Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Engagement

reaganyouth84 Guest

Default Engagement

Alright....so I'm sure a few of you are probably still pretty pissed at me.(understandably so) I haven't been online here in a while, but I thought I would try this since some time has passed. I just wanted to say my best friend has told me that he is proposing to his girlfriend of more than 6 years tomorrow 10/13/05 at Disney World. He is like a brother to me, and I remember the day they started dating when he and I were sophomores in high school. Anyways, we both had a nice DC Maximus tonight to celbrate the occassion, (along with some nice champagne) here are some pics....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0406.JPG 
Views:	172 
Size:	86.3 KB 
ID:	97   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	87.1 KB 
ID:	98  
    Last edited by reaganyouth84; 10-12-2005 at 10:42 PM.

2. Default

Go away asshole. Nobody here gives a shit
    The older I get ,the better I was

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7
    Go away asshole. Nobody here gives a shit

As always Kevin has a way with words. But I think this pretty much sums up the boards feelings.

DG

you're just asking for some good ol' photochoppin, man.

but, congrats to your friend

I'd say give ReaganYouth a chance to prove he's learned from his mistakes and rebuild his rep if he can.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cigar no baka
    I'd say give ReaganYouth a chance to prove he's learned from his mistakes and rebuild his rep if he can.
    I agree. Personally, I will give him another chance, and it will be based on his response to the criticism he will receive.

RY - my advice is turn the other cheek, take what's coming with reserved dignity and weather the storm. Also check up on the past issue with Manix, amanda and Corona Gigante to discover why they aren't around.

Your situation is salvageable.

I'm willing to give him a chance. Granted, i wasn't here when whatever happened, happened, but nonetheless, if he wants to post, then so be it.
    "A good cigar, a good cutter, good friends and a good 3700° F lighter is all you really need." ~Me

reaganyouth84 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan
    I agree. Personally, I will give him another chance, and it will be based on his response to the criticism he will receive.

RY - my advice is turn the other cheek, take what's coming with reserved dignity and weather the storm. Also check up on the past issue with Manix, amanda and Corona Gigante to discover why they aren't around.

Your situation is salvageable.
    Well, I've seen why amanda isn't around. What she did was unbelieveable. I'm not sure why the others aren't around, although I saw a where someone was talking about a thread someone started about racism or something. Anyways, take it easy, and I appreciate you guys for giving me a second shot at this.

-Mike

Quote Originally Posted by reaganyouth84
    Well, I've seen why amanda isn't around. What she did was unbelieveable. I'm not sure why the others aren't around, although I saw a where someone was talking about a thread someone started about racism or something. Anyways, take it easy, and I appreciate you guys for giving me a second shot at this.

-Mike
    That was TheyCallMeManix, who went on a racist rant using the "n" word, and describing quite graphically why he hated just about every race, creed, color, and religion, including his own...he and A-ban-da have received permanent bans...Corona Gigante is on a 30 day time-out, as he got into it with CoventryCat86 and hopefully when he returns there will be no further problems for either him or CC86...depending on what caused the ban or time-out in the first place, I would say most people deserve a second chance, but there are circumstances where what that person did was so outrageous (TCMM & Amanda), that sometimes that's not warranted...

So being away for a few weeks makes everything all right? Come on Guys! It's simple! You screw one of us you screw all of us. He is a bad trader. He has issues in his life, school and other stuff. He needs to go away for a long time, a very long time, and deal with his issues.

reaganyouth84 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Grinch
    So being away for a few weeks makes everything all right? Come on Guys! It's simple! You screw one of us you screw all of us. He is a bad trader. He has issues in his life, school and other stuff. He needs to go away for a long time, a very long time, and deal with his issues.
    I didn't say being away for a few weeks makes everything ok. Seeing as to how all of that is over, I think it should stay that way. I'm not saying that anyone should forget it, I'm just saying lets move forward. I'm just here to talk cigars, if some of you want to blast me, it's ok...I'll just talk to those who want to talk cigars.

-Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Grinch

I don't think anyone said everything is all right. My read of the posts track more towards Ry needing to prove himself. It's not going to be easy but he certainly should be allowed to try. If he had not, finally, met is obligations to the trade then I would be one of the first to vote, but he did, albeit late.
    And I agree, he is currently a bad trader, but it doesn't mean he will always be. Certainly it's going to be a long time before someone offers to trade with him, including myself. We are all informed to what transpired and as he has yet to offer any reason we should forget I am experiencing a certain level of trepidation in offering a second chance. However, I generally feel that most people deserve a second chance. Maybe that’s a character flaw of mine but I don't think so. That being said, RY needs to earn the respect of the board and that is going to take time. Now that there is an established process for discipline, one which RY should educate himself on, I believe the offer should be extended with the knowledge that similar circumstances will certainly result in a permanent ban.

Quote Originally Posted by reaganyouth84
    I didn't say being away for a few weeks makes everything ok. Seeing as to how all of that is over, I think it should stay that way. I'm not saying that anyone should forget it, I'm just saying lets move forward. I'm just here to talk cigars, if some of you want to blast me, it's ok...I'll just talk to those who want to talk cigars.

-Mike
    Well, while, I don't agree with his politics, make him send his end first. I dropped the ball in July, and I'm STILL sending my end first to certain people. Sorry but that's how it goes.

Mike, I'm just gunna give you a little advice from a guy who did what you did himself, and was called on a larger level. Communication is what makes things alright or dead in the water. Sarge even said if you'd said earler you were low on dough and had to buy school books, he woulda dropped it, but you didn't even let him know what's going on. I'm not your mom or dad, I'm a guy your age. Just warning you, and it'll be along time before we include you in passes or trades without seeing your end first.

Where'd ya get the DCMs? Hope you atleast used the good source I gave you before your shit hit the fan!

Keep posting Michael - take the heat (some people are VERY pissed) - don't deny or play down the problem - keep a thick skin...

And don't get in any trades where you can't send your end out RIGHT away (send your end out first).

BTW - congrats to your friend!!!

reaganyouth84 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kayakinboy
    Well, while, I don't agree with his politics, make him send his end first. I dropped the ball in July, and I'm STILL sending my end first to certain people. Sorry but that's how it goes.

Mike, I'm just gunna give you a little advice from a guy who did what you did himself, and was called on a larger level. Communication is what makes things alright or dead in the water. Sarge even said if you'd said earler you were low on dough and had to buy school books, he woulda dropped it, but you didn't even let him know what's going on. I'm not your mom or dad, I'm a guy your age. Just warning you, and it'll be along time before we include you in passes or trades without seeing your end first.

Where'd ya get the DCMs? Hope you atleast used the good source I gave you before your shit hit the fan!
    I'm just here right now because I want to talk cigars. I'm just trying to get back on track here, I don't want to trade or anything at this time, but if I do I WILL SEND MY END FIRST. Right now I just want to ease back into this.

The DCM"s were very nice by the way.

-Mike

16. Default Solid Advice From ggiese & KB

I agree with what ggiese & KB have said.

Learn from your mistakes and follow the helpful advice that has been given to you. If you can do that, this whole thing will blow over in time. KB was an example of this (I read the posts from another board), so there is definitely hope you will be looked upon in a much better light. Mess up again, and you're pretty much toast.

Best of luck and congrats to your friend.

17. Default

I'm relativley new... why doesn't anyone like this guy?

~Sonny~

bigpoppapuff Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnyfoxxx
    I'm relativley new... why doesn't anyone like this guy?

~Sonny~

go to page 2 in the politics forum....a fun read......

reaganyouth84 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by godfather
    I agree with what ggiese & KB have said.

Learn from your mistakes and follow the helpful advice that has been given to you. If you can do that, this whole thing will blow over in time. KB was an example of this (I read the posts from another board), so there is definitely hope you will be looked upon in a much better light. Mess up again, and you're pretty much toast.

Best of luck and congrats to your friend.
    Well, I look forward to getting back to business here. I really enjoy most people on here, and you guys have some great advice. I look forward to talking to you guys again in the coming weeks.

OH YEAH, MY BUDDY CALLED ME ABOUT AN HOUR AGO AND SHE SAID YES.

-Mike

20. Default

Hey, RY, I'm curious how your time away from the forum has affected you (if at all)...

Thread Information