I got the pass on Saturday. Ted, the Opus made it too. Here are my plays:

Takes:

Torano Signature Torpedo
    Reo Torpedo

Puts:

Punch Grand Cru #2 Maduro
    Camcho Coyolar Puro Torpedo
    La Gloria Cubana Reserva Figurados Felicias Maduro

If there are no complaints, this goes out tomorrow.

Also, I added some Priority Mail Address Labels.
    Last edited by grand cru no 2; 11-13-2005 at 11:31 PM.

Raisins: + 12 1/2
    Termites: 5.56

Heads up Cigar No Baka! DC 0301 0120 0007 3851 9026

CNB, what day is good for you to meet up? LMK

OK Grand Cru, will keep my eye out for it, thanks! I will post my puts and takes since this is my very first box pass, and I don't want to piss off everyone or screw things up!!

Drake, will PM you as soon as I get it!!
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Well played Ray! Thanks for the extra address labels in there too. You guys are making this a great box pass, very quick and efficient.

First post updated.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Uhhh, did the cigars get lost in the mail?
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Quote Originally Posted by BigMacFU
    hmm. Not lost - DC @ 8:17, Wednesday morning.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

I was wondering the same thing...

No worries, I am going to check my mail tonight and will try to use my wife's PC to access CS.com and let y''all know my puts and takes, OK?

Quote Originally Posted by cigar no baka
    No worries, I am going to check my mail tonight and will try to use my wife's PC to access CS.com and let y''all know my puts and takes, OK?

Alright, look, you're making it difficult not to jump to conclusions here. In the first place, the pass was sent to a physical address - work or home I gotta assume. Have you not been to one of those places since Wednesday? Also, you've averaged 3.11 post daily since May; internet access has not been an issue for you until now.

Sorry but no/minimal word from you severely bends one of the main rules of a box pass: communicate.

If there's a good explanation, sorry for bustin' your balls, but c'mon man make some noise.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

11. Default Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by basil
    Alright, look, you're making it difficult not to jump to conclusions here. In the first place, the pass was sent to a physical address - work or home I gotta assume. Have you not been to one of those places since Wednesday? Also, you've averaged 3.11 post daily since May; internet access has not been an issue for you until now.

Sorry but no/minimal word from you severely bends one of the main rules of a box pass: communicate.
    Good points basil. CNB, you need to better communicate with the rest of the group what's going on with you.

A) You were given a Delivery Confirmation Number and can easily trace it. Even if you don't have Internet access, you can still take the initiative to pick up the phone and find out where the package is. Even if you failed to do both, Priority mail is anywhere between 2-3 days, pretty trivial to do the math there.

B) There are several people who have not gotten the pass yet, and I'm sure they'd like to have it before Christmas (literally). It's not fair for them to wait on you if you're not going to give us any reasonable justification for waiting so long.

By all means, if you're having some kind of issue, I'm sure we'd all understand. The above post isn't telling us much except to draw our own conclusions.

Please have considerations for others, I too am not trying to harp on you and am simply bringing this to your attention. Thanks for listening.
    Last edited by godfather; 11-18-2005 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by basil

If there's a good explanation, sorry for bustin' your balls, but c'mon man make some noise.

Sorry if this sounds like excuses, but fFirst of all, both of our PC's are ancient POS. Mine no longer allows me to access CS.com (among many other sites, such as google and yahoo), and my wifes is hit and miss whether she can get it to boot up at all. If you'll notice that for the past 6 weeks or so I have had minimal access, so sorry about that. Plus I almost got in huge trouble at work for getting on cigar websites so although I still do I do so very sparingly.

Finally got my wife's PC to boot up. Got the box tonight and gonna go buy some more premiums tomorrow AM so I can put some comparable cigars into my puts OK?

Also gotta do some quick research on how much some of these sticks are so I don't take more than I put. Gonna research tonight, buy cigars tomorrow and get the box pass to Drake as soon as we hook up. Just PM'd Drake to see if he can meet me tomorrow.
    Last edited by cigar no baka; 11-18-2005 at 11:33 PM.

Chris I'm not going to bust you balls on the communication thing the others got you on that and having PC problems happens.

What I'm going to call you on is this.

Quote Originally Posted by cigar no baka
    Also gotta do some quick research on how much some of these sticks are so I don't take more than I put. Gonna research tonight, buy cigars tomorrow and get the box pass to Drake as soon as we hook up.
    While getting it done you made a mistake. When joining a Pass or anything else the cigars should be in your humi. Your pulling a reganyouth. Sean even made a comment about this.

If you feel you are capable of these things then come one, come 15. To give you an idea of the types of cigars that will be in the pass to start here is a teaser (final list to be posted once participants are accounted for): Opus X, Padron 1926, La Aurora Preferido 100 Aņos, ISOM's, La Casa Grande Reserve (local cigar shop premium). In other words, cigars of a value of 8 dollars and up. To avoid what happened to CigarSarge via ReaganYouth, do not get in on this pass if you currently do not have any medium to high end smokes. Do this if in your humidor are medium-high end cigars already.
    Main reason I didn't join in. While it's fun to play you also have to be able to pass on the fun when you don't meet the requirements.

DG
    Last edited by Diesel Grinch; 11-18-2005 at 11:55 PM. Reason: spelling got me again

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Grinch
    Chris I'm not going to bust you balls on the communication thing the others got you on that and having PC problems happens.

What I'm going to call you on is this.

While getting it done you made a mistake. When joining a Pass or anything else the cigars should be in your humi. Your pulling a reganyouth. Sean even made a comment about this.

Main reason I didn't join in. While it's fun to play you also have to be able to pass on the fun when you don't met the requirements.

DG

I got it, thanks.

OK please let me know how this looks:

Takes

Carlos Torano 2004 Torpedo
    La Aurora Preferidos 1903 Ltd Reserve #1 Maduro

Puts

Carlos Torano Virtuoso Torpedo
    Griffins XXI Special Edition

Those are fine, and Baka really didn't want to piss anyone off, he's sorry, so, you're forgiven...case closed We will have a happy box pass, we will have a happy box pass I appreciate Basil, GF's, and Diesel's comments, they made valid points, but Baka definitely said, right on, so he's good in my book.

Best,
    Sean

OK I am about to call Drake and set up a meet, that will save 1-2 days mailing time. This is a learning experience for me, so I will be more prompt in the future, thanks for being understanding.

I've sat back and watched this thread unfold... I've purposefully not said anything - I was most interested in how this would play out... I'm VERY pleased with the way this ended... Kudo's to all involved in the discussion!!!

19. Default

Kudos to you guys for working this out without blood letting. This board is making some good BOTLs.

Blog Entries

I haven't been following the thread since my turn in the rotation which was very early. So, I see we're having a little "controversy" people made their points and no harsh words were exchanged, that's a GOOD thing!

In all fairness to CNB, IMO he didn't hold the pass up for an inordinate amount of time and his explanation was reasonable.

Everything seems to have worked out fine so PASS ON!
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Thread Information