Thread: Charter Communications Sucks!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Charter Communications Sucks!

So i signed up for high speed cable internet through the cable company. They are offering a special $22.95/month for the first 6 months, and then it goes up to $34.99/month. Anyways...the guy came out monday to hook me and up and he spent like 3 hours there and was unable to get my computer to connect through the modem. I was at work and my wife kept calling me asking questions that guy needed to know. She said that he couldn't figure it out. Finally, I got fed up with it because I couldn't get any work done. So, I told him to just leave everything there and I would deal with it when I got home. I get home, he left the modem but not any of the software. Called Charter and waited on hold for 45 minutes. Then talked to someone who transfered me to tech support and I was on hold for 30 min. Then finally I got a biotch who said that there was something wrong with my computer and it was not there problem that I could not connect. So I hung up on her and called back and talked to someone else who was nice and she gave us a month free internet and cable becuase the hassle they put me through. I took my labtop to my parents house where they have charter and hooked up and got onto the internet with no issues. So I called tech support back and told them about it. We were on the phone for 1 1/2 hours just trying different things. Finally, I said to just send someone out, someone who knew something about computers. So I have a data tech coming out at 3pm today to look at it. So hopefully by tonight I will be able to log on. Wish me luck. As for you you Charter, Get some people that know what the they are doing!

2. Default

Hehe, sounds like Cox!

Stage 1 - Digital Cable to High Definition:
    I was around for this one. First off, the guy installing the thing had no idea what he was doing. Eventually, he was able to get it "set up". By that I mean it displayed an image and produced sound. However, instead of rigging it up through the surround receiver, he had it rigged up through the TV speakers. Apparently the giant speakers in my living room are just for show...

Stage 2 - HD to HD-DVR:
    Okay, this is REAL EASY. Replace the existing box. Just plug the cables into the new box. My girlfriend was recovering from surgery, so she was around the house. Perfect, I didn't need to take any time off, she could be there to make sure he didn't steal the TV or whatever. She called me up in a panic. Nothing worked. The guy left with the TV black!

Neither guy had ANY CLUE what he was doing, it was awful. I don't know what people without technical knowledge do... It would really suck to have HD's 5.1 surround signal coming out of the 4 2" drivers in the TV...

lol that would drive me nuts.

4. Default

If you use a router their modem will screw it up completely. I recently dumped their internet and TV services. Our local utility provider has a new fiber optic system that provides all my telephone, internet and TV...At a cost much cheaper than Charter.

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge
    If you use a router their modem will screw it up completely. I recently dumped their internet and TV services. Our local utility provider has a new fiber optic system that provides all my telephone, internet and TV...At a cost much cheaper than Charter.
    The weird part is that I am just hooking directly up to the cable modem. My parents have a router and it worked fine through that!

6. Default

Talk about fate!

Friday I post my hardships with Cox Communications... Friday night my cable goes out!

Of course I have a road game Saturday, so I had to have someone stop by once again with my girlfriend home alone!

Luckily, everything went well. Somehow, this guy was able to replace the box without making a clusterfuck! Go figure! My gf even told him the stories of the previous guys... :)

Thread Information