Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ball and Chain Pass Offical Thread

Default The Ball and Chain Pass Offical Thread

As a reminder, I have called it the Ball and Chain pass because I am getting married on January 7th, 2006 to my wonderful fiance Michelle. We have 17 participants (including me), though George, Alex and Hale are having a three-way to combine and become Captain Planet. Again, if you are unsure of the rules, read the links.

About a Cigar Pass
    Rules of a Cigar Pass

The basic premise is, equal takes to equal puts, rapid turn around, and consistent/constant communication.

I am excited to see many BOTL's I have had the chance to interact with personally or via snail-mail joining the pass. I am also excited for the guys I have not had this chance with yet. Below is the final roster of participants (in pass order) and also cigars:

Participants:
    BigMacFU (Host)
    Bkcloud (glad he could make it) (DONE)
    CoventryCat (DONE)
    rpcky16 (DONE)
    nhcigarfan (DONE)
    Hex (DONE)
    Godfather (DONE)
    Basil (DONE)
    Grand Cru (DONE)
    Cigar No Baka (DONE)
    Drake (DONE)
    CigarSarge
    KayakinBoy
    Superman78
    Ggiese ( )
    AlexGTP ( HERFED TOGETHER!!! )
    GTPHale ( )
    BigMacFU (Host)

In the box will be pages with the original list of cigars, and the order of participants with addresses, spaces below each participant and address for their puts and takes. Since I used columns to save paper space, if you get confused on the order, double check back here. Once a participant is done, they cross out their own name. Puts and takes not only must be written on these pages, but posted on the board in this thread! After each put/take, I will update the initial post in this thread (this one) with the updated cigar list. If you have any questions about your puts and takes, get them approved by me and a panel of secret pop-celebrity judges. Seriously, if you're unsure, just ask. Finally, make sure when you post your put/takes you post the DC# for the next person in line. Every time the box is shipped, it must be done with a DC# and Priority Mail. If you are going to be out of town when a package is expected (priority shipping every time, so you know 2-3 days), let us know so we do not inadvertently send the package and have it sit in the PO for days. That's all for the rules and regulations.

This is going to be a great pass, glad to be a part of this guys. If guys like CC or Giese or others who have hosted passes have any suggestions, let me know.

Cigar List:
    San Cristobal de la Hab. La Fuerza--1
    Padron 1926 Maduro #6--1
    Padron 1926 Natural #6--1
    Padron '64 Exclusivo maduro--1
    Padron 64 Imperial maduro--1
    Carlos Torano Tribute 2004 Torpedo--1
    La Aurora Preferidos 1903 Ltd Reserve #1 Maduro--1
    Diamond Crown Maximus #4 Toro--2
    La Casa Grande Reserve/Anniversario Maduro--1 (Largest and longest non-banded cigars)
    Partagas ISOM--1 (Skinnier and medium length non-banded cigars)
    Fonseca ISOM--1 (Skinniest and shortest non-banded cigars)
    Punch Grand Cru #2 Maduro--1
    Gurkha Legend Torpedo--1
    San Cristobal la punta--1
    Bolivar Corona extra ISOM--1
    Carlos Torano Signature Collection Torpedo--1
    Cuesta Rey Sungrown--1
    Partagas Black Label Bravo--1
    Opus X Double Corona--1
    Perdomo La Tradicion Series P cameroon--1
    Perdomo 2 Torfecto Mad.--1
    Opus X Super Belicoso--1
    Ashton magnum--1
    Padron 1926 #2--1
    Carlos Torano Exodus 1959 Torpedo--1
    DCMax #5--1
    Graycliff Expresso robusto--1
    La Gloria Cubana Reserva Figurados Felicias Maduro--1
    Total Cigars--29

Check out this link for information on the La Casa Grande Reserve/Anniversario cigars (they're 8.00 BTW).
    Last edited by BigMacFU; 11-21-2005 at 05:54 PM.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Line-up looks great!

Raisins: + 12 1/2
    Termites: 5.56

Alright, I still need addresses from: Superman78, Drake, Kayakin' Boy, and CC. I'm not spending my time culling through your profiles, so e-mail me your addresses already you bums!!!
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigMacFU
    Alright, I still need addresses from: Superman78, Drake, Kayakin' Boy, and CC. I'm not spending my time culling through your profiles, so e-mail me your addresses already you bums!!!
    You lazy bastid, Superman's is in the heading of EVERY post he makes and mine is posted just about everywhere but here

I've got Drake's and KB's if you need them
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

You should make the line up in an order around the country to save on shipping costs between the participants.

