a cigar or 2.

Here is what I know: I found several duplicate accounts with matching IP addresses. Some of them were obviously accidental signups, no extra posts, no problem. I found a couple of iffy duplicates, but after looking closer at them, they haven’t been used in a while.

I did find 2 senior members with what appears to be blatant duplicate account usage. IP’s match, posting habits’ continued until very recently, etc. I contacted one of those members and got an explanation, the other one I’m trying to catch in the act (not enough concrete evidence). The person I did contact offered an explanation which I considered plausible. If he wants to come out and say something, he can.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848 View Post
    I did find 2 senior members with what appears to be blatant duplicate account usage. IP’s match, posting habits’ continued until very recently, etc. I contacted one of those members and got an explanation, the other one I’m trying to catch in the act (not enough concrete evidence). The person I did contact offered an explanation which I considered plausible. If he wants to come out and say something, he can.
    Plausible schmausible... Out 'em both! This is just dragging all of this out and making it worse.

Duplicate Accounts are not permitted. Anyone caught signing up duplicate accounts is subject to immediate banning (yes your main account will be banned too).

If you think you might fall under this new policy, then PM me and we can handle the matter with out the drama.

Thanks.
    This was in '05... couldn't be clearer. Any questions and Hex gives you an out. Anything else is willful disrespect and disregard for the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Shagaroo View Post
    Plausible schmausible... Out 'em both! This is just dragging all of this out and making it worse.
    Totally agree - at least the one that hasn't responded. Hex, you've given them a chance - now let's make it open.
    Look at that... I plumb got myself 5 raisins and 7 termites.

I think the board should be privy to the explanation of the one who responded as well. Hex out em both, let them man up and explain the situation to the members.
    Hoban Washburn

I wonder why this has been dropped?

Until this is resolved, very few here can be trusted.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinDVM View Post

I agree. Let me just say that I can vouche for TheBull. I have met him and he's very handsome and funny. I ... He actually had a birthday yesterday and said all he wanted was a bunch of cigars from his friends here at CS. So if you could, just send m ... him some sticks to turn that frown upside down.

TheBull
    113 Highland Circle
    Apt 6
    Guntown, MS 38849

I know he'll appreciate it.

In all seriousness, I am very curious as to why nothing has been done or brought up about this.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Blog Entries

I'm handling it in private for right now. I'll make a public statement when I see fit.

Are you going to log in and post every few days just to stir the pot?
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

I'm handling it in private for right now. I'll make a public statement when I see fit.

Are you going to log in and post every few days just to stir the pot?
    If someone else, like above, who rarely posts here shows up and makes a post it's for the good of the community, but if I do it, it's "stirring the pot"?

Blog Entries

If someone else, like above, who rarely posts here shows up and makes a post it's for the good of the community, but if I do it, it's "stirring the pot"?
    It seems to be a trend for you though.

Who above? Hex? It's his board, he can do and say what he likes whenever he wants.

Blog Entries

Exactly who can't be trusted and "trusted" with what, trading, passes......? I don't see the connection here.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Thread Information