Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Duplicate Accounts

Quote Originally Posted by Dickson View Post
    Seriously - it sucks that you haven't been around that long. There was some funny shiz at one time...

Blog Entries

Dickson, you appear confused, if you have a specific question, just ask it.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

I made a mistake and jumped the gun by posting this thread. The forum is pretty divided right now and accusations were being made that people had duplicate accounts. Now that being said, there is evidence pointing towards a duplicate accounts, however vBulletin's search interface has one problem when looking for these kinds of things - dates.

One account in particular was setup a long time ago (it’s user id is 275, we are now at 2781) and has been in use until very recently. vBulletin's duplicate account search showed that one user in particular had used it a lot - when I saw that I posted in this thread. Now after speaking with the member in question and looking a little bit deeper into the logs, he actually stopped using the account well over a year ago. The account has been used by several other individuals. I have gone ahead and banned this account - Moheganson. I didn’t out right delete it so I can go back and look at logs if needed.

The second account in question was brought to my attention by another senior member. I didn't have the evidence I said I had - in fact I told the member who let me know about this account that the IP's didn't match at all. It's all that difficult to spoof IP addresses, but for someone to go through that trouble for so long just seems like too much BS. I have spoken to the individual in question and he has assured me that he is in no way, shape or form associated with the other account. I've been watching the 2 accounts sign in from different locations at the same time, which being that they are in different states is enough for me to believe them.

I know I haven’t been on top of this at all the last couple of weeks. If you knew half of the crap that’s on my plate right now you might understand. I apologize for letting this drag on for as long as it has.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848 View Post
    I made a mistake and jumped the gun by posting this thread. The forum is pretty divided right now and accusations were being made that people had duplicate accounts. Now that being said, there is evidence pointing towards a duplicate accounts, however vBulletin's search interface has one problem when looking for these kinds of things - dates.

One account in particular was setup a long time ago (it’s user id is 275, we are now at 2781) and has been in use until very recently. vBulletin's duplicate account search showed that one user in particular had used it a lot - when I saw that I posted in this thread. Now after speaking with the member in question and looking a little bit deeper into the logs, he actually stopped using the account well over a year ago. The account has been used by several other individuals. I have gone ahead and banned this account - Moheganson. I didn’t out right delete it so I can go back and look at logs if needed.

The second account in question was brought to my attention by another senior member. I didn't have the evidence I said I had - in fact I told the member who let me know about this account that the IP's didn't match at all. It's all that difficult to spoof IP addresses, but for someone to go through that trouble for so long just seems like too much BS. I have spoken to the individual in question and he has assured me that he is in no way, shape or form associated with the other account. I've been watching the 2 accounts sign in from different locations at the same time, which being that they are in different states is enough for me to believe them.

I know I haven’t been on top of this at all the last couple of weeks. If you knew half of the crap that’s on my plate right now you might understand. I apologize for letting this drag on for as long as it has.
    I'd like to know who that was because obvioulsy whoever that was is nothing but a lying trouble maker who made a completely groundless accusation and unfortunately you believed him and I am at a total loss as to why you'd do that.

C'mon, out the bastid, we don't need that type of lying behind the scenes going on here, do we? After all, this person is obviously an untrustworthy liar, right? Brings the whole integrity of the board down, doesn't it?
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    I'd like to know who that was because obvioulsy whoever that was is nothing but a lying trouble maker who made a completely groundless accusation and unfortunately you believed him and I am at a total loss as to why you'd do that.

C'mon, out the bastid, we don't need that type of lying behind the scenes going on here, do we? After all, this person is obviously an untrustworthy liar, right? Brings the whole integrity of the board down, doesn't it?
    It wasn't actually the first time I heard the rumor. Outing the person who told me this will just keep this whole mess going longer then it needs too. As far as im concerned this is over.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

It wasn't actually the first time I heard the rumor. Outing the person who told me this will just keep this whole mess going longer then it needs too. As far as im concerned this is over.
    Ya know, we all hear "rumors" just about every day in our lives regarding all kinds of things and I don't know about you but I discount most of them as just plain gossip from insecure liars/troublemakers. If I can confirm through another avenue that the "rumor" has merit, then fine but believing something just because one person "said so" is completely irresponsible.

At least I can say I have NEVER contacted you privately with a cowardly, chickenshit PM with any unsubstantiated "rumors" that slander other members here.

I think those people should "man up" and apoligize PUBLICLY to you and this entire board for spreading unsubstantiated "rumors" when they obviously had no idea what they were talking about.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 04-28-2007 at 12:01 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

8. Red face

You know CC you're acting like you're the premier FOG on this site. As you ask other's to let it go, have you ever thought for one second. Maybe I should let it go. Taking fractions's of a post and attempting to create dialogue(sp) doesn't do you or I any justice.

ggiese,

I stick around hoping for that day.

