Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite computer games

Default Favorite computer games

So far, my all-time favorite has to be Thief the Dark Project followed closely by Half Life 2. Also, has anybody here checked out the demo for F.E.A.R.? It's going to come out in a few days, but from the looks of it, I think it'll be intense as all get out.

2. Default

Thief was a GREAT game... It used to STRESS ME OUT!

My all time favorite has to be the No One Lives Forever (NOLF) games. The first one was CLASSIC! They have a goofy 60's spy thriller theme and a great storyline (although the cutscenes were kind of long and tedious). It had the widest array of locales I've ever seen in a game. It starts out in Morocco, you end up in space, Siberia, and there's even one level that's in freefall, falling out of an airplane!

There was an old-school flight sim along those lines (Jetfighter III, I think). I remember the first mission was identifying something they thought was a cruise missile, but it was actually a 727. It had a storyline where the Soviets were attacking southern CA though Mexico. That was pretty cool... (and it came on 2 3.5" floppies)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperChuck

My all time favorite has to be the No One Lives Forever (NOLF) games. The first one was CLASSIC! They have a goofy 60's spy thriller theme and a great storyline (although the cutscenes were kind of long and tedious). It had the widest array of locales I've ever seen in a game. It starts out in Morocco, you end up in space, Siberia, and there's even one level that's in freefall, falling out of an airplane!

I played that game also, loved it. I let a friend borrow it a while back, probably will never see it again. The music disk that came with the game was classic.

Yeah, I thought NOLF was great fun, too. I got a big kick out of the multiplayer side where you could run people over with a snowmobile. What a blast! The sequel, however, just didn't capture the feel of the first one for me. Monolith was the developer for NOLF and they are also the company making F.E.A.R. They know how to make a fun FPS that's for sure.

5. Default

counterstrike source for me,still enjoy 1.6 also

Yeah I always enjoyed counter strike. I really enjoyed half-life (the first one). My laptop can't handle the new one.

I also really enjoyed team fortress. Just something about 30 or so individuals playing like that was a blast.

My comp. can't handle real good games. But, X-Com is a good game. Diablo wasn't too bad either.

I'm playing Mafia for the PC, and I have played America's Army for a year or so.

Mafia kicked ass! That Paulie character was definitely influenced by Joe Pesci. And that city looked incredible as well.

Gran Turismo 4 for me, hooked on the damn thing!
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Wipeout on the PSP at the moment, waiting for the GTA title to be released.
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

Thief is definatly pretty high on my list. The part when you lose your depth perception was fairly creepy. The Hitman series was pretty good, but i've gotta say, my favorite game of all time is Master of Magic. great strategy game circa 1995. Sneaking around, and killing people is fun, but MoM is a classic.
    "A good cigar, a good cutter, good friends and a good 3700° F lighter is all you really need." ~Me

Age of Empires use to be a good game.

Quote Originally Posted by cigar no baka
    Gran Turismo 4 for me, hooked on the damn thing!
    I am with you....I love the racing games. I am hooked on NFS Underground 2.

Default Racing games

Some of my favorite games were Motocross Madness 1 & 2 , ATV offroad Fury 1 & 2 and Need for Speed Underground 1 & 2 . But alas a game I can just pop in and play whenever is GTA Vice City , lot's to do to fit whatever the mood is .

DOOM 3, Half Life 2 and its Mods. Day of Defeat Source is amazing. Check it out if you havent yet already.
    With glasses high, we raised a cry - freedom had arrived

And just Halo on PC. I also have the Halo Xbox. Halo's probably the only game I like.

Wish I had one of these for halloween

I think the best computer games ever were the Quest for Glory series from Sierra. Gosh I wish they just went through and remade them all (not graphics and all that) so they'd work on modern OS's.

Escape Velocity series has to be my next favorite.

Then Knights of the Old Republic.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba -NJ
    Some of my favorite games were Motocross Madness 1 & 2 , ATV offroad Fury 1 & 2 and Need for Speed Underground 1 & 2 . But alas a game I can just pop in and play whenever is GTA Vice City , lot's to do to fit whatever the mood is .
    Yeah, GTA is a great game. I love picking up the hookers and then beating them up and taking your money back.

I beat Vice City, but not the other two

Thread Information