Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World Series

Default World Series

Not much into baseball, but I'll watch the World Series. Who's rooting for which teams?

I'm rooting for the NL team, don't want those bastige south siders to think they have a team worth watching after all. BTW, White Sox fans, you guys actually sell out any of the World Series games? It's hard to fill a parking lot that big with fair-weather fans.

My Dad is at the game tonight, I told him GO CUBS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

3. Default

Going with the Chi Sox.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMacFU
    I'm rooting for the NL team, don't want those bastige south siders to think they have a team worth watching after all. BTW, White Sox fans, you guys actually sell out any of the World Series games? It's hard to fill a parking lot that big with fair-weather fans.

My Dad is at the game tonight, I told him GO CUBS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, okay... Did the White Sox sell out... I hate to tell you this - but I believe Sox tickets are now going for more than Cubs tickets were during the playoffs... The bare minimum tickets, worst seats in the house are upwards of $750. Decent seats are over $2,000.00.

Friggen turn-coat....

LOL, George, my dad is 17th row behind 1st base, he didn't pay anything like that and he's a Cubs Season Ticket holder. If they actually are sold out, which I doubt, it's probably because of die-hard folks like Bill, or Grand Cru from Houston buying the tickets, cause Lord knows that there aren't enough real Sox fans in Chicago to fill that place (otherwise they'd be there every game, selling out over 75% of the regular season)
    Last edited by BigMacFU; 10-23-2005 at 08:48 PM. Reason: BTW, i knew I'd get grandpa to comment :smiley14:
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Blog Entries

LMFAO!!!!

Andy Pettitte just picked off a runner on first to end the inning!

I've been an Astros fan for over 31 years so to answer your question QuietC:

GO ASTROS !!!
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

bigpoppapuff Guest

i'm sure the ratings will be lower than past years...but,it should be a fun series....
    .........my yankees are watching after golf........grrrr....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff
    i'm sure the ratings will be lower than past years...but,it should be a fun series....
    .........my yankees are watching after golf........grrrr....
    I dunno BPP, Chicago is the 3rd largest city in the country and Houston is the 4th, they both have pretty good fan bases.

The Yankees had a GREAT year, nothing to be mad at there. I root for the Red Sox in the American League BUT I admire and respect the finish by the Yankees this year.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

GRAND SLAM!!!! WOO-HOOO!!!! There ya go!!!

Hey, BigMac - go watch your fabulous Yankees... Oh, that's right - they're watching the Sox and Houston play right now...

At least your dad got to see a great play!!!

Blog Entries

Another bad call....... Dye did NOT get hit by that pitch and then Konerko hits a grand slam...

Total bull$hit.....
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    Another bad call....... Dye did NOT get hit by that pitch and then Konerko hits a grand slam...

Total bull$hit.....

The Astros are done.

bigpoppapuff Guest

'stro's just tied it......ain't dead yet....

Blog Entries

How 'bout DAT!
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge
    The Astros are done.
    Now, now, if the Cardinals were there I'd at least be happy for ya. for making it "interesting"
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

bigpoppapuff Guest

a stolen base guy...scott podsednik hits a home run to win it for the pale sox.......coventry cat can't be happy!!!!.....

16. Default

Bring out the brooms. I smell a SWEEP.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge
    Bring out the brooms. I smell a SWEEP.
    No, that only happens to the Cardinals
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86

Total bull$hit.....
    Oh stop your whinin' crap, would ya?? For God's sake, man... Get yourself together...

Chicago is going to Houston... this can't be good....

Yeah its time for Houston to win a game in the WS. But I dont belive they will do much.

Chicago in 6.
    J. Brooks
    jb1026@gmail.com

Live as if you would die tomorrow, Learn as though you would live forever.

I'm not worried. Next 3 in Houston. And if the Good Guys head back to Chicago with a 3-2 lead, the Chisox are in trouble.

Raisins: + 12 1/2
    Termites: 5.56

Thread Information