Thread: where do you stop?

Default where do you stop?

how far down do you smoke your cigar? if i'm really enjoying a good cigar, i'll take it about a half inch from the band.

Blog Entries

I've been known to smoke a good cigar until it starts burning my tounge.

I love the flavor/intensity a cigar gets towards the end. Its my favorite part of the smoke.

this generally depends what mood im in, and of course, how good the cigar is. On average i stop smoking when there is about one inch left..

it depends on how much I'm enjoying it also....i have been known to go to the point of burning fingers on occasion....but generally speaking, i stop when i can still comfortably hold the cigar between thumb and two fingers. Usually a little over an inch or so i guess.

lab

same here, about an inch. i dont know if thats proper cigar etiquette, but hey, i'm enjoying it...
    \

I had a Bolivar Corona Jr. the other day that I smoked down to the point of blistering my fingers.

I smoke them down to about a each also, I guess when the smoke starts getting hot or I can't hold it between my finger and thumb. I had a cigar once that the smoke starting get hot after a few draws, didn't smoke much of that one and won't but another!

Thumbs up

I smoke em close to the band, cut band off and huff till heat singes hair on lip. Then I let it go out and chew on it for another hour or so. I'm not cheap, just don't like giving up a good thing.
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by volshooter
    I smoke em close to the band, cut band off and huff till heat singes hair on lip. Then I let it go out and chew on it for another hour or so. I'm not cheap, just don't like giving up a good thing.
    Rick
    Chew on it for another hour or so??

hehe, don't mean to sound stupid but.... like gum? or like chewing tabbacoo?

Well, I have maybe smoked about a half dozen cigars since I started a couple weeks ago, and a couple of them I kept smoking till it hurt. Maybe half inch left... I never had to cut the band off, they just slide down for me(so far)

Quote Originally Posted by Roham
    Chew on it for another hour or so??

hehe, don't mean to sound stupid but.... like gum? or like chewing tabbacoo?

Well, I have maybe smoked about a half dozen cigars since I started a couple weeks ago, and a couple of them I kept smoking till it hurt. Maybe half inch left... I never had to cut the band off, they just slide down for me(so far)
    lol. yeah, like gum. try it. its good.

i think he means let it go out and chew on the end as if he were still smoking it. ...'like gum' lol

Default Bitter end my good friends.......

When I think about the art, craft and perfection that goes into a fine cigar, I almost find it criminal to smoke it any less than to the bitter end or the cap. When cigars start burning hot, near the cap, then I toss it.

But as a few others have stated, pass the 75% mark, the flavor intensity gets soooo much better. I have absolutely burned my fingers and tongue (smile) on a few cigars.

My norm, is that I smoke them to the absolute bitter end.....

Thread Information