Thread: My favorites

1. Default My favorites

Well I was on a online cigar store the other day and I decided to list out my favorites to store in their online humidor. Here are the cigars that went in as my favorites:

CAO Brazilia
    Onyx
    Romeo & Julieta Reserve Maduro
    La Aroma de Cuba
    H.Upmann 2000
    Punch Deluxe
    Padron

When I was done listing them I noticed a theme: All of these have a significant amount of Nicaraguan tobacco in them. I thought this was funny because when I started out smoking cigars and deciding which one I liked and which ones I did not like, I didn't have the mindset of smoking just Nicaraguan Cigars.

I also prefer Maduro wrappers to natural wrapper. I don't know why but it is true. I have also found that cigars that are supposed to be mild or medium I have not taste for. Cigars that are listed as strong I tend to like the most. I have about choked on Macnudos and Romeo and Julieta Reserva Real, but I can suck down a CAO MX2 or a Cohiba XV and really enjoy it!
    Am I just weird?

Blog Entries

Great list. I'm a big fan of the Onyx myself. You should check out the Sancho Panza Double Maduro's if you havent already. They are great smokes and not to bad price wise.

I will have to try the Sancho Panza, to date, I don't think I have had one.......

Great list of favorites, I love the CAO........Italia and Brazillia

4. Default

i really like nicaraguan tobacco also,padron is one of my regular "go to" smokes.
    i generally don't like conn. shade wrapped cigars-to me they all have a bitter,bland taste.
    about 10 yrs ago i started with macanudo maduros...loved them at the time,then i tried a macanudo with a conn. shade wrapper thinking it would be similar tasting

Thread Information