Something like this:

CoventryCat86 CT (GO UCONN oh and one of a handful of Astros fans in New England )
    nhcigarfan NH (Live Free or DIE!)
    rpcky16 ME (?) (Vacationland )
    Superman78 OH
    KayakinBoy TN (GO VOLS)
    CigarSarge TN
    Ggiese IL (White Sox )
    AlexGTP IL (White Sox )
    GTPHale IL (White Sox )
    Godfather ?? (CA)
    Basil AZ or TX
    Grand Cru TX (NBA Titletown)
    Drake TX
    Lopaka TX
    Cigar No Baka TX (ASTROLAND )
    Hex1848 FL (Seminole Country even though he's a Gators fan at heart )
    BigMacFU NY (Home of the team that LOST to the Angels )

I'm not quite sure where Basil & godfather are located (I guessed) and you might want to fine tune the order of the four Texas guys to minimize distance traveled between them.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 10-17-2005 at 03:48 AM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Thanks for the info CC, I am definitely putting it in a geographic order. Got it all set up Still want the addresses e-mailed to me for record keeping's sake.

I want something like this mailed to me at work. PM Sent.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    You should make the line up in an order around the country to save on shipping costs between the participants.

Something like this:

CoventryCat86 CT (GO UCONN oh and one of a handful of Astros fans in New England )
    nhcigarfan NH (Live Free or DIE!)
    rpcky16 ME (?) (Vacationland )
    Superman78 OH
    KayakinBoy TN (GO VOLS)
    CigarSarge TN
    Ggiese IL (White Sox )
    AlexGTP IL (White Sox )
    GTPHale IL (White Sox )
    Godfather ?? (CA)
    Basil AZ or TX
    Grand Cru TX (NBA Titletown)
    Drake TX
    Lopaka TX
    Cigar No Baka TX (ASTROLAND )
    Hex1848 FL (Seminole Country even though he's a Gators fan at heart )
    BigMacFU NY (Home of the team that LOST to the Angels )

I'm not quite sure where Basil & godfather are located (I guessed) and you might want to fine tune the order of the four Texas guys to minimize distance traveled between them.

WTF?!?! Arizona??? Please tell me you're joking!

Actually, for us five Texas guys, there's a service here, Lonestar Overnight, www.lso.com, that'll overnight anything within the state for a pretty reasonable rate.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Blog Entries

Sorry Basil, I didn't have your address in my spreadsheet but I knew you were south west of me (well 44 of the 50 states are "south west" of me )
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 10-17-2005 at 11:21 AM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Blog Entries

Sadly, I have to bow out of this pass...PM BigMacFU with the details. Holidays and Family won't premint me a pass with my current "commitments". Everyone enjoy, maybe next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lopaka
    Sadly, I have to bow out of this pass...PM BigMacFU with the details. Holidays and Family won't premint me a pass with my current "commitments". Everyone enjoy, maybe next time.

Alright boys, the box goes out this Wednesday!!! Check the initial post for the order of people. Since Lopaka had to sit out, I threw an invite to my Herf co-host BKCloud, he has yet to respond, but hopefully he will soon.

14. Default CoventryCat86...

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    "You should make the line up in an order around the country to save on shipping costs between the participants.

Something like this:

Godfather ?? (CA)

I'm not quite sure where Basil & godfather are located (I guessed)..."
    Yeah, good guess indeed! Stalker....*runs*....

BTW, haven't heard a word from Drake, is he alright? Anyone have his address? Drake, if you're out there and able, e-mail it to me tonight!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigMacFU
    BTW, haven't heard a word from Drake, is he alright? Anyone have his address? Drake, if you're out there and able, e-mail it to me tonight!!!
    I have an address for Drake but I think he has since moved.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Well, again, I hope he is alright, but if he doesn't get his info out to me today, then he's gonna have to sit out of this pass. The box goes out tomorrow afternoon and heading your way CC.

The Drake has been located in Humble Pie Tejas

OK guys.... I'm in !!!!

Swisher sweets and Phillie Blunts are ready to go......

I PMed Sean with my info..

Thread Information