Thread: Review These - Reviews

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by spiffykyle View Post
    Thanks bigwhiteash for the sticks. Here is the review for cigar #1.

This was a toro sized stick with a dark smooth wrapper. It felt solid, didn't give too much, and in general looked of good construction.

I enjoyed a Dr. Pepper with this smoke.

After the cut the pre-light draw was just a tad loose for my liking, but the flavor was right on.

It lit up very easily and once lit, the draw was pleasant as well. First thing I noticed is that this seems to be a rather mild smoke, maybe at the milder end of medium. I'm not seeing as much smoke coming off the cigar as I am used to. I don't know if its because it was chilly outside today or what. The cigar didn't change much throughout, just a steady mild, woody flavor.

Slight burn issues but nothing that effected the experience.

I would probably enjoy this as a morning smoke with some coffee.

spiffy
    Review for cigar #2 from bigwhiteash

Another Toro sized, maybe a little bit longer. Dark, slightly toothy wrapper. Not quite as firm as #1 but not squishy at all. I thought I felt a little plug a few inches in though.

Smelled nicely of sweet tobacco. The pre-light draw was tight, probably due to the plug.

After lighting it was indeed a tight draw. It was very windy outside today, hopefully this won't cause burn problems.

I paired this stick with an Arizona Sweet Tea. This was another mild/medium cigar, perhaps closer to medium than #1. One I worked my way past the plug the draw became tolerable. The cigar crept steadily towards medium as I went along, so by the end I could definitely taste some spiciness.

Another breakfast cigar in my book.

I enjoyed both of these cigars and would probably keep a few in my stock for those mornings that I have time to enjoy one. Its difficult for me to decide which is the pricier one. I am going to say that #1 was the more expensive stick.

Thanks bigwhiteash! How'd I do??

spiffy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by spiffykyle View Post
    I am going to say that #1 was the more expensive stick.

Thanks bigwhiteash! How'd I do??

spiffy

Well... you did just right! Very nice reviews

Cigar one was a Gurkha G3 Toro, about $7.50
    Cigar two was a Diably Pimiento, about 2 bucks.

Sorry for the plugged Diablo, I have had a few of them like that, but generally they're a nice medium cigar.

~Dennis~
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Ok...So I sent the review sticks out to Sammis...Looking forward to seeing what he thinks of them.

Hi All

I passed the Fedex guy on the way out from my house when I was leaving for work.

Looks like I'll be working on these this weekend

sammis

Hi All

So Maduro Man, being true to his name, sent me two maduro wrapped cigars

I'm still working on getting familiar with sizes and shapes so this is a guestimate.

Cigar #1 is a BIG cigar, I'd say a Presidente based on the ring size.

Cigar #2 is a smaller cigar, Toro size.

Both are box pressed.

Well I just finished cigar #2.

This cigar reminds me of a Padron or Trinidad based on the flavor profile. Nice dark wrapper with a fine tooth texture, no defects. Very smooth draw. Very nice tobacco taste with just a bit of spice, very smooth finish. It generated a very good quantity of white flavorfull smoke. The ash dropped every 1 1/4 inch.

It gave me a nice hour and 15 minute smoke.

I really liked this one. I look forward to finding out what it is

I'll be smoking the #1 cigar tomorrow afternoon.

Good night all!

sammis

Hi All

So I got to cigar #1 this afternoon.

It had a nice chocolat smell and a really dark, oily wrapper that was a little rough with one blemish where the band was probably located.

The draw was tight to start with and got worse as I went along and finally plugged the cigar after 2 inches.

While I was able to smoke it, it had a good flavor, with a bit of chocolate which carried over from the pre light smell. There wasn't much smoke though.

Overall, it started off to be a nice smoke but plugged before it could develop more.

Based on the taste and the construction, I'm going to have to go with cigar #2 being the more expensive cigar.

So Maduro Man, how did I do?

sammis

PS: Thanks for this opportunity!

Sammis…GREAT reviews on both sticks. Glad you enjoyed both of them. As for your guess you were incorrect. But that does not mean you are WORNG. I find that even though a stick cost more, that doesn’t mean it will be better then a cheap one. The pricier stick was #1!

#1 Trinidad Maduro Churchill 58X7.

#2 Santa Clara 1830 Magnifico (One of MY ALL TIME FAV smokes)

Both are Box pressed and I enjoy both of them very much. Just as you found out…The Trinidad is tightly packed. You really got to work at it to keep it going. The Santa Clara is an ALL Mexican stick…All the tobacco comes from the San Andres Valley in Mexico. As a lot of the guys here will tell you, I feel Mexican sticks get a bad rap… As you have tasted they are a very good smoke. I too LOVE a lot of thick white smoke from my sticks. The Santa Clara does not disappoint. I always have room in the humi for them. Glad you enjoyed em!

Thread Information