Thread: A few Coolerdor assembly questions .

Default A few Coolerdor assembly questions .

I've decide to assemble a coolerdor . I will use the Heartfelt beads (as raved about on this board) . Do the beads ever wear out ? I'm going to start with a 48qt. cooler . How many beads do I need ? What should I put the beads in ? I want to get some spanish cedar trays for cigars that I purchase loosely . Does anyone know where I can get these trays ? I found some at Bargainhumidors.com , but I would like to be able to compare some from a few different vendor's . I did a search on this site for the cedar trays and was directed to bargainhumidors .com for them . I checked ebay for the trays as well , but no luck . I'll also put in a digital hygrometer . Any help is always appreciated .

Fist off, Happy Birthday.

Probably a pound of beads, you can just put them in a small plastic tupperware.

Go to your local smoke shop, mooch some empty cedar boxes, take the top off, drill some holes in the bottom (optional) and there you go for the shelves.

Digital is fine, but the beads should self-regulate.

The beads never wear out, but they can break up if moistened too quickly. (They still function though).
    I keep mine in one of the porous bags he sells at heartfelt. He also sells aluminum trays. When they need moistening, I spray the bag (using a spray bottle I bought for a buck) and shake the bag up a bit. Some people do the same thing using panty hose.

A digital hygrometer is nice, especially if you can't easily see the beads. It'll tell you when/if you need to moisten them, or dry them out. I have two; one by Don Salvatore, another by Little Havana. Both seem to work fine. I've also seen some at Walmart for under $10, but am not sure how accurate they are.
    "There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar. " -Prince Sined Yar Maharg

Default Thank you for the info

Now if I could just find someone to sell me some spanish cedar trays . Or maybe I'll have to stop being lazy and make some .

Default Cooledor assembly

To start off I bought 4 mesh bags to put the 65% heartfelt beads (1 lb total) in and tied them up , have them hanging on brass hooks inside the coleman 70 qt. 5 day cooler (freebie - woohoo) .I have a Western Digital Caliber III on the way . I was going to stand it on end but have since decided to place it the way it was designed to be . I will make some shelves out of Spanish Cedar to sit on the ledge inside the cooledor . It will live in my basement . Thank you for the advice board members .

You can purchase Spanish Cedar Trays from Bargain Humidors They're butt slow on custom-coolidor liners, so don't get those, but they almost always have the trays in stock, they're nice and big. Then, combine a couple trays and cigar boxes and you've got plenty of cedar to absorb moisture.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

I went to there and found nothing. Anybody have a link? Thanks

Blog Entries

Well, not knowing what that link points to, but inferring that it points to empty cedar trays...

They don't appear to be selling empty trays at this time. Of unrelated interest, they are selling a very nice looking Humidor called the Gettysburg Glass Top. I think that is a pretty good price, too.
    puro pot pass VI loser

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

Quote Originally Posted by illilli
    snip...., they are selling a very nice looking Humidor called the Gettysburg Glass Top. I think that is a pretty good price, too.
    WOW, that price looks almost too good to be true!!!!

I have a 152quart igloo cooler that I use. I set it on end (drainhole down) since it has slots in it, I added metal shelves (from the modular shelving you can build) Three satche bags with beads from Heartfelt (Thanks Viper) and two oust fans.

Then with cigar boxes and bundles hold steady at 65%

note: The oust fans run for 5 minutes the off for 15 minutes, so the air is in constant motion.
    No Veterans, No U.S.A.

11. Default

What are oust fans? Where would you locate them? Would one be needed for a 50qt? Thank You in advance.

Oust fans are room deoderizers (sp) just leave the perfume bottle out.
    No Veterans, No U.S.A.

Famous Schmokes.com sells grates:

http://www.famous-smoke.com/cigars/s...cfm/inum/17530
    In spite of all evidence to the contrary, the entire universe is composed of only two basic substances: Magic and bullshit.

Thread Information