Thread: Ashton

Copenhagen, Denmark (originally from Bonnie Scotland)

Default Ashton

Got no answers to this one, so thought it would be better to start again....

My buddy returned from his travels in Bethesda and visited the closest cigar shop to his hotel, which turned out to be JB Sims. I had requested some RP Reos, the much talked about Carlos Torano Exodus and any Opus X he could get his hands on, but, unfortunately, the shop had none of these.

Anyway, my buddy knows even less than me about cigars (and I still have my L plates securely attached) so he asked the bloke at the store for some advice. The shop guy was apparently extremely helpful and friendly, and even invited my friend to join a few of his buddies at the shop for a cigar. Very nice, then he suggested what he called 10 premium cigars, and 10 low end cigars so that he wouldn't leave empty handed.

The result is 5 Ashton Churchills, 5 Ashton Puro Sol Churchills and 10 La Flor Dominica 2000 Series (No 1s I think).

The total cost was $141. Does this sound like a reasonable deal? Any comments on his choices?

Cheers,
    Scott.

Hello Scott,

I am certainly no expert on the nuances of cigar prices. However a search of a few web sites indicates that the Ashtons generally sell for $7-9 @ stick and the La Flor Dominica go for somewhere in the $3-6 range depending on size.

So if you do the math...

Hope that is some help.

TTFN
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by BrewMeister
    Hello Scott,

I am certainly no expert on the nuances of cigar prices. However a search of a few web sites indicates that the Ashtons generally sell for $7-9 @ stick and the La Flor Dominica go for somewhere in the $3-6 range depending on size.

So if you do the math...

Hope that is some help.

Well even if you take the low end of the prices you get $100 (high end $150) and that is presuming the retail in that area is within that range. I know here in CA prices are much higher.

Plus he sounds as if he also got 10 more "low-end" smokes. With these extras or without and depending on the local pricing I would say his deal was within acceptable ranges for a purchase at a B&M.

BTW - Never had an Ashton . . . give us a review and let us all know what your thoughts are.

- Jason
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

Copenhagen, Denmark (originally from Bonnie Scotland)

Thanks for the input guys. I'll give them some time to settle (do I sound like I know what I'm talking about?) and attempt a review then.

My quest to find some reasonably priced Rocky Patel Reos or Carlos Torano Exodus in Europe continues....

hi you'all
    "If it Bleeds We can Kill it"

Thread Information