Thread: Spanish Cedar supply

Default Spanish Cedar supply

I was wondering if anybody knew of some good places (sites, stores etc.) to get spanish cedar. Also, i happen to have a kiln, and was wondering if anybody knew if i would be able to kiln-dry my own spanish cedar (if i can only find non-kiln dried).
    "A good cigar, a good cutter, good friends and a good 3700° F lighter is all you really need." ~Me

Blog Entries

may want to try some Cigar Shops. The one I went to in OKC get cedar away for free

I was actually looking for a source or sheets thicker than i'd get from used boxes etc. I will probably get some that way, but i'm gonna need some thicker sheets for other things.
    "A good cigar, a good cutter, good friends and a good 3700° F lighter is all you really need." ~Me

Check your yellow pages for hardwood, sawmills, lumber yards, cabnet supply, ect and start calling.

Default Here's a place

Spanish Cedar

Everyplace else I found had it in 4/4 and 5/4, but a more refined google search than I did might turn up something
    Gary Griffith
    Humidor Manager

Cigar-ette City

Email here

I would try froogle.com search engine. Owned by Google, but searches strictly in the marketplace. Great search engine.
    "Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar."
    -- Mark Twain

250 West !08th Street, NY, NY 10025 (if your so inclined to send me something)

I searched specialty woods in the yellow pages online. I had to call a few places, but I eventually found a 10 foot by 8 inch sheet 1/4 inch thick for $25. 1/2 mile from my job.

I founbd a specialty wood shop in my town that carries it...If I remember rightly it cost something outrageous like $120 for a 4X6 sheet. I decided I didn't need any.

250 West !08th Street, NY, NY 10025 (if your so inclined to send me something)

Quote Originally Posted by thepyrofish
    I founbd a specialty wood shop in my town that carries it...If I remember rightly it cost something outrageous like $120 for a 4X6 sheet. I decided I didn't need any.
    Phishy, that is a major rip off. I'm sure for a few bucks extra a legit wood shop would ship it to you at a normal price.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibumi
    I searched specialty woods in the yellow pages online. I had to call a few places, but I eventually found a 10 foot by 8 inch sheet 1/4 inch thick for $25. 1/2 mile from my job.
    That is an unbelievable deal. If you look for cedar online, 4x8 sheets can cost as much as $500 per.

One thing I did, in addition to calling around, was check ebay. There are several guys on there that sell pieces, whom you can email and order the sizes you need.

cool, thanks guys.

Spanish Cedar isnt that expensive, yall should look into buying some of the exotics that are accually rare.

no, thanks. I'd rather have a wood that does something useful -- like protect my sticks from bugs, and help age them-- than an expensive peice of decorative wood.

Thread Information