Respectfully,
    Dickson

Honestly, the only reason i keep coming back to this thread is other's replies. I get the email.

Hex,

You can end this now. Lock'er up.
    Last edited by Dickson; 04-28-2007 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Addition
    "No one can tell me what is a good cigar -- for me. I am the only judge. There are no standards -- no real standards. Each man's preference is the only standard for him, the only one which he can accept, the only one which can command him."
    ~ Mark Twain

Blog Entries

You know CC you're acting like you're the premier FOG on this site. As you ask other's to let it go, have you ever thought for one second. Maybe I should let it go. Taking fractions's of a post and attempting to create dialogue(sp) doesn't do you or I any justice.

ggiese,

I stick around hoping for that day.

Respectfully,
    Dickson

Honestly, the only reason i keep coming back to this thread is other's replies. I get the email.

Hex,

You can end this now. Lock'er up.
    According to who, you?

Do you think making whiny posts like this contributes in a positive manner? Unfortunately, when I point out your duplicitous posts, you Scotty your way off on another tangent.

Are you asking Hex to "Lock'er up" because you know you don't have enough self control to stop posting here? That's pretty sad....
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 04-28-2007 at 11:59 AM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

10. Red face

Sitting in waiting,huh. By the way, bad bait.
    "No one can tell me what is a good cigar -- for me. I am the only judge. There are no standards -- no real standards. Each man's preference is the only standard for him, the only one which he can accept, the only one which can command him."
    ~ Mark Twain

Blog Entries

Sitting in waiting,huh. By the way, bad bait.
    I'm sorry but you're not making any sense, care to explain?
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

moheganson...imagine that. I NEVER woulda thunk it.

I'm not "assuming" anything Nate, my statements are based on my PM exchange with Hex. If I were to post it, you'd see for yourself but I'm sorry, I'm not going to do that. And I will assure you once again, my statements are 100% accurate.

Here's the deal, this is HEX'S board and he can do whatever the hell he wants. If he wants to remain silent then that is HIS choice, I for one will NOT browbeat, threaten him or give him infantile ultimatiums like "If you don't do (insert whining, childish, stupid demand here) I will leave and trash you and your board and blah, blah, whine, whine, piss and moan, etc....."

If you and others want to hold something against me when there's no fuggen proof of me ever doing anything wrong, go right ahead and do that. There's nothing I can do to change your mind and once again, I will NOT post my PM exchange with Hex just to satisfy people's curiosity.
    We are not privy to the pm's so it is wrong for you to act as if we should know any different then what Hex specifically said. Not seeing the pm's it would be hard to take your statements as 100% accurate. I respect you Bill but I'm not going to take all of your comments as gospel as I'm sure you will not take mine. Hex has however spoken on this matter and it seems to have been dealt with in a good manner.

I never gave an ultimatum nor was I whining about anything.

I never accused you of anything either and I was not and am not holding anything against you.
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by prophetic_joe View Post
    We are not privy to the pm's so it is wrong for you to act as if we should know any different then what Hex specifically said. Not seeing the pm's it would be hard to take your statements as 100% accurate. I respect you Bill but I'm not going to take all of your comments as gospel as I'm sure you will not take mine. Hex has however spoken on this matter and it seems to have been dealt with in a good manner.
    Okay but now that Hex has elaborated on the whole mess in Post #103, that's consistent with what I've been saying all along so I don't think I'm being "wrong" here as you put it.

I never gave an ultimatum nor was I whining about anything.
    That statement doesn't apply to you since you are correct, you never issued ultimatums or whined like others here have. That statement was direct at them, not you, sorry for the confusion.

I never accused you of anything either and I was not and am not holding anything against you.
    And I never said you accused me of anything either. However, I did ask you the following two questions twice:
    Does this mean you don't "trust" me anymore Nate?
    Does this mean you won't participate in a trade or a pass with me?
    You replied with:
    Both depend
    and
    I really don't know
    so that sure looks to me like you're now holding something against me that you had not prior to this whole "duplicate account" nonsense that proved to be nothing.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Hex,

I'm really trying to understand what you are saying here. It seems that this account was set up long ago by someone. Since it was set up the original poster claims to have stopped using it, but it has since been used by "several other individuals?" I'm now wondering who the "several other individuals" were, Was this a free for all account? Why did the original poster give out the access password to the account in the first place and why was nothing ever said if not to the community, then at least to you, since posts were made using this account for the most part during *debates* up until very recently?

