Thread: Favorite computer games

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Favorite computer games

So far, my all-time favorite has to be Thief the Dark Project followed closely by Half Life 2. Also, has anybody here checked out the demo for F.E.A.R.? It's going to come out in a few days, but from the looks of it, I think it'll be intense as all get out.

2. Default

Thief was a GREAT game... It used to STRESS ME OUT!

My all time favorite has to be the No One Lives Forever (NOLF) games. The first one was CLASSIC! They have a goofy 60's spy thriller theme and a great storyline (although the cutscenes were kind of long and tedious). It had the widest array of locales I've ever seen in a game. It starts out in Morocco, you end up in space, Siberia, and there's even one level that's in freefall, falling out of an airplane!

There was an old-school flight sim along those lines (Jetfighter III, I think). I remember the first mission was identifying something they thought was a cruise missile, but it was actually a 727. It had a storyline where the Soviets were attacking southern CA though Mexico. That was pretty cool... (and it came on 2 3.5" floppies)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperChuck

My all time favorite has to be the No One Lives Forever (NOLF) games. The first one was CLASSIC! They have a goofy 60's spy thriller theme and a great storyline (although the cutscenes were kind of long and tedious). It had the widest array of locales I've ever seen in a game. It starts out in Morocco, you end up in space, Siberia, and there's even one level that's in freefall, falling out of an airplane!

I played that game also, loved it. I let a friend borrow it a while back, probably will never see it again. The music disk that came with the game was classic.

Yeah, I thought NOLF was great fun, too. I got a big kick out of the multiplayer side where you could run people over with a snowmobile. What a blast! The sequel, however, just didn't capture the feel of the first one for me. Monolith was the developer for NOLF and they are also the company making F.E.A.R. They know how to make a fun FPS that's for sure.

5. Default

counterstrike source for me,still enjoy 1.6 also

Yeah I always enjoyed counter strike. I really enjoyed half-life (the first one). My laptop can't handle the new one.

I also really enjoyed team fortress. Just something about 30 or so individuals playing like that was a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by gtphale
    counterstrike source for me
    I second this motion! Been playing since the original. Tried and true....

I played some Fortress and Half Life online back in the day. Also C&C Red Alert.

I wasted a few years of my life playing UO....
    Last edited by Roham; 12-09-2005 at 09:32 PM.
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

8. Default half-life all the way

the orignal half-life i liked alot ... beat it a lot of times to... also the mods counter-strike, tfc, half-life death match. I havn't had a chance to play the whole half life 2 because i dont have a fast enough comp... but i did play it for 45 min in microcenter and loved it

pc version of final fantasy 7
    i used to be a world of warcraft addict, but i got rid of it. it was becoming a problem
    max payne

for gamecube:
    mario kart
    zelda orcarina of time
    time splitters 2

ps2:
    all gta's
    final fantasy x

10. Default

I like to play Guild Wars. Freaking Ex-girlfriends brother got me playing the dead blasted game.

I play some Half-life 2 and Counter Strike : source.

Having a computer that can run Half-Life 2.. it takes a pretty beasty computer.

I've been playing games since the Master System so it is hard but if I had to pick an all time favorite series it would be King's Quest.
    End of line.

Thread Information