Thread: Michelob Sampler Pack

reaganyouth84 Guest

Default Michelob Sampler Pack

A friend of mine was at the grocery store the other day and saw that Michelob had a holiday sampler pack out. There are 18 beers in all, 3 beers of 6 different flavors. Also included in the box are 2 pretty nice beer glasses, and some recipe cards that have recipes where you can cook food with the different types of beer in the pack. It's called the Michelob Ales&Lager pack. I think the whole thing is like $17.99, which I didn't think was too bad. I hate Michelob, but the few beers I have drank in this sampler pack have surprised me. It comes with Pumpkin Spice, Amber Bock, Lager, Pale Ale, Marzan, and Honey Wheat. Just wondering if anyone else has seen, or picked this up?

-Mike

haven't tried any Michelob yet. so far i've had guiness, mgd, millerlite, corona and negro modelo.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
    and I'm not sure about the former." -
    Albert Einstein

reaganyouth84 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mithril
    haven't tried any Michelob yet. so far i've had guiness, mgd, millerlite, corona and negro modelo.
    I'm not a fan of Michelob, but everything in this sampler back, except the Amber Bock, is only available in the sampler. What I've tried so far has been good.

-Mike

i'll keep an eye out for it. course if i like it, i won't be able to get it year round.
    Albert Einstein

I'll ask my cousin to pick up a couple for the next time that I visit. The problem is that I already have my favorite recipes involving beer including the following two:

• Pour beer in glass and drink quickly.
    • Forget the glass

Oh, and I do like Michelob ultra, shame on me.
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

reaganyouth84 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by stjohnroe
    I'll ask my cousin to pick up a couple for the next time that I visit. The problem is that I already have my favorite recipes involving beer including the following two:

• Pour beer in glass and drink quickly.
    • Forget the glass

Oh, and I do like Michelob ultra, shame on me.
    LOL, yeah, that's how I feel about it. The only thing I've done with beer besides drink it is boil bratwursts in it, and I marinated some steaks in it once.

-Mike

Beer batter, nice on fish.

I had the opportunity to try Amber Bock while on the tour of the Anheuser-Busch factory. I am really not a big fan of dark beers..... but this one was good. I have not been able to find it in any distibutors near me yet.....

Oh well..... I guess that could be a good thing

PS..... best thing about the Anheuser-Busch factory tour........... FREE SAMPLES

reaganyouth84 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bkcloud114
    I had the opportunity to try Amber Bock while on the tour of the Anheuser-Busch factory. I am really not a big fan of dark beers..... but this one was good. I have not been able to find it in any distibutors near me yet.....

Oh well..... I guess that could be a good thing

PS..... best thing about the Anheuser-Busch factory tour........... FREE SAMPLES
    I will have to look into that. I don't live too far from the Jack Daniel's distillery. I've never been on the tour, but my friends have before. The best I can remember, they said NO SAMPLES!!! What is really funny is that the distillery is in a DRY county. Kind of ironic.

-Mike

10. Default

"Dry county"... What is wrong with this world?

I've had the marzen, not hoppy enough for me. I brew a marez style myself.

Default I actually like the Holiday Sampler

and I'm sorta lucky in this department, since my wife is the Comptroller for an Anheuser Busch distributor I get ALL my beer for free! That's why I didn't get married until I was 28. Do you have ANY idea how hard it is to find a good-looking, available woman who runs a beer distributor and doesn't mind cigar smoke?
    Gary Griffith
    Humidor Manager

Cigar-ette City

Email here

lol! lucky man
    Albert Einstein

Blog Entries

Default chicken and beer

The BEST roasted chicken...

http://www.gotailgate.com/tailgater/...ion&linkid=234

Insert a half can of beer into this contraption, shove it up the birds butt and throw it on the grill. I got mine about 2 years ago from the sporting goods store I worked at and use it every time I want chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by heftysmokes
    The BEST roasted chicken...

http://www.gotailgate.com/tailgater/...ion&linkid=234

Insert a half can of beer into this contraption, shove it up the birds butt and throw it on the grill. I got mine about 2 years ago from the sporting goods store I worked at and use it every time I want chicken.

Beer Can chicken is the best. I have been doing it for a while now. I always said that I wished they had some sort of rack so it was not so hard to get the chicken to stay on the can. Well shit, I guess I missed on another opportunity to make my millions.

reaganyouth84 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jonsey5484
    Beer Can chicken is the best. I have been doing it for a while now. I always said that I wished they had some sort of rack so it was not so hard to get the chicken to stay on the can. Well shit, I guess I missed on another opportunity to make my millions.
    I've seen that thing in Cabela's catalog. It looks really cool.

-Mike

Blog Entries

It really does work well. You can sub any type of thing in an empty can, too. The wife likes orange juice. We've tried apple, orange, (both pretty good), Coke...the best is still beer. A half can of Bud Heavy with a tablespoon of crushed garlic in the can is about the best it can get.
    And Budweiser, Coors, Miller Hi-Life seem to work the best for us. I don't often drink this kind of beer (prefer the Hefe's and Belgian style) but it seems to cook into the bird the best.

All this talk about it has decided me on what I'll be cooking for dinner (plus it's a good excuse to buy more beer!)

OMG, this is the first time that I have heard of this, can't wait for the summer, new party trick. Does this work in the oven?

Quote Originally Posted by stjohnroe
    OMG, this is the first time that I have heard of this, can't wait for the summer, new party trick. Does this work in the oven?

sure does, super easy and tasty.
    Another way to do it is to use a angle food cake pan, the one with the hollow tube in the middle. If you set the bottom over a pan it just covers, sort of like a lid, then pour any liquid into the lower pan,beer, wine, etc, you can then put the chicken on so the body cavity slides down over the tube thing. This way you can use anything, including tea. I have found apple cider works magic on chicken.
    Last edited by nhcigarfan; 11-02-2005 at 10:11 PM.

Thread Information