Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jacks Tobacco- Nov 12

Default Jacks Tobacco- Nov 12

Some of us from cbid will be at Jacks on November 12th. We have not set a time yet. I'll post it when I get it firmmed up.
    Remember to breathe

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Porthos
    Some of us from cbid will be at Jacks on November 12th. We have not set a time yet. I'll post it when I get it firmmed up.
    Just let me know what time you are planning on. I am on call for the fire department from 9am to 3pm. If you were planning it during the day just let me know in advance and I can get someone to cover me. If you were thinking the evening....I will have to check with the wife to make sure that she did not plan anything.

Ok... Where's Jack's Tobacco at??

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese
    Ok... Where's Jack's Tobacco at??
    In Milwaukee, WI. Well, technically Brookfield. Jacks Tobacco

Talked to Mary at Jacks

1:00 pm Saturday November 12

they close at 6:00 pm
    Remember to breathe

I'm there!!

Also that day at Derry Hegertys Irish Pub is a chili cookoff between the Police and Fire departments hosted by one of the cbid members Pipe and Drum Corp band. He is a fireman and bagpiper.

54 & Bluemound not far from Miller Park. That starts at 3:00 and goes until 9:00pm.

I don't know about mixing in drinks and chili with cigars
    Remember to breathe

I will be at Jack's at 1pm. If you want to go over to that chile cookoff too, let me know. It sounds like a good time.

I wiill be doing both.
    Remember to breathe

Sounds great to me! I still have your cell phone number, we will talk before then.

Anyone else from the board want to meet us at Jack's on Nov. 12??

There are going to be just a few of us.
    Remember to breathe

I'm working until 7 that evening - and then it's an hour from my house... I'd love to go, but I doubt you two will still be there....

sorry i won't be able to go. i got to work and i had it in my mind that it was the 23rd. so in short i asked for that day off and the 12th is already schedualled. i was really looking forward to going too.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
    and I'm not sure about the former." -
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese
    I'm working until 7 that evening - and then it's an hour from my house... I'd love to go, but I doubt you two will still be there....
    We won't be at Jacks but we will still be at Hegarty's pub for the cop and firemen chili cookoff. 54th and Bluemound. Enough time for a good cigar and a beer or seven.

From Cbid Forum:

Ok gang...Here is a little shout out to our Milwaukee area friends....and a shameless plug as well.

Saturday November 12th 2005 at Derry Hegerty's Irish Pub (54th & Bluemound)..

The Greater Milwaukee Area Pipe and Drum Band (of which I am a member...bagpipes...) will be hosting a firefighter vs police chili cookoff.
    I am also a firefighter and will have a chili entered into the competition. Festivities begin at 3pm and go until roughly 9pm.
    This is our one and only fundraiser for our band. The primary mission of our band is to be available and to play funerals for our brother and sisters that fall in the line of duty in the Wisconsin area. It is not a duty we cherish but one that we feel needs to be done. We also march in many local parades and play requested engagments that are more lighthearted. The money we raise goes to help pay for band supplies. Kilts and transportation should we have a road trip. we are also saving to go to Washington DC in 2007 as the host band for a HUGE memorial.

This is not a request for funds...

This is just to let all the BOTL's/SOTL's in the area to stop out and play for a day...to vote for MY chili...to come smoke a cigar or two (derrys is cigar freindly) and enjoy an afternoon. We have lots of entertainment lined up as well as celebrity judges (KB from WKLH, Charlie Sykes from WTMJ Christine Finerty of Milwaukee Magazine) The Milwaukee Fire Dept Chief as well as The Milwaukee Police Department Chief will be on hand as well.

Our band will be playing. Celtic Nation Pipe band will play. Folk singer Barry Dodd will be there along with Irish Dancers...The Main Band is "Frogwater" a local group that is really a ton of fun. Raffel tickets are available on site for what we believe is one of the greatest raffels around and very well run. Tickets are available thru me for $5ea. (email me and I will get them to you ) or are just $7 at the door and that gets you all the chili you can eat (or until it runs out). At this time we have 7 different chili teams signed up.

Last year I took 4th out of 5 entries so I am coming back with a vegence!!!!! I have tweaked the recipe and am ready to go.

its a lot of fun.....and yes I will be wearing my kilt.....so stop on out!!!

Thanks.
    Mav2112
    Remember to breathe

I am looking forward to this. We are meeting at Jacks first right?? 1 pm?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonsey5484
    I am looking forward to this. We are meeting at Jacks first right?? 1 pm?
    Yes sir.

As far as I understand it:

Jacks 1-3 give or take

Hegartys 3-9 or whenever.

Remember to breathe

Sounds like a great time to me!!

Well, we are approaching the weekend!! All set for Jack's?? I will meet you there at 1 pm. Since I am coming from my house this time, I will be most likely coming up Hwy. 12 to 43, so we will not be able to meet up before hand.

It should be fun call me when you are on your way past HWY 164. That will give me time to meet you there. Jack said he had other people telling him about it too. Should be fun.
    Remember to breathe

Thread Information