Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: End a bet!

1. Default End a bet!

A friend of mine was looking over my shoulder while I was browsing around the threads, and in his simple mind "we are all taking cigars and the smoking thing to serious". His words, not mine. The auctal story is sorta long but it came down to a simple bet. Which I will now have the board settle.

Flame Light or Jet Light, when using a lighter which do you prefer and why?

Friday I will tally up results and tell you all who won the bet, what the bet was, and why it came about. Sorry I gotta be vague but it will make sense in the end.

thanks

Practical answer: doesn't matter, any type of fire works.

For the sake of your bet: Flame over torch for me.

Raisins: + 12 1/2
    Termites: 5.56

TORCH!

39 cent gas station lighters just don't do it for me.
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

I like torch better but will use what ever is on hand.

5. Default

I'm leaning toward wooden matches, myself... But I also use a torch lighter (several, actually)

Torch lighters rule! Flame lighters and matches get blown out too easily. Now when i am inside, wooden matches will do in a pinch, and are kinda cool to boot.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Jet. Stays lit better.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Torch lighter... the bigger the torch, the better...

Torch
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Definatly a torch lighter....You can pretty much light them anywhere. The cheap bic lighter is just too hard to keep that flame lit when outdoors.

Torch.
    You can direct the flame much better, especially outdoors.
    "There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar. " -Prince Sined Yar Maharg

I won't light up with anything aside from my 3700^F Torch lighter, it stays lit well, sounds cool, and the flame turns a cool red when it gets up to temp.

Torches rule, (regular) flames drool!

Neither, I use the Dr. Phil methode of where I sit with the cigar and talk to it, connect with it and give it support and willpower to light itself.

Torch.

Quote Originally Posted by MadurosRock
    I won't light up with anything aside from my 3700^F Torch lighter, it stays lit well, sounds cool, and the flame turns a cool red when it gets up to temp.

Torches rule, (regular) flames drool!

That is disturbing.

Raisins: + 12 1/2
    Termites: 5.56

matches and cedar spills!

I've got a torch and matches. Prefer the matches, but the torch works on the golf course.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilentChamber
    Neither, I use the Dr. Phil methode of where I sit with the cigar and talk to it, connect with it and give it support and willpower to light itself.

Torch.

By the way, I prefer torch lighters.

flame, but only because it gets the job done.

I prefer matches, but if I use a lighter, I prefer a torch.

Quote Originally Posted by Scientific
    Flame Light or Jet Light, when using a lighter which do you prefer and why?

Friday I will tally up results and tell you all who won the bet, what the bet was, and why it came about. Sorry I gotta be vague but it will make sense in the end.

thanks
    Now maybe we can all have a side bet on what your original bet was. The winner could get a free box of Padron 1926, paid for by cigarsmokers.com.
    I predict the bet was how many people on this board would actually respond to, and expound on, a question about the simple act of bringing fire in contact with a cigar.

Of course if I'm right, I just hijacked your thread, which will affect the results.
    "There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar. " -Prince Sined Yar Maharg

matches
    N.O.L.A.

Thread Information