I have all but left this board because of recent shenanigans. In doing so I am breaking contact with lots of people here that I respect and apparently still respect me. If this was truly done in innocence I think I, as well as the others in question, deserve a bit more than the vague explanation provided.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shelby the whining baby View Post
    Hex,

I'm really trying to understand what you are saying here. It seems that this account was set up long ago by someone. Since it was set up the original poster claims to have stopped using it, but it has since been used by "several other individuals?" I'm now wondering who the "several other individuals" were, Was this a free for all account? Why did the original poster give out the access password to the account in the first place and why was nothing ever said if not to the community, then at least to you, since posts were made using this account for the most part during *debates* up until very recently?

I have all but left this board because of recent shenanigans. In doing so I am breaking contact with lots of people here that I respect and apparently still respect me. If this was truly done in innocence I think I, as well as the others in question, deserve a bit more than the vague explanation provided.

You'll never guess what I'm going to say next:

I thought you were leaving?
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 04-28-2007 at 03:22 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    I say - OUT THE BASTID!!

..I just KNOW it's that nemesis of mine - Hugh Jorgan, but I can't prove it...
    I too say - OUT THE BASTID!!

..I just KNOW it's that nemesis of mine - Ggiese, but I can't prove it...

`
    `

Disclaimer: All views made on The Hugh Jorgan Show ® are the opinion of Hugh Jorgan Productions, Inc. ® and do not reflect the views of our sponsors.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby07 View Post
    Hex,

blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah I have all but left this board because of recent shenanigans. blahblahblahblahblahblahblah
    Link

`
    `

Disclaimer: All views made on The Hugh Jorgan Show ® are the opinion of Hugh Jorgan Productions, Inc. ® and do not reflect the views of our sponsors.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby07 View Post
    Hex,

Clearly, shelby - this "account" Hex refers to was used WAY before you were even posting on this board. What is your purpose for wanting Hex to "out" those that have used it? Do you think it has some kind of sinister purpose???

Maybe that account was something that was fun - and provided amusement to the members at the time it was used.

That was a different time, in a different place. You lack any context for the argument, so it really is best for everyone if you just walk away from this. You clearly do not know what you're saying - and it serves no useful purpose to anyone on this board to try and explain it to you... Would ya quit trying to make something out of nothing??? Really - seriously - as much as you feel you're chasing out the bad guys with this quest of yours - there's really nothing there but a couple of guys in white face with clown noses...

And you've been talking about leaving from about your third post. Again - quit being such a thin skinned baby. Either grow a set and stick around - or get out. You're whining and moaning about what you THINK is good for this community serves no purpose other than personal satisfaction. If it's all about you - then you really truly need to move on. This is a COMMUNITY - not a SHELBITY

On another note, though (and in a similar vein) -

I personally think the person who went behind the scenes to create a situation for Hex and this board where an obvious rift has developed ought have the cajones to come out publically apologize for their mistake. Somehow, though - I believe that person will choose to remain behind the curtain, looking for the next way to stir crap up on the board with other silly nonsense, and is not man enough to admit they are wrong. That kind of behavior should NEVER be tolerated. If you're bold enough to publically whine and complain about the way Bill is - certainly you should be self reflective of what you're doing to the board with privately whining to Hex about what you think is true, when it's not...

Hex - IN ALL FAIRNESS TO EVERY MEMBER OF THIS BOARD - the person who went to admin whining about someone having a duplicate account (when there was no clear evidence there was - only a supposition) and stirring up this incredible brouhah - should be outed.

Okay but now that Hex has elaborated on the whole mess in Post #103, that's consistent with what I've been saying all along so I don't think I'm being "wrong" here as you put it.

so that sure looks to me like you're now holding something against me that you had not prior to this whole "duplicate account" nonsense that proved to be nothing.
    You being wrong was in acting like we should all know what you knew before Hex's post # 103. You were behaving like us wanting to know what was going on was a terrible thing when you obviously wanted to know as well hence you and Hex pm'ing eachother. To act in this manner was wrong.

I will repeat myself, I am not holding anything against you, saying that makes the whole thing seem personal. When this whole mess started I stopped trusting darn near everybody. I also must admit that in my line of work the person who comes out saying no one is guilty of anything is usually the one guilty of something, so I had to ask myself why you seemed so against Hex making this public. I now understand that it was because you had already talked to Hex via pm and found out information on the situation, with that said you could have saved us both time by either posting in this thread that you knew something from Hex earlier or sending me a pm. I would have thought we knew eachother well enough for you to do that.
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

Thread Information