View Poll Results: Should Corona Gigante be banned?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Permanent ban

15 45.45%
  • 30 day suspension

13 39.39%
  • No Ban

5 15.15%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Corona Gigante Ban?

Blog Entries

Default Corona Gigante Ban?

Well I've gotten a couple of requests for this poll. Thus here we go.

I'm not going to go into the specifics myself. Those of you who want him banned post your reasons here.

Please read the Banning Policy for the rules.
    Last edited by hex1848; 10-03-2005 at 07:39 PM.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

2. Default

Personally I think CG is disrespectful.
    He has shown his colors here by the lamasery posts both he has started and engaged in with respected members of the board.

Life is too short to engage in flame wars because you don't like someone. If you don't like them then don't interact with the person, no need to start a huge flame war with name calling, innuendo and derogatory posts.

Rich

Nothing but trouble down that road. The can't get the band because it rolled under the table led to too much song and dance. I admit I have never had any thing to do with him but just my gut feeling. Permanent Ban
    Last edited by Baron Porthos; 10-03-2005 at 10:27 PM.
    Remember to breathe

4. Exclamation

Since you were called out by CC, I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt -

Benefit of the Doubt Thread:

http://www.cigarsmokers.com/showpost...4&postcount=16

Then you pull the stunt of trying to pass a possible fake in a fundraiser thread:

http://www.cigarsmokers.com/showpost...3&postcount=21

You don't listen to ANYONE but yourself. Senior guys like ggiese tried to help you out and you just continue on your rampages. I don't forsee your actions getting any better if you're going to continue to 'listen to your own advice.' Look at where your own advice has gotten you....NOWHERE.

I've read through your threads and each time you've carried on with your b.s. you've had NO CONCRETE EVIDENCE TO BACK YOUR CLAIMS UP. Granted CC doesn't say things in a 'sweet and nice way,' the guy ALWAYS backs his statements up. You on the other hand, do NOT.

Based on your only listening to yourself, and making these frivelous statements without any factual evidence at all, I'm tired of your b.s. CG. You've been given so many chances and blown it so many times, this must end. You're a disruption to this board and have proved to be more of a troublemaker than a benefit. I vote for a permanent ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Corona Gigante
    What's to explain...it's obvious he's CoventryCrap86
    Taken from this thread

Now this was beyond disrespectful, it was asinine. Now you are making outright accusations towards a well respected member of not just this board, but several others. CC is well known in the online cigar community, and has a well-established reputation as a true BOTL. He may seem a bit "mean" from time to time, but he isn't known for suffering fools. Your repeated attacks did much damage to your reputation, and yet you continue to do so.

The raffle was a disaster from the beginning... something didn't sound right about the whole "band fell off right before I took the picture" thing... then we come to find out you had received advice suggesting that it was a fake ISOM, the proceeded to use it as a prize for you raffle anyway. Again, your reputation has suffered.

In a community such as this, a person's reputation is the difference between being accepted, assisted, and recommended to others for trades/passes, or being treated as an outcast and followed from post to post, board to board until you are marked as someone that shouldn't be trusted.

An old Chinese proverb states "If the horse dies, then you have to walk." I think you've killed your horse, CG.
    Last edited by 8-5-8; 10-04-2005 at 07:50 AM.
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

I was gonna vote for the temporary ban but after seeing the zafer thread I say permanent ban for the jackass. Not sure how you got to be so stupid but grow up and learn a little thing called logic CG.

A five minute walk from Cigars International.

I agree with 8-5-8. The "band fell off" raffle convinced me once and for all that CG is basically a jackass, and the "obviously it's CoventryCrap" convinced me that CG is a jackass who has NO idea when to back down. (and is generally not very clever either. )

I truly think nick needs a time out to think about the last few weeks - he may be redeemable. But - that's up to him.

Give him a 30 day time out to think about things... Maybe he'll come back with a fresh attitude. To let him to continue to post the way he has is bad for himself and the board...

I have to say, though, that I am surprised he's gone down this path. Especially with many members telling him it's a slippery slope...

30 days....... like a "time out" for a 7 yr old

I think this guy had some potential to be a "good guy"..... maybe he needs some time to level off on his meds

cool down, reflect, see the error in your ways, come back in a month and be nice.
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Pomegranates: 0
    Funky Chickens: 2

I vote no ban only because I still think this is a member moderated community and there is no need to ban him, just make him feel unwelcome.
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Blog Entries

When it comes to things like this, I tend to agree with Roham. I actually ALMOST voted for "no ban" but sorry corona gigante, you've been such a complete asshole to me, you left me no choice.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

The guys a tool, kick him to the curb....

Anyone who intentionally tries to rip people off and doesn't respect folks who've been around longer needs to know his role...bu-bye

I have to go with Roham, his reasoning is sound.

Stop reading here if you don't care what I think...

I am some what concerned that banning people may become easy/preferred way of dealing with people. It was the appropriate action in the "manix" situation, no question about that, but I am concerned we may start to experience "witch hunts" so to speak.

From reviewing the threads, I can see why members feel the way they do, the raffle was having a hard time passing the "smell" test with me also, the poll was ridiculous and I'm not going to address the other issues. But it would seem to me his nonsense hasn't risen to the level of Manix's vile spewing of racial epitaphs.

This may be a situation where the cold shoulder would be most effective in bring him around. Just because he is banned here doesn't mean he won't be out there somewhere else.

Thanks for reading.

30 day ban so he can think about what he has done. Trying to take advantage of a disaster to rip people off....that is about as low as you can go. Maybe he will come back in 30 days a new person...maybe he won't come back at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Roham
    I vote no ban only because I still think this is a member moderated community and there is no need to ban him, just make him feel unwelcome.
    the problem with that is that there are people like scotty that will stick around and keep acting out. i voted 30 days.

17. Default

I agree with Roham. No ban.

I think banning should be kept for exceptional cases: racism, sexism, threats etc. We're all old enough to take a few criticisms without throwing all our toys out of the pram and ask for a ban at the first sight of antagonism.

The FOGs don't put up with bullshit. I've watched some pissing matches here and have noticed that while they are often abrupt, they are also always straight up.

So what I appreciate about the established FOGs on this board is that you always know exactly where you stand with them. It may be that you're standing in a pile of shit, but well, you stepped in it yourself and when you do you gotta clean up so you don't go tracking it around everywhere. And these guys here will dog your ass until there's no more stink. Or no more you. Consistent. Simple.

CG, you came in here and had to duck right of the bat when folks took a poke at you for what you undoubtably saw as no good reason. When they saw a mistake had been made, they showed you a lotta love; removed any and all doubt about your acceptance here with freely given goodwill.

You shoulda taken a hint here: even folks that kinda look like a POS are gonna get bounced around. Nothing personal - you should know this better than anyone here.

But whether you have an axe to grind or are just incredibly obtuse is anybody's guess. Now, you kinda remind me of the Marlon Brando character in The Missouri Breaks. He was a drygulcher. I'm not gonna give up the ending because it's too good to ruin for those who haven't seen it (if you haven't seen it, rent it; it's one of the best oldies out there IMO). Which reminds me of the opener for all the Tex Arcana series from years ago in Heavy Metal magazine: "Here lies the old claimjumper. He died hard and he deserved it!"

30 days out CG. Come back in with a smile on your face or don't come back.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Quote Originally Posted by Roham
    I am in agreement with Roham
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

20. Default

I think a 30 day "time out" would be a good plan. I think CG is a genuinely good guy with good intentions. However, I think he needs a little time off to get his head together...

Thread Information