Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Review These!!

Just got 'em tonight safe and sound. I will get these smoked on tuesday night and write a review. Thanks again slc.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

Actually I was thinking since shipping from Canada can take up to 2 weeks, I will get my end out as soon as somebody would like to go.

WHO WANTS TO REVIEW THESE???

Daytime Bump

Good to see you got your mailbox key back from Mexico...
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

lol...yeah my aunt gave me a funny look when she brought in 5 cigar packages for me...

COME ON...I HAVE SOME GOOD SMOKES FOR YOU TO REVIEW!!
    Last edited by drew_goring; 03-06-2006 at 11:17 AM.

Come on...somebody? Anybody? I'll even throw in a bonus smoke

Blog Entries

I would but I already did a reveiw about 2 reviews ago LOL

To be honest, this review pif seems to have been a struggle to keep it going since almost the start. It has taken a month for a single play to be made this last time.

It was a great idea, but maybe it's time to put it to bed and stick with the Free Cigars PIF?

It was my fault this was held up due to my mailing method to Canada. Well, and Drew having his mail key in Mexico for a week did not help either.

My personal opinion is that this was fun to try two undbanded mystery cigars, review them and see how it turned out. It was also enjoyable deciding which sticks I would send out. It is a unique thread in the PIF sense.

Again, my apologies for adding to this thread's loss in luster.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Blog Entries

It's a good idea. Maybe we can start this up later down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by drew_goring
    Come on...somebody? Anybody? I'll even throw in a bonus smoke
    Hit me! I'll smoke 'em one after each other. Don't expect a fluffy review, but I'll give it my best shot. I've already got the ones I'd put out for the next person.

Let's not let this noble cause die...

Quote Originally Posted by slcraiders
    It was my fault this was held up due to my mailing method to Canada. Well, and Drew having his mail key in Mexico for a week did not help either.

My personal opinion is that this was fun to try two undbanded mystery cigars, review them and see how it turned out. It was also enjoyable deciding which sticks I would send out. It is a unique thread in the PIF sense.

Again, my apologies for adding to this thread's loss in luster.
    Thanks for stepping up, but this thing has been having problems since the third person sent out sticks. I think it's having to light up immediately that is the real culprit. Sometimes it's not possible to get two sticks in with the intention of posting a detailed review immediately after they arrive. That starts bogging things down and it just snowballs from there. In a PIF or a Pass you grab the sticks, mail the sticks, bam, done. Maybe with winter coming to an end folks might be able to get the smokes in quicker.

I am not the person who started this so it's not like I hold it's life in my hands. But when you look at how long it's been going on and how few people have participated, it's clear something needs to change.

I will try and get them out tomorrow. We'll see what happens after this one.

mauied1101, I'll go next after you. I am a newbie so don't expect a super in-depth review but I'll definitely try. :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wh0re
    mauied1101, I'll go next after you. I am a newbie so don't expect a super in-depth review but I'll definitely try. :)
    Please read the rules of the game before you post.

Abridged version on next in line :

Quote Originally Posted by Mazeman
    2) The "winner" will be the first to claim the cigars, and I'll mail them to him/her.
    But for the eager anticipation!

nm then. Trying to help this thing keep going but that's cool. Don't want to bend the rules. :)

I would like to propose a change to the system. How about when the sticks arrive the question is asked rather than waiting for the reviews. Keep it moving along and help avoid the slowdowns. The reviews would then be required within say a week or so. Give everybody time to to enjoy the sticks and allow for real world concerns but not get the PIF bogged down so much.

Discuss....

Got the package in today's mail... I would have never thought Drew was from Canada except for the outer layer *COMPLETELY* wrapped in Canadian Flag tape... followed by the inner box also COMPLETELY wrapped in what... oh yes, Canadian Flag tape...

Will smoke 'em tomorrow/Monday and post the reviews.

Meanwhile... in alignment with Shag's post, I have two sticks... who wants to review these? C'mon batter batter...

Hope they made it to you in good shape.
    Come on....somebody step up.

Thread Information