Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: The Ball and Chain Pass Offical Thread

Blog Entries

If it hasn’t been done already, I would call the USPS 800 number (1-800-ASK-USPS) and speak with a CS rep about it (have your DC number ready). They have more tracking info available to them then they make available through the website or the tracking IVR. Sometimes they can tell if something looks wrong from their end.

Ask them for advice to see if they can figure out who you need to speak with about it.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848
    If it hasn’t been done already, I would call the USPS 800 number (1-800-ASK-USPS) and speak with a CS rep about it (have your DC number ready). They have more tracking info available to them then they make available through the website or the tracking IVR. Sometimes they can tell if something looks wrong from their end.

Ask them for advice to see if they can figure out who you need to speak with about it.

I'll do that tomorrow.

3. Default

Called the Postmaster...He said there is no way to tell if it actually was delivered to my house. He said it was possibly misdelivered or stolen from my doorstep. I tend to lean toward misdelivery. I have had problems with that before.

Dont you love how delivery confirmation doesnt really mean delivery confirmation.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilentChamber
    Dont you love how delivery confirmation doesnt really mean delivery confirmation.
    You got that right.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Holy crap !!!!! this sucks.......

I'm sorry this is the first time I have seen this thread since it was my turn. I guess I should have been following it but I forgot.

I would definitely help out with some replacement sticks.... If you don't hear from me.... someone send me a PM....

I think we should all start using UPS..... you can open up a free account and they will send all the packaging materials to your home for free...... You can even request a "pick up" from your home...

UPS for me from now on.....

Thank you again to everybody for offering up sticks. You can really see how awesome this brotherhood is when something like this happens. Let us give it until Friday, and if nothing turns up, then I will try and figure out how we can finish this thing so KB, Mr. Toledo, and the Loser White Sox fans can still play. And we were so friggin' close.

I bet it was Scotty or the Doc who intercepted our package.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Bkcloud114
    Holy crap !!!!! this sucks.......

I'm sorry this is the first time I have seen this thread since it was my turn. I guess I should have been following it but I forgot.

I would definitely help out with some replacement sticks.... If you don't hear from me.... someone send me a PM....

I think we should all start using UPS..... you can open up a free account and they will send all the packaging materials to your home for free...... You can even request a "pick up" from your home...

UPS for me from now on.....

At the very least require signature confirmation.

Signature confirmation would be a good idea, that way if no one is home you have to go the post office and sign for it before you can get the package. A hassle, for sure, but better than losing a whole box of cigars.

I'm willing to kick in a few $7-$10 sticks to get things started again.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

10. Default

Still nuthin.

1 More day, then we'll figure things out from there.

Here's hoping that your substitute delivery man has a come to Jesus talk and realizes the errors of his stealing ways.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

12. Default

Folks...No good news. I feel responsible for the mess. I'll be happy to replace as many of the sticks as I'm able.

13. Default

Ken, it wasn't your fault at all and I hold the post office 100% responsible for the issue. Don't worry about this and enjoy your weekend.

I stand by what I said earlier and will throw in some sticks to help re-build the box.

Quote Originally Posted by godfather
    Ken, it wasn't your fault at all and I hold the post office 100% responsible for the issue. Don't worry about this and enjoy your weekend.

I stand by what I said earlier and will throw in some sticks to help re-build the box.
    ditto.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Ken,

Definitely not your fault by any means!!!

So that we can finish the pass, I think this is the way to proceed:

Anybody who wants to volunteer some sticks (PLEASE DO NOT FEEL OBLIGATED!!!), let us send them to Sarge, and then if Sarge would be gracious enough, repackage them into a single box pass (after doing some puts/takes of course). Then, I will send Sarge the addresses (via e-mail) that are left (I believe just KB, Super, and the White Sox Fans in respective order). Anyone who chooses to send, post what you send so I can compile the new master list on a new Ball and Chain Pass Thread. From here on out, the pass will be sent either UPS or USPS (but with Signature Confirmation).

Again, I want to re-emphasize that by no means is anyone required to send more sticks. For those who do, thank you so much for your generosity ahead of time and for helping to make my first box pass, a smashing success. And despite the USPS's screw ups, it has been very good and will be again I hope.

Best,
    Sean

16. Default

If you want to send em to me that is OK. I'm not real comfortable with all those sticks comming my way. KB Pmed me and said he would be glad to handle getting it restarted. I'll be glad to send my share of sticks to him or what ever is decided.

Alright, let us send the sticks to KB, it'll be good cause they goto his office, so someone will for sure be there to sign. But, I'm gonna send my sticks to you Sarge, so you have something to do some p/t's with. It's only 6 sticks, but they're nice ones.

6 Sticks:
    Romeo y Julieta Coronitas (ISOM)--2
    Asthon VSG Corona(?)--1
    Gurkha Centurian XX--1
    A. Fuente WOAN--1
    Padrón 1964 Principe Maduro--1

For anyone else who wants to send sticks, post whatever you send (once KB okays us sending them to him) on the new thread: Ball and Chain Pass Redux
    Last edited by BigMacFU; 12-09-2005 at 07:59 PM.

18. Default

I'll do my puts and takes and send my replacement sticks to KB all in the same box.

I will add my sticks into the pass once it reaches us "White Sox Boys", if that's okay with everyone...

KB - okay by you??

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge
    If you want to send em to me that is OK. I'm not real comfortable with all those sticks comming my way. KB Pmed me and said he would be glad to handle getting it restarted. I'll be glad to send my share of sticks to him or what ever is decided.
    Quote Originally Posted by ggiese
    I will add my sticks into the pass once it reaches us "White Sox Boys", if that's okay with everyone...

KB - okay by you??

The guys ain't lying. I've had I believe 5 people tell me packages were on the way. I don't mind where they go, as long as we show BOTLs bringing this back to life. It happens every now and then and atleast we know that from now on everyone will help and step up!

Gramps, it's fine. Sending to Sarge or me is cool. Or if you go later then hold on and it'll come to you. Just either post here or pm. I was trying to keep it hush hush and just bomb it back to ya, but this is fine!

KB

Thread Information